Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:34:51 AM
714256 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Awkward and uncomfortable explanations of simple things « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Awkward and uncomfortable explanations of simple things  (Read 3963 times)
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« on: February 28, 2016, 10:04:57 AM »

This should appeal to those with warped senses of humor.

Take a simple item or process and describe it in accurate but odd and suggestive ways, basically a double meaning to the description. The key here is to imply the awkwardness, not be outright crude.

I'll start with:

The didgeridoo requires you to put your mouth on a long stiff shaft that you blow.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 08:12:40 AM »

When I was on 617 sqn I once had an engineering instruction come through that required me to inspect every flange in our section for damage.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 08:15:58 AM »

My former boss here once asked me to bring him a handful of sprocket holes: I believe this happened to Don Siegel when he was a film library apprentice as well.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 09:46:47 AM »

I once saw an otherwise boring video where a famous college football coach, being totally serious I gather, described a running back's job as: "Get a good grip on your balls, stick the crease whenever you get a chance, and make sure you always go down hard."

I about fell off my chair laughing.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 02:27:33 PM »

Let it never be said that pilots don't know how to move their stick and kick the old rudder about, wot?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 05:59:48 PM »

My former boss here once asked me to bring him a handful of sprocket holes: I believe this happened to Don Siegel when he was a film library apprentice as well.  TeddyR

That is funny, and I've heard that before.  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 12:23:36 AM »

In the Navy, they once asked me to go find a pair of sound powered phone batteries.

I knew it was a bogus assignment, so I went to the bowling alley for two hours.
Then told them I found no sound powered phone batteries anywhere I looked, which was true.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 01:33:01 PM »

I bought by wife a Tiger Tail, which is a REAl fitness massager like a high tech rolling pin.   I wrapped it up suggestive, and wrote on the card "Whats long and hard and makes you moan"

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Skull
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 01:58:54 PM »

We bought a house that has a bidet; I don't know or even want to use the thing because it doesn't look clean (maybe because it lacks a seat) but it seemed that my cat has found a use...

https://www.wattpad.com/228456659-crazy-animals-in-my-world-my-cat-santa-claws

Smile
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 06:37:58 PM »

We bought a house that has a bidet; I don't know or even want to use the thing because it doesn't look clean (maybe because it lacks a seat) but it seemed that my cat has found a use...

Smile

At least someone didn't think it was a drinking fountain...

(Having been to Italy and Turkey they were usually a feature of hotels over there.  They would either have full bidets or in a few cases a hose that you would use to wash down there).

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Skull
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 06:44:04 PM »

Smile

At least someone didn't think it was a drinking fountain...

(Having been to Italy and Turkey they were usually a feature of hotels over there.  They would either have full bidets or in a few cases a hose that you would use to wash down there).

lol

I would have to be really drunk to get that low to drink from something that looked like a seat-less toilet  BounceGiggle
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 12:00:37 AM »

lol

I would have to be really drunk to get that low to drink from something that looked like a seat-less toilet  BounceGiggle

I think the only time in my life I was really drunk was when I was in Italy and I had a bit too much wine.  Figured ah what the hell, it was free and I wasn't driving.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 02:56:49 AM »

lol

I think the only time in my life I was really drunk was when I was in Italy and I had a bit too much wine.  Figured ah what the hell, it was free and I wasn't driving.

When I went to Turin in 2002 and stayed at The Grand Hotel Sitea - beautiful place - I had my first encounter with a bidet. The encounter was, shall we say, interesting and bloody cold.  TeddyR TeddyR Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 12:21:46 PM »

(Pifft) Try finding out how cold and deep the water is in a regular American Standard toilet...boy, that'll wake ya up!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Awkward and uncomfortable explanations of simple things « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.