Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:23:13 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Vice-Presidential Nominees? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Vice-Presidential Nominees?  (Read 6809 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 05:44:21 PM »

It looks like it's official. Trump's running mate will be Governor Mike Pence, Republican of Indiana. Probably the best of a limited lot, and thus it is unlikely to hurt Trump in his run for the Presidency. On the other hand, he's probably not going to be much of a help at this time, as the latest polls show that only 22% of Republicans say it'll make them more likely to vote for Trump, and only 12% of non-Republicans say it'll make them more likely to vote for Trump.

And we will see what we will see.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 08:37:48 PM »

...And I think the Electoral College is a good idea. It's sort of a last-ditch safeguard to frustrate the will of the people if they favor a demagogue.

I agree with that statement.  'Tis troubling, like spellcheck...  Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 08:18:12 PM »

she's ahead solidly in the polls, no need to rock the boat.

Not anymore.

Looks like the "Comey Manipulation" is backfiring big time.  She's probably the most corrupt person to ever RUN for President, and even her own party is "solidly" hating her these days.

She'll hang on to a few sycophants no matter what she does...and, she can always count on at least "passive" support from the Never Trumpers.

I doubt her VP pick will help her much.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 10:16:11 AM »

she's ahead solidly in the polls, no need to rock the boat.

Not anymore.

Looks like the "Comey Manipulation" is backfiring big time.  She's probably the most corrupt person to ever RUN for President, and even her own party is "solidly" hating her these days.

She'll hang on to a few sycophants no matter what she does...and, she can always count on at least "passive" support from the Never Trumpers.

I doubt her VP pick will help her much.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Last I saw Trump only leads in one poll and is tied in one, Clinton leads most. Trump has closed, though. Long way to go still. Both of their personlities are so powerful and dislikability so high I doubt either Veep choice will be much of a factor.

(Yes, Skull, we know Trump has more Facebook likes!)

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ulthar

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 10:33:14 AM »

Last I saw Trump only leads in one poll and is tied in one, Clinton leads most. Trump has closed, though.

So, my statement was fair, then, right?  She's not "solidly leading" anymore.  She's loosing in some polls (especially in the 'battleground' states of FL, OH and PA) and more importantly, loosing ground steadily.

I don't think pre-convention polls have any statistical efficacy (regarding the general election) in the history of American politics.

The polls are NOTHING more than a talking for media pundits to fuel their own egos.  Such polls mean nothing.  They certainly have zero predictive power.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 10:53:32 AM »

Last I saw Trump only leads in one poll and is tied in one, Clinton leads most. Trump has closed, though.

So, my statement was fair, then, right?  She's not "solidly leading" anymore. 

Yes, I misinterpreted your meaning. "Solidly" is not quantifiable, but Trump has closed lately. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 01:31:17 PM »

What was unofficial is now official. The other Vice President nominee is Senator Tim Kaine, Democrat of Virginia. You can get a better look at him, if you want, at this week's Democrat Convention.
Skull
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 08:02:54 AM »

The polls are NOTHING more than a talking for media pundits to fuel their own egos.  Such polls mean nothing.  They certainly have zero predictive power.

I've never trusted the polls and wikileaks seemed to suggest that the media was in on helping Hillary in the primary (I won't be surprised they fixed the poll numbers too)
ulthar

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 08:55:28 AM »

Speaking of VP picks and media collusion with the DNC, I have seen ONE reference to a Tim Kaine quote wherein he said Hillary should be held accountable for her crimes with the email server.

Now, I don't know if Kaine actually said this, as I cannot vet it independently of that one claim.  What I CAN say is that my own online searches for confirmation of this quote have turned up no independent confirmation.  It may well be a false claim or a misinterpretation of something he did say.

The point of bringing it up is this: MSM = ZERO Credibility

I have not trusted what I see in the MSM for a very long time. I sure has heck don't trust them to report something like this Kaine quote (if it happened). The absence of this quote from MSM sources means nothing.

What I have turned up in my searches for this quote is hundreds of 'repeat headlines' and identical copy from one source to another.  The swooning over the Kaine pick has every appearance of being scripted.  Like so many other MSM stories of the past 25 years.

The MSM sure has been "Selling" the Kaine VP pick to their readers/viewers.  My guess is most people claiming it's such a slick move had never even heard of Kaine before this weekend.

--Real Genius
Skull
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 09:16:57 AM »

Speaking of VP picks and media collusion with the DNC, I have seen ONE reference to a Tim Kaine quote wherein he said Hillary should be held accountable for her crimes with the email server.

Now, I don't know if Kaine actually said this, as I cannot vet it independently of that one claim.  What I CAN say is that my own online searches for confirmation of this quote have turned up no independent confirmation.  It may well be a false claim or a misinterpretation of something he did say.

The point of bringing it up is this: MSM = ZERO Credibility

I have not trusted what I see in the MSM for a very long time. I sure has heck don't trust them to report something like this Kaine quote (if it happened). The absence of this quote from MSM sources means nothing.

What I have turned up in my searches for this quote is hundreds of 'repeat headlines' and identical copy from one source to another.  The swooning over the Kaine pick has every appearance of being scripted.  Like so many other MSM stories of the past 25 years.

The MSM sure has been "Selling" the Kaine VP pick to their readers/viewers.  My guess is most people claiming it's such a slick move had never even heard of Kaine before this weekend.

Sorry but I'm saving all my political vent on the other thread. can you copy pasted this on the other thread :)
ulthar

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2016, 09:37:08 AM »

Sorry but I'm saving all my political vent on the other thread. can you copy pasted this on the other thread :)

Thought it fit here since it was about the VP pick.  I'm going to wait a few days to see if that 'quote' circulates and can be verified.

And speaking of Hillary's VP pick, did ya'll see the story where she 'demanded' private account passwords and access to personal phones of all those in the running so she could vet 'em?  Not just the VP contenders, but their families as well.

So, these people wanted political power as Hillary's VP bad enough to sell our their family security to the very woman with an exposed track record of not securing ANYTHING?

Makes perfect sense.

--Real Genius
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2016, 10:56:27 AM »

The Michael Dukakis wannabe, Tim Kaine came home over the weekend.
The local press tried to compare him to Jesus.
No, really.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Vice-Presidential Nominees? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.