Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:36:40 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Vice-Presidential Nominees? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Vice-Presidential Nominees?  (Read 7066 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: June 16, 2016, 03:42:28 PM »

Seriously. Not another topic to get all Grape Ape on each other and meander beyond the intended subject, I just was curious if anyone here had some names, because as I see it, that field is wide open.

Supposedly the new wisdom is a running mate is less about carrying her or his home state and more about shoring up a ticket on a national scale, but since we still have the electoral college that makes every vote local, I don't see how that could be true. If Ohio's governor were to be on the ticket, would that help his party carry the state? I don't know. Personally I don't think the electoral college is necessarily a good idea. (Plus I tried to enroll there after high school and never could find it.)

So, ideas? Hopefully peaceful, tactful, friendly ideas?

Namaste, shalom, aloha, salaam, git-ir-done, and etc to one and all...

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 05:32:40 PM »

For Hillary Clinton - Elizabeth Warren!  A double estrogen ticket would drive progressives crazy.
For Donald Trump - someone sane.  Problem is, most of them want nothing to do with him.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 05:42:04 PM »

Oh God, please, PLEASE let Trump pick Sarah Palin... think of the SNL skits! If not her, then Ben Carson. Ted Cruz would also be HILARIOUS, but that's a pipe dream I'm sure.

For Clinton the choices are boring: just pick any moderate white male and she'll do fine. NOT Warren, obviously!

And I think the Electoral College is a good idea. It's sort of a last-ditch safeguard to frustrate the will of the people if they favor a demagogue.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 06:51:00 PM »

For Hillary Clinton - Elizabeth Warren!  A double estrogen ticket would drive progressives crazy.
For Donald Trump - someone sane.  Problem is, most of them want nothing to do with him.

For once, I think almost everyone is on the same page, at this time.

For Hillary Clinton, I--too--have heard Warren's name mentioned, in the belief, she'll attract the people who voted for Sanders' during the primary.

For Donald Trump, I don't know about the sanity part, but . . .?! I agree with the part that most Republicans want to keep him as far away as possible, so I think it'll be interesting to find out how many Republicans will turn him down, before he finds someone who'll run with him.
Skull
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 08:22:06 PM »

Hillary Vice-Presidential pick is going to be somebody expendable. Elizabeth Warren is 66 years old and I have doubts that the democrat party is going to run a granny ticket. I think Hillary should pick up Jeb Bush (Since the Rhinos are like democrats).

Trump... Sarah Palin would be awesome but I think Trump said he wants somebody that has experiences in passing bills. The bridge is burnt with Ted Cruz - though if Ted Cruz was 'smart' he should had drop out after Marco Rubio dropped out. But he didn't so it's doubtful Cruz would be picked. I also believe Ben Carson don't want to be Vice-President because he's looking for Secretary of State. So I'm going to pick... Marco Rubio as Trump's VP.

My picks:

Hillary --------> Jeb Bush

Trump --------> Marco Rubio

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 06:10:04 AM »

For Donald Trump - someone sane. 

So, not me then  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 07:44:51 AM »

Actually, Skull, picking a Republican (if she could find one willing to switch sides) would not be a bad choice at all for Hillary in terms of poaching potential Trump voters. The only thing is, I don't think she should take any gambles---she's ahead solidly in the polls, no need to rock the boat.

Skull
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 08:12:37 AM »

Actually, Skull, picking a Republican (if she could find one willing to switch sides) would not be a bad choice at all for Hillary in terms of poaching potential Trump voters. The only thing is, I don't think she should take any gambles---she's ahead solidly in the polls, no need to rock the boat.

Sorry but I don't trust the polls. I think I would trust Facebook likes more.

Hillary Clinton

https://www.facebook.com/hillaryclinton/likes

Donald J. Trump

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/likes

And if you look at the Likes Trump is gaining speed and Hillary is dropping - I wonder if the night club shooting has anything to do with it...

-------------------------------

Like I said, I NEVER TRUSTED the polls... (and I said that a dozen times on the other thread). So I wouldn't be surprised that Hillary would pull a republican out of her ass. :)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:14:56 AM by Skull » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 08:49:12 AM »

Sorry but I don't trust the polls. I think I would trust Facebook likes more.

Hillary Clinton

https://www.facebook.com/hillaryclinton/likes

Donald J. Trump

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/likes

And if you look at the Likes Trump is gaining speed and Hillary is dropping - I wonder if the night club shooting has anything to do with it...

-------------------------------

Like I said, I NEVER TRUSTED the polls... (and I said that a dozen times on the other thread). So I wouldn't be surprised that Hillary would pull a republican out of her ass. :)

I go by the markets: https://www.predictit.org/

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 10:56:01 AM »

I think Clinton picking Warren is "baked in" as they say on Wall St

Trump I have no idea. Christie is auditioning pretty hard
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 05:17:01 PM »

This is just a tentative list so far, but . . .?! the following are believed to be on Clinton's short list of possible vice president nominees.

Afro-Americans
Senator Cory Booker
New Jersey

Latinos
Representative Xavier Becerra
California
Julian Castro
Thomas E. Perez

Senators
Michael Bennett
Colorado
Sherrod Brown
Ohio
Tim Kaine
Virginia
Mark Warner
Virginia

Women
Senator Elizabeth Warren
Massachusetts

The article went on to say, taking a page from her husband's playbook and Gore, and the relationship between Obama and Biden, one of the chief criteria will be compatibility with her choice.

And we'll see what we'll see.
Skull
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 05:22:08 PM »

This is just a tentative list so far, but . . .?! the following are believed to be on Clinton's short list of possible vice president nominees.

Afro-Americans
Senator Cory Booker
New Jersey

Latinos
Representative Xavier Becerra
California
Julian Castro
Thomas E. Perez

Senators
Michael Bennett
Colorado
Sherrod Brown
Ohio
Tim Kaine
Virginia
Mark Warner
Virginia

Women
Senator Elizabeth Warren
Massachusetts

The article went on to say, taking a page from her husband's playbook and Gore, and the relationship between Obama and Biden, one of the chief criteria will be compatibility with her choice.

And we'll see what we'll see.

I still think Jeb Bush should be on Hillary's short list :)
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 02:53:21 AM »

For Donald Trump: Andrew Hill Card Jr. --> That'll be "Trump Card for 2016"

For Hillary Clinton: Don Ness --> That'll be Her "Clinton-Ness in 2016"

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 07:01:10 AM »

Agnew from Futurama  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Skull
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 08:07:39 AM »

For Donald Trump: Andrew Hill Card Jr. --> That'll be "Trump Card for 2016"

For Hillary Clinton: Don Ness --> That'll be Her "Clinton-Ness in 2016"

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Vice-Presidential Nominees? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.