Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:41:31 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Batman v Superman - Dawn of Justice (2016) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Batman v Superman - Dawn of Justice (2016)  (Read 12296 times)
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 12:43:15 PM »

Yes, this version, which I call Batfleck, is old, paranoid, bitter, and has lost his humanity. In Alfred's few lines of dialog he even calls out Batfleck on it. Although poorly demonstrated by the film, I think he's supposedly regained some humanity by then end, as shown by his decision to not brand Luthor after all. So I'm not sure if we're meant to think that he's not going to kill again?

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 02:54:31 PM »

Yes, this version, which I call Batfleck, is old, paranoid, bitter, and has lost his humanity. In Alfred's few lines of dialog he even calls out Batfleck on it. Although poorly demonstrated by the film, I think he's supposedly regained some humanity by then end, as shown by his decision to not brand Luthor after all. So I'm not sure if we're meant to think that he's not going to kill again?

Even if he doesn't, there's still a lot to answer for.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Archivist

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 07:10:42 PM »

This is a very good point, one that I missed when I was watching it.  Alfred chastizes Bruce, speaking about 'the rage that turns good men cruel'.  Something I had not picked up on was the reference to the Joker and to Robin, both of whom are absent from this movie.  A scene in the movie implies that the Joker killed Robin, which would go a long way to propel Bruce to become the angry vigilante he was.

Seeing a homicidal Batman who fights with a brutal rage and blows away 'bad guys' with little regard for collateral damage was something I had not expected to see.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 04:40:13 AM »

Went to see this last night. Thought it was pretty enjoyable and couldn't really understand the level of vitriol aimed at it in a lot of reviews. Unless it was just because of Snyder & Affleck being connected to it. Anyway I liked it and Kristi (who generally dislikes movies that are dark), didn't dislike it as much as she thought she would (she only agreed to go see it with me because I'd went to see crap like Into The Woods with her and she owed me).

I do have to say though, I think Linda Carter was a better Wonder Woman though.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 02:04:43 PM »

Thought it was alright...but what kinda surprised me was that I actually liked Affleck as Bruce Wayne. I was torn when they announced him as the new Dark Knight, but overall I really enjoyed him in the part and I'm looking forward to his solo-film that was recently announced.

VenomX73

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 09:53:39 PM »

Just returning from the movies, I really enjoyed it.

Is it anything at all like the comics?... Hmmm, I dont care, it was still good.

Affleck plays a great Batman.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 11:31:15 AM »

Disclaimer... Not seen it yet...
However, if the Batman was drawn from the Dark Knight Returns/ All Star Batman and Robin model... He's a horrible person who has indeed lost all/most his humanity.    So maybe that explains the whole knuckles and killing bit.   

Still and all, I like my heros to be heroes in general. Frank Miller did me no favors.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2016, 10:34:33 PM »

However, if the Batman was drawn from the Dark Knight Returns/ All Star Batman and Robin model... He's a horrible person who has indeed lost all/most his humanity.    So maybe that explains the whole knuckles and killing bit.   

Still and all, I like my heros to be heroes in general. Frank Miller did me no favors.
-Ed

Even The Dark Knight Returns Batman wasn't a killer. A crippler, perhaps, but not a killer.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Jim H

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 11:51:42 PM »

-Ed

I actually like the version of Batman in the Dark Knight Returns...  But not the followup books or All Star, where he gets more and more ridiculous. 

Dawn of Justice Batman is like the Dark Knight Returns Batman but more violent and a killer.  He's not as ***holish as the All Star one though.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2016, 10:57:04 AM »

Regarded, by some, as a film without legs. While it had the 4th highest opening weekend box office gross, when all was said and done, it had earned only twice its opening weekend box office gross. Unlike "Star Wars : Episode 7 - the Force Awakens," which, while it had the highest opening weekend box office gross, it also earned 4 times that at the box office, when all was said and done. Thus, a film that was worth seeing once, and a film worth seeing more than once.

$188 million or the 5th highest opening weekend box office gross or what "Captain America : Civil War" earned that 1st weekend it opened. Now, we'll have to see whether it has legs. And it might, as its total international box office gross is now over $1 billion.

Rightly, DC has its defenders, and this is not to wish them ill, but . . .?! Why is Marvel, at this time, beating the crap out of DC at the box office? There's a story there, even if I am not sure what it is. Though, I can hazard it is because Marvel is . . .

(1) better action oriented.
(2) better cast.
(3) better written.

Though, help may be on the way. The rumor has it that the people who head DC's TV, where they have had some success, are to taken over the film division of DC, and maybe lighten up the films?
Which may be to the good, because the success or the lack thereof of "Batman versus Superman : Dawn of Justice" has raised questions about the viability of DC's upcoming, in 2017, "Wonder Woman" and "Justice League," and this year's "Suicide Squad." On the hand, with its so far success, "Captain America : Civil War" has created positive vibe for its upcoming Marvel films "Black Panther " and "Spiderman."

Oddly enough, ere I saw "Captain America : Civil War" in the theater, I saw the trailers for DC's "Suicide Squad" and Marvel's "Doctor Strange" back-to-back, and we know TAL (Trailers Always Lie), but . . .?! I got a more positive vibe from "Doctor Strange" than I did from "Suicide Squad." If only because the action scenes in 'Doctor Strange" (IMHO) had a more human touch. Though, the lack of the human element in the action. seems to me, is not unique to "Suicide Squad," for from the other films I saw at that time, the advances in SFX are pushing out the human element in action scenes, but . . .?!

