Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:40:50 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Passion of the Christ II: Jesus is Back and He's p**sed Off! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Passion of the Christ II: Jesus is Back and He's p**sed Off!  (Read 3461 times)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« on: June 10, 2016, 01:56:28 PM »

I knew it!

Braveheart screenwriter Randall Wallace says he's working with Mel Gibson on a follow-up to The Passion of the Christ.

Wallace told The Hollywood Reporter on Thursday that the new film will focus on the resurrection of Jesus.

The Hollywood Reporter noted that Wallace "reluctantly" confirmed rumours that the project was in the works, after Gibson recently said he was interested in doing another Passion film.

"The evangelical community considers The Passion the biggest movie ever out of Hollywood, and they kept telling us that they think a sequel will be even bigger," Wallace said.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 01:58:12 PM »

This could be very good or very bad, depending.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
sprite75

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 03:39:44 PM »

This could be very good or very bad, depending.

Maybe this version of Jesus will be seven feet tall and smites men by the hundreds. And consumes the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 05:47:16 PM »

Considering how closely PASSION stuck to the Scriptural accounts of the event, I doubt they will take quite that much artistic license . . . . you need to watch JESUS CHRIST: VAMPIRE HUNTER if that's what you are after.  Lookingup TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
sprite75

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 06:34:28 PM »

Considering how closely PASSION stuck to the Scriptural accounts of the event, I doubt they will take quite that much artistic license . . . . you need to watch JESUS CHRIST: VAMPIRE HUNTER if that's what you are after.  Lookingup TeddyR

My understanding it was based partly on the Scriptures and partly on visions that Anne Catherine Emmerich had recorded having.  I wonder if he's going to rely on just the bible or if he plans on using other sources.  Or will this be a record of how the apostles ended along with all the accompanying violence?  John was the only one to die of natural causes about 100 years after the birth of Christ.  All the others came to rather bad ends.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 07:03:52 PM »

There were some non-scriptural traditions in there - the Veil of Veronica, for one thing - but for the most part it followed the Gospel narratives very closely.  The problem with the traditions about the various apostle's deaths is that they postdate the events by a hundred years or more, for the most part, so it's hard to say how accurate they are.  Judas and James, the brother of John are the only ones of the Twelve whose deaths are recorded in the New Testament.  There's pretty early testimony (about 40 years after the fact) that Peter and Paul were martyred about the same time in Rome, and the death of James the Lord's brother was recounted in the works of Josephus, about 30 years afterward.  But the rest? Late second through fourth century traditions are all we have to go on.

Like I said, I'll look forward to this.  I certainly enjoyed RISEN. 

sprite75

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 11:33:53 PM »

It would be really neat if Jesus looked like this in the film;

Yeah I'm joking and yeah I know there's not much chance of that happening.

SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 10:21:49 PM »

What that's certainly not going to cause any trouble. Lookingup

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Passion of the Christ II: Jesus is Back and He's p**sed Off! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.