Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:57 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, I'm back! Maybe, anyway.... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Well, I'm back! Maybe, anyway....  (Read 3961 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 16, 2016, 12:48:46 PM »

Hey guys, Mike aka BTM is back!  It's been a looong time since I've posted and I don't know if anyone will remember me (seems like a lot, but not all) of the people I knew are no longer with the board.  Anyway, I just wanted to say, "Hello" and stuff.

Trying to re-acquaint myself with everything, it's a bit dizzying, all the new stuff that's come out while I was gone.

Hope everyone's happy to see me again!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 01:25:04 PM »

Sure, we remember you. Every time we look at the "unofficial random thoughts" thread we're reminded of you! Things have changed, Andrew is rarely seen anymore, but stick around and meet some of the new folks!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 04:54:00 PM »

Wow: welcome back, Mike!

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 10:30:39 PM »

Welcome home!! Now don't run of again or Sprite will send his search cats out after you.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AoTFan

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 11:34:11 AM »

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I have to admit this, but after all this time a lot of the detail about the people I knew have all gotten a bit mixed up... still remember a few things though.  Indianasmith, are you still teaching?  Still going out digging Indian heads?

Rev Powell, uh.. shoot hope I don't get this wrong, but were you the one that became a lawyer shortly before my "vacation"? 

It's funny, I'm trying to look at profiles, but the board won't let me.  I guess it's because of the new ID I created.  I guess I could, technically, go back to my old ID but the email it's under has been long deleted.  Besides, I figure it's time for a fresh slate.  (Even though it would be nice to have it keep track of all the brilliant stuff I've posted in the past).  Ah, well, have to write newer, more brilliant stuff.

Hmmm... looks like Ghouck, Paquita, Grace, haven't posted in awhile.  I hope they're doing okay.  Course, I think in a lot of cases people who've left probably up and did something silly like up and got lives.   BounceGiggle

Right now, my posting might be sporadic, there's just SO MUCH to do.  Got this new system with Windows 10 I'm still trying to get used to.  (It's like have someone come into you're house, throw out all the furniture, move everything around, then hide half the stuff behind locked doors and leave a pile of unlabeled keys for you to figure out what's what.) 

Plus I'm still trying to find a job, either in the real world or something I can do from home.  (Signed up for some "piece meal" websites, but with my typing skills a bit slow right they're not paying too much.)

Anyway, again, thanks for the welcome back. 

Mike

BTW if Andrew's not here much, who's running the site these days?  Don't tell me they've let the inmates take over.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 12:26:07 PM »

Yup, that's me.

Paquita had a kid and rarely checks in these days. We hear more from her hubby, Skull. Ghouck has not been seen for a while, nor has Sister Grace.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AoTFan

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 04:15:01 PM »

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I have to admit this, but after all this time a lot of the detail about the people I knew have all gotten a bit mixed up... still remember a few things though.  Indianasmith, are you still teaching?  Still going out digging Indian heads?

Er.. that should be ARROW heads.. not Indian heads.  That just sounds really weird...
Paquita

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 05:17:15 PM »

Yup, that's me.

Paquita had a kid and rarely checks in these days. We hear more from her hubby, Skull. Ghouck has not been seen for a while, nor has Sister Grace.

Ahem.. I'm still around lurk- I mean observing!  I'm not far, just by the time I get done reading everything I've run out of energy to post.

Nice to see you back!  I hope things are going well for you!!

AoTFan

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 06:32:44 PM »

Ahem.. I'm still around lurk- I mean observing!  I'm not far, just by the time I get done reading everything I've run out of energy to post.

Nice to see you back!  I hope things are going well for you!!

Thanks Paquita!  Hope you're doing good as well.  Wow, a kid, huh?  Congrats!

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 11:29:41 PM »

Let's see, quick rundown on my last four years -

I'm completing my 20th year of teaching at the same small private school, still love my job.
Still collect Indian arrowheads when I can.
I've now written five novels, three of them are currently in print.

And I am still the hottest fat man on the planet, with irresistibly sexy nostrils!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 01:45:01 AM »

Don't tell me they've let the inmates take over.

Indeed: meet our new site manager.   Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AoTFan

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 07:47:34 AM »

I'm completing my 20th year of teaching at the same small private school, still love my job.

And I am still the hottest fat man on the planet, with irresistibly sexy nostrils!

Shoot, meant to comment on this... five books?  Wow, that's awesome!  The three in print, let me guess, they're about history or archeology? I remember you were heavy into them. 
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 11:20:58 PM »

Shoot, meant to comment on this... five books?  Wow, that's awesome!  The three in print, let me guess, they're about history or archeology? I remember you were heavy into them. 

They are novels - two are Biblical archeology thrillers (THE TESTIMONIUM and MATTHEW'S AUTOGRAPH, and one is a historical novel set in the First Century called THE REDEMPTION OF PONTIUS PILATE.  All available on Amazon, just in case . . . you know!) Wink

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, I'm back! Maybe, anyway.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.