Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:01:03 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  CAPTAIN AMERICA IS A NAZI « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CAPTAIN AMERICA IS A NAZI  (Read 4115 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: May 31, 2016, 06:53:23 AM »

Hatred

I just read this:
http://time.com/4347224/captain-america-hydra-agent-marvel-tom-brevoort/

Now-I don't follow comics-I bought my last recent comic in 1980 (I still pick up an oldie here and there at flea markets and such.)
But this really gets my goat.
When I was a kid in the 70's Captain America and the Falcon-as drawn by the great Jack Kirby-was my favorite comic. Oh-I bought other titles-the Invaders (which Cap was also a member),Devil Dinosaur,the Black Panther,the Inhumans-but Cap was the MAN! He symbolized all that was good in America-in an era of Nixon/Watergate,the Peoples Liberation Army and riots against Vietnam.
So making Cap a Hydra agent (aka Nazi),is a slap in the face to his fans,and-more important-to creators Joe Simon and Jack Kirby-who created the character.
Simon and Kirby were Jewish. The first issue of Captain America came out in March of 1941-a whole 9 months before Pearl Harbor-and on that cover he was punching Hitler in the face.
The punk,snot nosed dickheads who came up with this s**tty publicity money grabbing stunt are finding out that the may have just s**t where they eat-being as many fans are boycotting Marvel and the writer of this moronic story arc has even received death threats! This aint a "mind control" or  "clone" stunt",he is going to be trying to sabotage the Avengers from within-read the article-I just wanna punch the idiots at Marvel in the face for green lighting this abomination.
I can deal with lotsa s**t-but they just took a big dump on my childhood.  Hatred

from Captain America #1

the first issue of Captain America and the Falcon I bought as a kid in the 70's.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 08:29:53 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:05:43 AM »

Yeah, this is a load of crap pure and simple, and these guys need a good beating.
Captain America stood for everything that was good about this country, and still does in the minds of loyal fans. 
Seems to me to be part and parcel of the "hate America first" ideology that is shared by so many in the entertainment community these days.
Wonder if it's too late for a "Ha ha, we were only kidding" issue?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 01:58:32 PM »

Yeah, this is a load of crap pure and simple, and these guys need a good beating.
Captain America stood for everything that was good about this country, and still does in the minds of loyal fans. 
Seems to me to be part and parcel of the "hate America first" ideology that is shared by so many in the entertainment community these days.
Wonder if it's too late for a "Ha ha, we were only kidding" issue?

What he said.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 07:23:41 PM »

Yeh, it will turn out that CAPTAIN AMERICA is a double double agent... the current writers certainly got attention...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 12:30:16 PM »

This is offensive to me.....I refuse to believe or accept such an anti-American load of horse hockey. Hatred

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 07:53:31 PM »

I've enjoyed the Marvel movies as much as the next guy, but the comics seem to have been making bad decisions ever since Disney bought them.  This is  One More Day level of stupid. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 08:29:14 AM »

well-we know how Chris Evans feels about this fiasco!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 02:09:10 PM »

What is it with comic writers these days where they can't seem to accept that a hero can actually be *gasp* a good person with no dark secrets of crippling emotional baggage? 

I'm just going to ignore this and wait for it to go away the same way Ironman being a mole for Kang the Conqueror and then getting replaced by his teenage self from the past did. 
AoTFan

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 10:36:10 PM »

Okay, REEEEEEAALLLY dumb question... was Captain America shot and killed several months back?  Like, for REAL shot and killed?  And even had several people (including the Punisher ??!?!?!?!) take up his mantle for awhile? 

Only kind sorta familiar with the character... even when I did buy/read comcis regulars (back in the mid 90s) I was more and X-Books/Thunderbolts fan when it came to Marvel.
Jim H

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 11:50:26 PM »

Okay, REEEEEEAALLLY dumb question... was Captain America shot and killed several months back?  Like, for REAL shot and killed?  And even had several people (including the Punisher ??!?!?!?!) take up his mantle for awhile? 

Only kind sorta familiar with the character... even when I did buy/read comcis regulars (back in the mid 90s) I was more and X-Books/Thunderbolts fan when it came to Marvel.

Yeah, Steve Rogers got shot and killed by Crossbones post-Civil War in the comics.  He came back from the dead like a year or two later.  This was like 6 or 7 years ago.  Other people took up the mantle for a while, but Steve Rogers took it back eventually.  He also got aged to his chronological age, then rejuvenated.

Also, rest assured everything will go back to normal within a year, two at the most.  I gather there's already an implication that this was the result of reality warping shenanigans, as usual. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  CAPTAIN AMERICA IS A NAZI « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.