Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:23:18 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Melbourne International Film Festival 2016 (help me choose things to see) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Melbourne International Film Festival 2016 (help me choose things to see)  (Read 1752 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 07, 2016, 08:34:11 AM »

So its that great time of year again soon for MIFF when all manner of films drop for our annual Film Festival. Its a pretty good time and the program just launched. As usual I'll ask and see if there's anything anyone would recommend if you have a looksee. Some more well known highlights I've spotted so far after only a glance are below. Someone please give me suggestions! Since it's a film festival there's alot of obscurity and my ear hasn't been to the ground as much as usual.

The best starting point is the night shift which are the bats**t insane b-movie style films that we all love. http://miff.com.au/program/streams/night-shift

! No longer available Small | Large

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 10:43:10 AM »

I liked THE NEON DEMON, should have a full review of it up on 366 Weird Movies next week. Slow for a horror movie, but if you're into cinematography you'll want to check it out; it has some of the most beautiful shots I've seen this year.

I've heard good things about HIGH-RISE, MEN AND CHICKEN and THE LURE. BASKIN got good reviews but I don't personally know anyone who's seen it.

I'll be going to Fantasia Festival July 17-25 and a lot of the same movies are playing, I don't know which ones I'll see yet, though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 01:36:48 AM »

I knew you'd be on the case Rev.

Men and Chicken and the Lure are on my list, as is The Eyes of My Mother. I was also thinking of checking out Personal Shopper as I really enjoyed Assaya's Irma Vep many moons ago.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 10:27:30 AM »

Highly recommend THE LURE. EYES OF MY MOTHER is worth a look if you are prepared for a slow, somber, yet very gruesome serial killer character study.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Melbourne International Film Festival 2016 (help me choose things to see) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.