Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:31:30 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Goatbusters (2016) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Goatbusters (2016)  (Read 11516 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 23, 2016, 07:18:01 AM »

I've just seen the trailer for the remake of Ghostbusters and all I have to say is:

I cannot believe how bad this looks.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 08:10:17 AM »

It looks horrible.

And I'm a fan of Kate McKinnion and Kristen Wiig, but even then, horrible

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Skull
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 11:05:19 AM »

The trailer hurts my brain... Are we to assume that after part 2 the Ghostbuster's were screwed again... (I can accept it once but not twice)

*I would like it if we saw the original ghostbusters planing on retiring and they are looking for new recruits and Dr. Peter Venkman (who seemed like a sexist) hired only females for the job.*
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 11:22:09 AM »

I'm super disappointed, I thought Trevor was announcing the release of the Asylum parody GOATBUSTERS. I'd watch that!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 11:33:22 AM »

I didn't think Bridesmaids was that great. I don't think Wiig's style translates that well to big screen
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:51:24 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Skull
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 12:11:30 PM »

I'm super disappointed, I thought Trevor was announcing the release of the Asylum parody GOATBUSTERS. I'd watch that!

lol for a second I thought there was a movie called GoatBusters, too... And that's why I clicked on the thread... :(

I think Trevor needs to make us a movie called GoatBusters (or at least make a trailer)... :)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 05:46:18 PM »

The trailer hurts my brain... Are we to assume that after part 2 the Ghostbuster's were screwed again... (I can accept it once but not twice)

*I would like it if we saw the original ghostbusters planing on retiring and they are looking for new recruits and Dr. Peter Venkman (who seemed like a sexist) hired only females for the job.*
That's what the original plan was a bit ago. They were going to have a new franchise with younger actors with the original cast popping up in cameos.

New director said 'Nope. Originals didn't happen, New universe, doesn't exist.' But yet we get Slimer, the Ecto 1, and original actors in unrelated roles.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 06:25:09 PM »

the trailer is getting on for a million thumbs down on youtube  Buggedout

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 05:37:27 AM »

You're all just misogynistic cis white people!!

Seriously the circus around this garbage has been amazing.
There's a tidal wave of butt hurt feminists saying that if you don't like the
trailer it's just because you're sexist because of the female cast.
Even James Rolfe (AVGN) has been accused of misogyny for disliking the trailer.

I can't stand these social justice warriors, man. They abuse the term misogyny until it
loses its meaning, they treat disagreeing with them like you're triggering their PTSD (Which they don't have),
they treat people like s**t for being male or white, they advocate for "safe spaces" which is code for
"Places where you don't have to hear other people's opinions.", and the list goes on forever.

The majority of these creeps advocate for censorship. Manginas like Steve Shives and Wil Wheaton
will block you for disagreeing with them because they don't want a reasoned discussion, just immediate
capitulation. These people are so f**king absurd Jerry Seinfeld refuses to do shows on college campuses
anymore. JERRY SEINFELD! He's one of the least offensive comedians I know!

Oh, and then there's s**t like this:

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

That last video was a criticism of the Uhuru movement, which if you're
not familiar with them they demand white people give them reparations for
their slavery. Yes, because of my SKIN COLOR I owe this guy MONEY!

I mean, I could go on forever but my post would take up way too much room here.
Just try regularly watching YouTube videos by people like Sargon (Dude from the third video)
TL;DR, Armoured Skeptic and Bearing. These guys are way better at explaining this garbage them I am.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:57:28 PM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 09:02:02 AM »

The most disgusting thing about this whole flap to me is the fact that Sony, et al, has been deleting comments criticizing the movie on it's merits (the visual fx, the acting, the poorly written, cliche'd characters, the poor jokes) and leaving comments about "It's Four Womens!!!" to make it LOOK like the backlash is "sexism."

Most of the criticism I've seen in youtuber video commentary on the trailer (that is, ALL the criticism I've seen in youtuber video commentary on the trailer) has been on the merits of the film.  The "Sexism" claims are based on manufactured "evidence" - manufactured by deleting honest criticisms in the trailer's own comment sections.

Disgusting Progressive SJW lies, but there's nothing new with that.

Vox Day's Rules:

#1: SJW's always lie
#2: SJW's always double down
#3: SJW's always project

The flap + backlash about this movie demonstrates all three rules in one nice, tidy little microcosm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 09:25:31 AM »

shame on you all for having your own opinions! AJ, I am so offended by your hateful rhetoric that I will not eat anything for atleast 3 hours! its because of people like YOU that little children are being abused in ethiopia! its because of people like YOU that pandas arent reproducing in captivity! its because of people like YOU that the polar ice caps are melting! These are facts!

I read a book, so I know what Im talking about. Im going to protest by watching this movie with my eyes closed to show my support  for blind people. then, Im going to take a selfie in front of a dumpster to show my support for the homeless. with that being said; I drop the mike,(because its phalic shape is offensive).

exterminate all rational thought.....
Archivist

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 12:41:13 AM »

Man, I was hoping for an Asylum style movie called Goatbusters!  I was just imagining people in hazmat suits wielding vacuum cleaners, and goats going kablooey.  Disappointed.  TeddyR

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 12:58:36 AM »

I wonder if The Asylum would like that old screenplay I wrote in college, EXPLODING COWS FROM MARS?  Question

Moooo . . . . mooooo . . . moooooooooooooo . . . . . . . KABOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  hot

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 01:41:13 AM »

Sssshh: don't give them ideas!  Wink

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 01:42:21 AM »

lol for a second I thought there was a movie called GoatBusters, too... And that's why I clicked on the thread... :(

I think Trevor needs to make us a movie called GoatBusters (or at least make a trailer)... :)

TeddyR TeddyR

I think all the good bits - if there are any at all - are in the trailer.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Goatbusters (2016) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.