Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:07:44 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Robotic Rectums Can Train Doctors to Better Probe Down There « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Robotic Rectums Can Train Doctors to Better Probe Down There  (Read 1612 times)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« on: August 26, 2016, 11:20:03 PM »

Science, y'all!

A new device could change rectal exams for the better. Designed at Imperial College London, a robotic rectum creates a more true-to-life training experience for young doctors and nurses, allowing more precise training, Science Alert reports.

Medical schools already use model butts to teach students rectal exam protocol, but this one provides a more accurate learning environment. The silicon rectum can be altered to mimic normal variations in anatomy as well as the feeling of a cancerous gland. Hooked up to a computer, the robotic butt visualizes what is happening within the rectum in a 3D model as the trainee is going through the exam.

They also noted that because these examinations are performed solely by feel, experiencing a realistic sensation is crucial, Granados said. To that end, in order to study the best trajectory and pressure a doctor should apply during an exam, Granados and his team are also going to deploy small fingertip pressure sensors that doctors can wear while examining patients, which will collect data about how experienced practitioners do their work.

The robotic training rectum will hopefully make it into medical schools one day, but they may be pricey—about $13,000. But perhaps that's a small price to pay for a generation of well-trained rectum probers.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 07:59:55 AM »

Trevor's rectum damn near killed 'um  Wink

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 08:03:28 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 10:48:23 AM »

If machines took over the world, my insurance still wouldn't cover it...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 03:48:15 PM »

And now researchers at the same college are working to make a robotic version of a woman's area;

Although an influential health panel recently suggested healthy women may not need a full pelvic exam every single year, many doctors still see the annual exam as a critical opportunity to look for cancers, cysts, fibroids and more. Now, researchers at Imperial College London are creating a robotic female pelvis which would allow medical students to learn to “see” the female body by feel, so they’ll be more prepared when they encounter a live human being with her feet in stirrups.

If these researchers succeed, their funny-looking silicone recreation of the lower female torso could help new doctors get better—faster—at conducting the most intimate exam most women regularly face. It could also ensure that these doctors’ first exams are more comfortable for the women on the receiving end. The team’s project involves 3D imaging as well as haptic technology to simulate the sense of touch—a suitably complex project to simulate a complex facet of the human anatomy.

Now they just need to merge the two parts together then doctors can learn...uh...never mind...

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
AoTFan

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 12:08:43 AM »

And now researchers at the same college are working to make a robotic version of a woman's area;

Although an influential health panel recently suggested healthy women may not need a full pelvic exam every single year, many doctors still see the annual exam as a critical opportunity to look for cancers, cysts, fibroids and more.

And of course, there's a (hopefully small) percentage that are just plain pervs and want to an excuse to see women's naughty bits.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:01:21 AM by AoTFan » Logged
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Robotic Rectums Can Train Doctors to Better Probe Down There « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.