We'll see what we'll see.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 09:19:33 AM »

Rightly, DC has its defenders, and this is not to wish them ill, but . . .?! Why is Marvel, at this time, beating the crap out of DC at the box office? There's a story there, even if I am not sure what it is. Though, I can hazard it is because Marvel is . . .

(1) better action oriented.
(2) better cast.
(3) better written.

I think the key reason for Marvel's success is that Marvel has a long-term plan, while DC seems to just be trying to cash in on the current superhero movie blitz. They don't comprehend that the current popularity of superhero films is largely due to Marvel having a plan.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Archivist

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2016, 03:27:12 AM »

The Ultimate Edition is coming, with enough footage for a three hour feature.  There's talk of a lot of excised violence being reinstated, giving it an R rating.  The trailer for the Ultimate edition has a lot of bits and pieces that I didn't notice in the first movie, and not just violence, so this might be cool.

! No longer available Small | Large

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2016, 09:53:50 AM »

Warning:  Here there be Spoilers!

I finally watched Superman vs Batman

I've seen, read and watched lots of reviews on this one, and almost none of them had anything good to say about it.  Even those made the movie sound so much better than it actually was.  

This is probably the single worst superhero movie I have ever seen.  Keep in mind, I've seen Elektra, Constantine, Howard the Duck, and Man-Thing.  None of them were this bad.  

I litterly groaned everytime  Lex Luthor appearance on the scene.  There were actually instances where I was yelling at the screen wanting him to shut up.  How did ANYONE anywhere think his performance was acceptable?  Lots of people have compared him to the Joker (admittedly, I was one judging by his appearance on the previews) but having actually watched it, that's complimenting him too much.  He was more like a less impressive and worse acted version of Jim Carrey's Riddler.  

Yeah, they made a villain that makes Jim Carrey's Riddler look impressive in comparison.  How do you do that?  He didn't even seem to have any motive in that movie.  He was just doing bad things because... bad guy.  

Not that the good guys wee much better.  Superman was incredibly whiney, and seemed to not actually care when people died... unless it was Lois.  He'd let a guy get shot in the head, but as soon as Lois was in danger, he was there … there to KILL the guy that put her at risk.  

Then we have a Batman that flat up kills, and disfigures people who thinks of himself as a criminal and say that if there's a 1% change Superman could ever possibly become a bad guy then he needs to be killed.  He also has stupid dream sequences that don't effect the plot and last too long.  What he doesn't seem to have is people calling him “Batman”.  I don't think they said that once.  He was always “the Bat” or “the Bat of Gotham.”  We all know he's Batman, movie people.  Deal with it. Call him Batman.  

At least he GOT a name though.  I don't think Wonder Woman ever got anything.  I think somebody called her Miss Prince at one point, but I don't recall anything else.  

Back to Lex... so he just strolls in to the Kryptonian craft and starts giving it orders?  Okay, he did the finger print thing, sure, but still.  Shouldn't there be more security on the ship than that?  And it talked to him in English?  And after the ship told him it was forbidden to do something, he just said the council was gone and it went ahead and let him anyway?  I started to say “nothing in that scene made sense,” but I'm going to have to go one further.  “Nothing in that scene wasn't stupid.”    

On top of that, the movie feels like it was edited by somebody that's never edited a movie on their life.  Scenes just felt like they stopped and new scenes started with no flow at all.  I'm sorely temped to get a copy of this movie and re-edit it myself.  I honestly think I, without any experience or training, could do a better job.  

This is the kind of movie that Uwe Boll and Ed Wood would look at and go “Gee, I'm glad I didn't make that.”    

Oh, almost forgot to say anything about Doomsday.  He looked like a generic Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter troll.  The Marvel Universe has already done several movies with the Incredible Hulk.  Making the Hulk less interesting and giving him explodey powers (where did those come from?) does not make for a good villain.  Really,m if you're going to hgave Luthor mess with Kryptonian DNA and frame Superman then USE BIZARRO!  That's exactly the type of character he is.  Then you wouldn't have to try and frame Superman using explosions and 100%-Can't-get-tyem-anywhere-else Luthor bullets.  

Okay rant over.  

For now.  

edit:  Okay, found this in a review online and I loved it so much I had to share it.
Eisenberg is next-level terrible as Luthor. He’s a twitchy lunatic pretty much from the start, and if there are any events in the story that lead to him escalating his plot to the point of creating an unstoppable monster I missed them. Eisenberg delivers every line like he thinks the villains on the 1966 Batman show were too nuanced. His face is a collection of tics, and his eyes burn with the power of a thousand ham actors. Not only is his performance unmodulated, he’s generally irritating at all times - while I don’t understand why Lex Luthor wants to unleash an unstoppable monster on the world, I do fully understand why Batman wants to f**king hit him.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:20:04 PM by Chainsaw midget » Logged
Flangepart

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2016, 03:22:24 PM »

Hee hee hee...' and his eyes burn with the power of a thousand ham actors." A line of beauty!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
AoTFan

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2016, 07:46:17 PM »

Can't believe nobody mentioned the dumbest part of the film yet (or maybe because it's already been touched upon so much elsewhere, everyone's trying to forget it).

Who, on the verge of the death, refers to their mom by her first name? 

Anybody?? 

I think Honest Trailers said it best.

Small | Large
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Batman v Superman - Dawn of Justice (2016) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.