Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:30:53 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  HUMPHREY BOGART « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HUMPHREY BOGART  (Read 3442 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: May 20, 2016, 06:14:23 AM »

Bogie is the man-I enjoy all his films-even the bad ones-!
!.The AFRICAN QUEEN (1951) This is a really BAD movie-Its stupid and outlandish-but just because Bogie is in it-its great.
2.the MALTESE FALCON (1941) This is NOT a bad movie-its one of the best movies I have ever seen-and what a cast! Maybe the most perfect movie ever made.
3.CASABLANCA (1942) their aint much I can say about this that aint been sed-I dont think its a good as the Falcon.
4.HIGH SIERRA (1941) Bogey as a gangster-always good combo.
5.DARK PASSAGE (1947) What Bogie does with only his eyes! He can act threw bandages! It reminds me of a story in Eerie 1971 Fearbook-drawn by Steve Ditko. Called FLY-yeah-thats a really obscure reference-ignore me-I'm an old geek. Bluesad
alright-yer thoughts?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 06:53:59 AM »

He was outstanding!

I'd like to add The Big Sleep and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre to those films he's been in that are already listed.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 07:06:28 AM »

He was outstanding!

I'd like to add The Big Sleep and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre to those films he's been in that are already listed.
Yes sir! He was like Lugosi-Vincent Price-Peter Lorre,Jimmy Cagney-Some actors just make bad movies great. George Raft-Who I think is a very 2 dimensional shmuck-turned down the role of Sam Spade in  the MALTESE FALCON-Im glad he did-Bogie -as I sed-IS THE MAN
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:14:17 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 09:28:17 AM »

He starred in 3 of my favorite movies: THE MALTESE FALCON, CASABLANCA, and THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE. An icon.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 10:48:56 AM »

He starred in 3 of my favorite movies: THE MALTESE FALCON, CASABLANCA, and THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE. An icon.

Those are the 'big three' Bogart movies for me as well.  Thumbup

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Neville

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 02:53:30 PM »

"The Caine Mutiny" is another classic. You hate his guts one scene, you find him pitiful and damaged in the next one.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 03:23:35 PM »

IN A LONELY PLACE with GLORIA GRAHAME is very interesting.  People don't talk about that one much. 

Bela, it's interesting that you knock THE AFRICAN QUEEN... It's not "a really BAD movie..."  It was also directed by JOHN HUSTON (like THE MALTESE FALCON)...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Neville

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 03:31:05 PM »

IN A LONELY PLACE with GLORIA GRAHAME is very interesting.  People don't talk about that one much. 

That's the one where Bogey plays am alcoholic wrioter, right? IIRC he said it was the role that most resembled his real personality.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 09:52:19 AM »

That's the one where Bogey plays am alcoholic wrioter, right? IIRC he said it was the role that most resembled his real personality.
Yes.  Creepy film. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 02:16:01 PM »

So many good films. So hard to reduce the list to just 3, so let me choose 3 of his more odd roles.

The Return of Doctor X (1939)
Bogie stars as a vampire.

Virginia City (1940)
Bogie stars as a Mexican bandit.

Across the Pacific (1942)
Not so much odd, but . . .?! almost a sequel to the "Maltese Falcon," as it stars . . .
Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, and Sydney Greenstreet and is . . .
directed by John Huston, except for the final scenes.

What I like about it, is that it stars almost every Asian actor in Hollywood at that time, including . . .
Victor Sen Yung -- Lee Tung Foo -- Richard Loo -- Keye Luke -- Kam Tung -- Philip Ahn -- Paul Fung -- Beal Wong -- Spencer Chan -- and Rudy Robles.

Bogie. What an actor. There'll ne'er be another one like him, and he will be missed.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  HUMPHREY BOGART « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.