Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:49:48 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  MOVIES you HATE to LOVE ??? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MOVIES you HATE to LOVE ???  (Read 7163 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: August 06, 2016, 09:46:27 PM »

On TCM right now is A PLACE IN THE SUN (1951) a movie I strongly feel I don't want to look at.  It's great and lures you in with this promise of success and love and ELIZABETH TAYLOR when she was as beautiful as beautiful could be...  I kind of hate this movie. 
And and and SHELLEY WINTERS is so very annoying... WOW!! 

There must be other movies I hate to love... ?   

Question

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 06:08:44 PM »

Coming back again... this forum is day-ed...  TeddyR 

THE HEIRESS and ANNA KARENINA were both on last night (RALPH RICHARDSON day).  I like both of these movies, but do find them depressing, particularly that VIVIAN LEIGH version of ANNA KARENINA.   

akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 08:43:39 PM »

The Underworld movies.  They're just sooooo bad, in ways I normally despise.  Yet, somehow, I've enjoyed every, single one of the damn things.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 08:59:20 PM »

The Underworld movies.  They're just sooooo bad, in ways I normally despise.  Yet, somehow, I've enjoyed every, single one of the damn things.
I'm the same way with the Resident Evil movies.  Although I will argue that the first Resident Evil was actually a good movie.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 11:03:23 PM »

LASSIE COME HOME (1943) 
I love that dog and just about everything else works for me.  Except RODDY.  He's great as a talking chimpanzee person.  Otherwise, even as a child, UGH. 

BREELROYALTY
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 07:21:07 PM »

Showgirls, without a doubt. If we are going for movies I don't understand why I love them so much Mermaids is also on my list.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 10:09:05 PM »

LOVE STORY (1970) 

ARTHUR HILLER died today, which reminded me of this film which I hate to love (it's so contrived, badly acted, and the book is even dumber)...  This one always reminds me of my brother and sister-in-law who had then only recently fallen in love and ALI McGRAW looks a lot like my beautiful  sister-in-law... it was around that time, under 9 years of age (by far) I read that "filthy" book and even THEN thought was DUMB.  That book was probably in my family's house because of my sister-in-law.  I get weepy looking at this scene... I think of them. 

Small | Large

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 03:24:00 AM »

I had to chew on this for a while-
A SENSITIVE PASSIONATE MAN (1977)-a made for TV movie.
I saw this movie about 5 times-on network TV twice when it first time came out in 1977-and about 3 more times when they rerunned on Sunday afternoon when it was blizzarding outside on UHF channels.
It has David Jannsen as a real depressing drunk. I knew it was bad-just downright depressing-but I watched it 4 more times! It's like watching a slow motion car wreck.
Plus-it's got Angie Dickinson-who I would watch in anything!

Small | Large

« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 03:26:51 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 07:41:35 PM »

2 words. The Academy Award for Best Picture. Actually, that is 6 words, but?!  . . . of the 88 or so films so honored, I have seen 36 or 40.9% and not seen 52 or 59.1% Of those seen, I liked 18 or 50% and disliked 18 or 50%. I could have done just as well as choosing my likes and dislikes, by flipping a coin.

Though, that is only half the story. The last time I saw the film that won was in 2000, and the last time I saw a film that I liked was in 1984.

It just that the Academy and I have different tastes and interests.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 02:17:17 AM »

2 words. The Academy Award for Best Picture. Actually, that is 6 words, but?!  . . . of the 88 or so films so honored, I have seen 36 or 40.9% and not seen 52 or 59.1% Of those seen, I liked 18 or 50% and disliked 18 or 50%. I could have done just as well as choosing my likes and dislikes, by flipping a coin.

Though, that is only half the story. The last time I saw the film that won was in 2000, and the last time I saw a film that I liked was in 1984.

Never been a fan of the Academy stuff-it's mostly garbage. Judged by old men with too much money and power in Hollywood. It's meaningless-TITANIC is a joke-but good films-like the BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN are shunned-I was amazed that the killer psycho movie with Anthony Hopkins did so well-being a REAL classic like Hitch,s PSYCHO is an aclaimed classic-didnt even get nominated. I enjoyed SILENCE OF THE LAMBS-but it wasnt that great.I seen better. BABY JANE-ROSEMARY'S BABY,the EXORCIST,all great horror films.But they're horror films-so somehow they get put on the back burner. Horror films-good ones-can touch your emotions better than mainstream stuff-and if they're really good-move you and scare you-becuase if something really-REALLY scares you-than it grabbed you by the throat and said-"LOOK"! Thats a hard thing to do with art.
What was I talkin'about? Oh yeah-I like horror movies!  Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 12:59:02 PM »

Never been a fan of the Academy stuff-it's mostly garbage. Judged by old men with too much money and power in Hollywood. It's meaningless-TITANIC is a joke-
TITANIC might be an example of a movie I hate to love (yeh, yeh, I already love to hate it).  If it's on (and channel flipping reveals the usual dearth of watchable programs) I do then look at the thing.  I'm fascinated by that film's incredible BADNESS !!! 

but good films-like the BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN are shunned-I was amazed that the killer psycho movie with Anthony Hopkins did so well-being a REAL classic like Hitch,s PSYCHO is an aclaimed classic-didnt even get nominated. I enjoyed SILENCE OF THE LAMBS-but it wasnt that great.I seen better. BABY JANE-ROSEMARY'S BABY,the EXORCIST,all great horror films.But they're horror films-so somehow they get put on the back burner. Horror films-good ones-can touch your emotions better than mainstream stuff-and if they're really good-move you and scare you-becuase if something really-REALLY scares you-than it grabbed you by the throat and said-"LOOK"! Thats a hard thing to do with art.
What was I talkin'about? Oh yeah-I like horror movies!  Drink

Right on.  Mainstream American media were not prepared for a movie like THE EXORCIST in 1973.  SILENCE OF THE LAMBS (I agree, good but not the greatest) winning "Best Picture" nearly 20 years later is perhaps, in it's own way, making up (or catching up) with all those GREAT movies that were ignored just because they're HORROR.  I'd add one more to your list of GREAT HORROR ignored (but gobbled up by us consumers): THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 01:29:28 AM »

INSEMINOID (1981)

This is such a lame, half-assed, boring drip feeder of a movie but somehow I find myself coming back to it. It's not even really in my 'so bad it's good' territory, there's not enough charm or unintentional hilarity there. The tag line should've been "In Space, No one Can Hear You Yaaawwwnnn...'...and yet I still watch it every so often, like I'm partially trapped in its web of dullness.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 01:32:21 AM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
chuatnhat
New Visitor

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 09:18:11 PM »

Naked Soldier
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  MOVIES you HATE to LOVE ??? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.