Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:33:07 PM
713367 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Rachel Dolezal names her son Langston Attickus Dolezal « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rachel Dolezal names her son Langston Attickus Dolezal  (Read 2181 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: February 27, 2016, 11:36:36 AM »

http://blavity.com/rachel-dolezal-gives-birth-baby-boy-youll-never-guess-name/

Yes, it seems this new addition to the Dolezal clan may have been named after renown poet and civil rights activist Langston Hughes. TMZ hypothesized that the Attickus portion might have been inspired by the novel “To Kill a Mockingbird’s” character Atticus Finch who was a white lawyer who defended a black man who was wrongfully accused of a heinous crime.

The boy was born during Black History month which, in any other case, I would attribute to coincidence but...I wouldn't put anything past her. she's nuts and I'm almost as afraid of her as I am of Hillary

javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 01:43:26 PM »

She is scary, but what I find even more frightening is the acceptance of this woman by African Americans. I thought a white person donning "black face" was considered offensive, but maybe a heavy tan with dark bronze toner and crimped hair on a white person who claims to be black is acceptable.

I'm beginning to think the whole USA has joined in Florida's lunacy.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 02:08:20 PM »

What I wonder is does she gets to say the n word.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 03:18:32 PM »

What I wonder is does she gets to say the n word.

You know, that's a topic I have a question about.

I understand that in casual conversation that the "n-word" is unacceptable if used by someone other than a black individual. Frankly, if a word is so tainted, no one should be able to use the word. Yet, it is apparently still okay for others to say "honky" or "whitey". Double standards, but that's the modern world, so fine, let's move on.

Now, let's say that I'm doing a lecture about Mark Twain and I read aloud from Huckleberry Finn for education purposes. Do I have to say "N-word Jim" because I'm white? Stupid rewriting of culture and history to make people comfortable. It ranks up there with demanding the southern flag be removed from a game about the Civil War.

Same question applies to speaking about cinema. Do I refer to the Fred Williamson films as "Boss N-word" (most current editions have edited the title down to just "Boss" to avoid trouble) or "The Legend of N-word Charley"? If I'm attempting to use these films to show cultural changes in both Hollywood and society at large (meaning using them for educational purposes), do I still bow to PC-based conformity? For the love of cinema, Fred Williamson wrote "Boss n****r"! To the best of my knowledge, he chose the title. At the very least, he wasn't opposed to it that I've ever heard.

Kind of curious about this and would like to hear other opinions. I'm tempted to make this into a separate thread, but, again, I'm leery of stirring up trouble in the forum, although I think most regulars here are more understanding than that.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 03:35:38 PM »

When I teach history classes, if the word is in a direct quote, I use it (with appropriate disclaimers).

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 05:23:39 PM »

When I teach history classes, if the word is in a direct quote, I use it (with appropriate disclaimers).

I guess if I opt to use the actual titles (if I decide to use the films at any point), I could attempt that, but I don't think the Internet is as understanding as a classroom of students.  Bluesad

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Rachel Dolezal names her son Langston Attickus Dolezal « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.