Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:18:36 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I f***** up at work today. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I f***** up at work today.  (Read 2400 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 21, 2016, 09:30:54 PM »

A lady asked me for my opinion about one of the nearby car shops.  All of our dealings with them have been negative and a bunch of random people have come to us and complained about their prices and work.  So, I told the lady I wouldn't go there.  Well, she drove right to them and told them what I said.  (Why?)  The manager of that shop called and complained to my manager and my manager's boss.  I'll see what happens tomorrow, I guess.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 09:52:25 PM »

Do they have some sort of contract with each other? Agreement with the same insurance agent, maybe?

That's one of the reasons I stuck to factories & ware houses as long as I could. I just can't deal with service.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
dean

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 10:11:32 PM »

I don't understand how that counts as you messing up unless its a company policy to recommend bad businesses? Are you linked to them somehow? I don't understand what that lady was doing though, unless she had already gone there and was trying to find other people who agreed with her in order to complain further [ie I want to complain about how terrible you are and even the guys at X agree]

Basic counterargument: Our company prides itself on good customer service and given the amount of people who have complained about this company in the past it would actually damage our company further since we recommended such a terrible place. Sure you can be diplomatic, but people generally prefer honest feedback as a customer.

Short answer; if the other company was good at their jobs, they wouldn't get complaints and you'd have no problem sending people there. It's not like you told it to her unsolicited. The fact that they rang and complained tells you all you need to know about where their priorities are at.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 07:55:32 AM »

Given the facts as you laid them out, I wouldn't say you f**ked up, I would say you were f**ked over.

Just stick by your guns. You were asked for an opinion by a co-worker and you gave your honest thoughts. If your employer thinks that's a negative, you have bad management. The lady who "ratted" on you should be the one who gets in trouble, if anyone does.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 08:29:48 PM »

I haven't heard anything else about it so, I guess my DM either didn't care or ... ?

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I f***** up at work today. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.