Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:05:52 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Predator Reboot « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predator Reboot  (Read 3801 times)
Chainsawmidget
« on: May 22, 2016, 06:53:35 AM »

Shane Black, the guy who wrote Leathal Weapon 1,2 and 3, Monster Squad, and wrote and directed Ironman 3 is behind the wheel of a new Predator movie due out in 2018.  Arnold is supposed to be returning as well. 

The thing I'm wondering is, what is there actually to reboot in this series?  The Predators have no real backstory or origins.  None of the movies connect to each other at all.  There's no returning characters from one movie to the next. Somehow though, they seem to insist that it's a reboot. 

dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 10:28:00 AM »

Shane Black, the guy who wrote Leathal Weapon 1,2 and 3, Monster Squad, and wrote and directed Ironman 3 is behind the wheel of a new Predator movie due out in 2018.  Arnold is supposed to be returning as well. 

The thing I'm wondering is, what is there actually to reboot in this series?  The Predators have no real backstory or origins.  None of the movies connect to each other at all.  There's no returning characters from one movie to the next. Somehow though, they seem to insist that it's a reboot. 

Probably means that rather than come up with a new idea they'll just re-use the plot of the original. It's a shame: I really would have liked to see what happened after Predators, which was actually a decent movie.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 05:17:55 PM »

Probably means that rather than come up with a new idea they'll just re-use the plot of the original. It's a shame: I really would have liked to see what happened after Predators, which was actually a decent movie.

It's still unclear what exactly this is, reboot/sequel/remake.  Shane Black initially said it was a sequel.  And the term reboot is so diluted now it can mean almost anything Star Wars VII gets called a reboot, seriously. 

I can't find a press release stating anything directly, so who knows.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 05:25:32 PM »

Shane Black, the guy who wrote Leathal Weapon 1,2 and 3, Monster Squad, and wrote and directed Ironman 3 is behind the wheel of a new Predator movie due out in 2018.  Arnold is supposed to be returning as well.  

The thing I'm wondering is, what is there actually to reboot in this series?  The Predators have no real backstory or origins.  None of the movies connect to each other at all.  There's no returning characters from one movie to the next. Somehow though, they seem to insist that it's a reboot.  

It's still unclear what exactly this is, reboot/sequel/remake.  Shane Black initially said it was a sequel.  And the term reboot is so diluted now it can mean almost anything Star Wars VII gets called a reboot, seriously.  

Every reference I've found to it has called it a reboot. 
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 07:29:48 PM »

It'll have to be better than Predators.  I mean, it will HAVE to be.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 04:43:15 PM »

Shane Black, the guy who wrote Leathal Weapon 1,2 and 3, Monster Squad, and wrote and directed Ironman 3 is behind the wheel of a new Predator movie due out in 2018.  Arnold is supposed to be returning as well.  

The thing I'm wondering is, what is there actually to reboot in this series?  The Predators have no real backstory or origins.  None of the movies connect to each other at all.  There's no returning characters from one movie to the next. Somehow though, they seem to insist that it's a reboot.  

It's still unclear what exactly this is, reboot/sequel/remake.  Shane Black initially said it was a sequel.  And the term reboot is so diluted now it can mean almost anything Star Wars VII gets called a reboot, seriously.  

Every reference I've found to it has called it a reboot.  

Ones I see imply it's like a soft reboot, like Jurassic World.  So not breaking continuity, but with minimal if any recurring characters or particularly major references to the previous films.

http://screenrant.com/predator-reboot-sequel-shane-black-details/

Has some quotes from Shane Black about it.

“[It’s not a reboot] as far as Fred and I are concerned anyway. Why start over, when you’ve all this rich mythology yet to mine? [However, I can] really get behind inventive sequels [and] the idea of expanding and exploring the existing Predator mythology, rather than hitting the restart button.”
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 05:06:50 PM »

So long as the writer from Prometheus isn't involved.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 08:39:06 PM »

That's not entirely true.  The both the second and Predators make reference to the first.  In the second, its how the government knew about the about the predators and their heat sensing ability.  The third just gives the first a throw away mention.

As for backstory of the Predators, themselves.  There's plenty in the EU comics and novels.  How much of that is cannon is up for debate I'm sure.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 09:26:23 PM »

So long as the writer from Prometheus isn't involved.

AMEN

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Predator Reboot « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.