Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:29:07 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need Help Identifying a Monster « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need Help Identifying a Monster  (Read 4206 times)
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« on: August 29, 2016, 11:48:57 AM »

Hey guys, I know this is complete wackadoo coming from me, but I'm stumped as into what this monster is:

Yes, I know, it's quite blurry. Sorry about that.

I found the image on a different website that had someone else trying to identify this character as well but to no avail, and now I've become obsessed with finding this character. I'm still trying to figure out where the original uploader of the image found it to hopefully shed light on this mystery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 12:56:51 PM »

Have you eliminated Godzilla and Gorgo?

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 01:00:20 PM »

Questions: Asian? Only monster in film? Methods used against it?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Skull
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 01:48:16 PM »

Looks like the monster in this poster.

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 03:53:38 PM »

I did manage to uncover additional information on where this image originated from:

The following was not written by me:

"The original image that started this thread appeared in an episode of Star Trek: Voyager called "Future's End". The characters time-travel to the year 1996 and pick up several media transmissions, and this is one of them."

So I guess the question now is, did this monster actually debut in a film or was it a cameo costume made just for Star Trek? I remain unsure, but that's what I'm hoping we can find out.

Have you eliminated Godzilla and Gorgo?

I can confirm that it isn't Gorgo, and I don't believe that it is Godzilla or any of the monsters that appear in his films however I remain uncertain.

Questions: Asian? Only monster in film? Methods used against it?

Not sure, the original poster was not specific as into where they found the image or with any details about its origin.

Looks like the monster in this poster.

It does have a fair resemblance in the poster, but the monster "Baragon"'s costume in the movie doesn't appear to be a match.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
VenomX73

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 05:42:37 PM »

I'm stumped too

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 06:59:12 PM »

Hmm, the headpiece looks an awful lot like the Gorn from that old Trek episode.  Since it was on Trek, it may be something that was filmed just for the episode, as an in-joke.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Skull
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 10:17:15 AM »

The picture seemed thinned. After looking at the voyager trivia I'm going to assumed this is from Godzilla 1985 since the buildings seemed similar and the mouth looks like Godzilla. The stuff on top his head does add confusing. is there a clip of this scene? Maybe the clip can give a better idea of the scene.

I don't think the scene was something they made and added to the story because of budget and this was a TV show.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 10:35:51 AM »

It kind of looks like Godzilla as others have said. If it isn't Godzilla I haven't got a clue.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 10:41:59 PM »

The picture seemed thinned. After looking at the voyager trivia I'm going to assumed this is from Godzilla 1985 since the buildings seemed similar and the mouth looks like Godzilla. The stuff on top his head does add confusing. is there a clip of this scene? Maybe the clip can give a better idea of the scene.

I don't think the scene was something they made and added to the story because of budget and this was a TV show.

Yeah, I agree that the mouth and body does resemble Godzilla, but I noticed that the eyes are too small and are in the wrong place (although, it could be thinned, like you said). But the most confusing parts are the strange eyebrow-like features and the small horn-like protrusions coming from its head. It looks a lot like something out of the "showa" era, which doesn't help much since there's a lot of kaiju from that era.

As for finding the clip in the episode, I was unable to find it, but some websites supposedly had the full episode, but I decided not to look into it in case if it was sketchy.

Skull
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 10:11:57 AM »

I think I've looked at hundreds of godzilla images and gifs and so far the only similar scene I can see is:

Destroy all Monsters (1968)

The buildings are white, Godzilla's head is higher and the sky is cloudy.

It could be a stock footage of Godzilla, therefore we might never find out what movie he's in.

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 03:52:07 PM »

I think I've looked at hundreds of godzilla images and gifs and so far the only similar scene I can see is:

Destroy all Monsters (1968)

The buildings are white, Godzilla's head is higher and the sky is cloudy.

It could be a stock footage of Godzilla, therefore we might never find out what movie he's in.

Well, I originally found the image on what used to be the Godzilla Wikia's talk page about someone wondering the same thing. So, I would assume that since it's the Godzilla wikia that the respondents would have caught on right away if it was Godzilla or a character in a Godzilla movie.

I found a wiki article which is apparently where the image came from. The article's really vague and the author probably doesn't know where the monster came from either, saying that it looks similar to Godzilla.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Mutant_lizard_movie

Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 11:16:54 AM »

From certain angles, the creature called Yongary, Monster From the Deep(1967) is seen in pictures seemingly with it's horn not visible..could this be the same creature?

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 11:33:31 AM »

From certain angles, the creature called Yongary, Monster From the Deep(1967) is seen in pictures seemingly with it's horn not visible..could this be the same creature?

Maybe, it's hard to say. The monster that I think has the most resemblance is Agon from Agon the Atomic Dragon, which was also modified into the monster "Aron" for the show Ambassador Magma AKA The Space Giants.

But even here, you can see that the monster's head is way too high and the arms and body are the wrong proportions. It's mostly the head design that I find to be similar.

What I'm thinking now is that it could've been an old commercial featuring their own monster, but I haven't found any matching that image yet.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 11:35:47 AM by Gene Worm » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2016, 03:24:10 AM »

Who knows? It could be from an old Ultron or any Japanese TV show.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need Help Identifying a Monster « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.