Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:16:35 AM
714152 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fascination (1979) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fascination (1979)  (Read 2776 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 05, 2016, 12:58:36 PM »

Way back in, I dunno, the 1890s I guess, a doctor brings a few female patients of his to a slaughterhouse.  They suffer from hemophilia and the good doctor believes chugging a few glasses of cow blood every so often would do them some good.  I'm not sure how effective the blood drinking is at treating their condition, but it sure does seem to make them horny.

Later, a group of thieves has just completed a successful heist.  Most of them want to blow the money immediately.  The group's newest member (I think his name is Tomas, or something), apparently just a wee bit more sophisticated than the others, has a better idea: invest the loot in the stock market.  The others think so highly of this idea they decide to kill him.  Thinking fast, Tom holds the boss man's #1 b***h hostage and makes an escape.  They don't get far before she manages to introduce his balls to her foot.  Tom still manages to escape after he finds a small castle - complete with moat! - out in the middle of nowhere and lays low inside.

The place isn't vacant.  Two women live there, a blonde one a brunette one.  As soon as Tom meets them, they beg, "Please don't kill us!  Only rape us!" (<-- Actual dialogue.)  Tom's not that kind of guy, though.  He does indeed screw them, but only after he's charmed his way into their good graces.  No force required.  Ah, that Tom, ha ha.

Tom's old gang eventually finds out where he is and sets up camp outside.  One of the women , the blonde one, goes out to tell them to beat it.  Instead, the boss's girlfriend beats up Blondie and steals her dress.  Can't have that, so Blondie goes to the barn, grabs a scythe, and hacks the gang to death with it.  Maybe "hacks" is too strong a word.  There was no budget for any sort of gore makeup, so what really happens is that blondie waves her scythe in the general vicinty of one of the gang members, who will then have red paint smeared on him in between shots.

Some time after that, more women arrive at the castle.  Turns out these women are all patients of that doctor from the beginning, and they've all decided cow blood isn't enough.  No, they need HUMAN BLOOD, preferably from a virile, young man.  Hey, Tom's one of those, and he's convieniently at the castle.  Problem is Brunette and Blondie have both kind of fallen in love with Tom by now, particularly Brunette.

She finally decides that penis is better than cannibalism and helps Tom escape.  Blondie catches them but Brunette shoots her.  This attracts the rest of the women.  Seeing that Tom has gotten away, they decide to eat Blondie, who isn't quite dead yet.  I mentioned already there was no budget for gore effects, and the production used the tried and true method of smearing paint on actors to give the impression of injury.  Well, that's the technique they use for the cannibalism scene.  Problem is, most of the women were pretending to eat Blondies thighs (very meaty, you know) so, when they pull up their heads with blood smeared around their mouths, looking all satisfied, it seems less like they just cannibalized her and more like they all just earned their red wings.

The End

This movie's main problem is pacing.  It sometimes seems like each individual shot goes on for nearly twice as long as it needs to.  Couple that with the nearly comatose performances of the actors and you've got the cure for insomnia.  Even Blondie's rampage with the scythe is quite soporific.  Unless you're seriously hard up for some Euro-Smut, you can skip this one.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 03:11:24 AM »

The others think so highly of this idea they decide to kill him.  Thinking fast, Tom holds the boss man's #1 b***h hostage and makes an escape.  They don't get far before she manages to introduce his balls to her foot.

Buggedout Buggedout +  TeddyR TeddyR

There was no budget for any sort of gore makeup, so what really happens is that blondie waves her scythe in the general vicinty of one of the gang members, who will then have red paint smeared on him in between shots.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

She finally decides that penis is better than cannibalism and helps Tom escape.  

It always is  Wink Wink

This movie's main problem is pacing.  It sometimes seems like each individual shot goes on for nearly twice as long as it needs to.  Couple that with the nearly comatose performances of the actors and you've got the cure for insomnia.  Even Blondie's rampage with the scythe is quite soporific.  Unless you're seriously hard up for some Euro-Smut, you can skip this one.

Thanks for the Monday morning laugh  TeddyR TeddyR

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:14:01 AM by Trevor T » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 05:38:36 AM »

Looks like another classic from Jean Rollin. And with Brigitte Lahaie too! A monument of French erotic cinema of the 70s.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 10:34:23 AM »

Jean Rollin is an acquired taste. I'd recommend his early vampire movies instead of this one, specifically THE NUDE VAMPIRE, SHIVER OF THE VAMPIRE, and REQUIEM FOR A VAMPIRE.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Skull
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 11:43:26 AM »

~snip~

Awesome review... I've thought I saw the movie but reading your review makes me believe that I had not... :)

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fascination (1979) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.