Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:55:25 AM
714149 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A Serious Topic for my Blog Tonight . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A Serious Topic for my Blog Tonight . . .  (Read 7672 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: September 13, 2016, 10:36:40 PM »

This week's blog post - my response to all the conspiracy theory memes about 9/11.  The title is simple:  "Dear Lord, Make It Stop . . . Please?"  As always, feel free to read and comment!

http://lewisliterarylair.blogspot.com/

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 01:35:04 AM »

This week's blog post - my response to all the conspiracy theory memes about 9/11.  The title is simple:  "Dear Lord, Make It Stop . . . Please?"  As always, feel free to read and comment!

http://lewisliterarylair.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Indy.

Every year since 2002 I dread my birthday, not because I'm getting older but because of the horror that was inflicted on a country and peeps I like on that day and the images are still vivid in my mind. I remember being angry at Bush 43 for sitting on his rear end and doing nothing while innocents were dying and I remember being angry at Muslims in general perverting a cause in the name of their prophet.

And don't get me started on the Truthers!

My life was never the same again after 9/11/2001 and it never will be.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Skull
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 08:36:02 AM »

9/11 was a tragic event. As for conspiracies... People are still cooking conspiracies theories for the JKF assassination, Roswell, Paul McCartney died in the 1960's. It's never going to end.

My feelings about 9/11 is an act of war caused by Saudi Arabia but the current government refuse to fight because it's not good business.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 04:36:28 PM »

I can believe there was a second gunman on the grassy knoll - I mean, how many people had to know?  Theoretically, as few as two or three. No more than a dozen, at most.

But something the scope of 9/11 - it's a cast of thousands.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 06:54:48 PM »

9/11 was a tragic event. As for conspiracies... People are still cooking conspiracies theories for the JKF assassination, Roswell, Paul McCartney died in the 1960's. It's never going to end.

My feelings about 9/11 is an act of war caused by Saudi Arabia but the current government refuse to fight because it's not good business.

Every once in a while the crazies get it right: Paul McCartney died in a car wreck and was replaced by a double. Truth is stranger than fiction.

The Beatles were deeply compromised early on by British intelligence through setups with women and sting operations with drugs, Brian Epstein's homosexuality also came ready-made for exploitation, and collectively the Beatles and the group's management could have faced severe penalties if prosecuted for everything from possession of controlled substances, to statutory rape, to homosexual offenses, and as well facing the simple humiliation of some of the covert films and still pictures that were taken of them as they went through the drug and sex-heavy life of rock stars: still something of a novelty in that era.

This was and is standard operating procedure in intelligence circles, the lifeblood of which is blackmail and coercion, plain and simple. If someone in entertainment, politics, business, sports, can be of use, or if their family members can be of use, you do your best to put them in a position to be useful, should the need ever arise. You set a Senator up with a woman or a man, deviant activity being best, take pictures, send a low-level operative to apologetically return the pictures to the Senator, explaining the Senator was in no way the intended target, the Senator happened into an operation that was being conducted, the Senator may absolutely rely on the discretion of the agency, and....for the rest of his career the Senator knows what someone has on him. Goes on non-stop in this world. Compared to a paranoid politicians getting the goods on the free love Beatles must've been like shooting fish in a barrel.   

As a result the Beatles had scant choice but to agree to be deeply infiltrated by MI6 and provided the perfect cover, with SIS operatives traveling internationally among the band and subsequently setting outsiders deep into the countercultural movement, thereby it making it easier to identify leftist-sympathizers who made attractive recruits for Soviet and East Bloc nations, to ferret out potentially violent revolutionaires, and in general to keep tabs on all concerned.

With the Beatles as the ultimate duck blind, it was almost too easy to learn whatever they wanted about persons within the counterculture, which was greatly feared by the establishment, similarly to how anarchists were in their own day.

And then Paul gets himself killed by driving recklessly and high. Like MI6 was going to let that opportunity dry up?

Enter "Faul" McCartney, a look-alike, no one much noticed, those who did were not in a position to speak out.

As I understand it the SIS then planted an insane-sounding "Paul is Dead" story through unimportant radio stations, largely in America, backed it up with pop culture clues so silly as to be laughed at, and by so doing discredited their own leak, and voila, fake McCartney, the Beatles halt concerts, a little time passes, and anyone trying to say Paul died and the man now claiming to be McCartney was an impostor was made to look ready-made for the tin foil legion. The duck blind stayed viable a few more years.

(Ever notice Mick Jagger traveled the world and never paid taxes? Celebrity entourages make excellent cover because so many people want to get close to them.)

So ANYWAY, the dude who married Linda and played in Wings, who did Oprah and who contributes to Green parties worldwide ain't the mop-top from Beatlemania. Scratch the surface, and look into it. The cover-up was so shaky it's a wonder it ever held at all.

Shrug.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 07:54:18 PM »

^haha wtf Wings wrote brilliant songs that are clearly by the same person who wrote Beatles songs. Mcartney is one of the greatest songwriters of all time and it extends to things he records to this day. and he performs in the same manner.

Anyway, I'll say this about 9/11 conspiracy theories: our government did prior to 9/11 know and still does know events like this are possible. I remember listening to Howard Stern on 9/11 and him saying "we knew something like this was gonna happen".

There had been an attempted millenium bombing that was miraculously broken up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_millennium_attack_plots

and of course the USS Cole.

Our government did make an ostentatious lack of effort on either the foreign policy front ( we used to have a BASE in Saudi Arabia. wisely after 9/11 they closed it) or in terms of what we now know as homeland security.

It's not the same as saying they made it happen or even they let it happen but...

another example: my stepmother worked in tower 2 and got out alive. She and others in her office were taken to a warehouse or sorts that had been set up after the 93 attack (which she also lived through).

You can't help but ask why, if they thought enough to plan on this warehouse place for the possibility of a follow up, were they not pursuing prevention in other areas? Clearly they knew it was a possibility. thats pretty lame isn't it. we couldn't stop them from knocking your building down but we set up this...room like gee thanks

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:56:48 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 08:34:42 PM »

As human beings, we try to look for logical explanations for things that occur, cause and effect, action, reaction.  The problem comes is that life is often so random and chaotic that too many things happen without any apparent rhyme or reason.  As Mark Twain once said, "The difference between fiction and real life is that fiction has to make sense."  This, of course, goes against our need for everything to be wrapped up in neat, tiny boxes.  So, when something inexplicable or tragic happens, people want to look for some explanation that either a) makes sense to them or b) fits more in line with their world views.

After all, we don't want to believe, for example, that one loser ex-Marine could kill the President, so, obviously he had to have help.   And of course, nearly every celebrity who has tragically died young has to have some elaborate explanation behind it.  For instance Kurt Cobain didn't kill himself, he was murdered.  Ditto with Marilyn Monroe.  Bruce Lee taken down by an allergy?  No way, had to be a Chinese Mafia hit.  Oh, and Jimmy Hendrix didn't OD, his manager killed him; Elvis faked his own death because... reasons, and I've even had people try to tell me that Chris Benoit was framed.  Name any celeb who died young and you'll probably a conspiracy theory behind it.  (And for us regular folk, whenever we die "mysteriously" well, no one really cares, so we don't get elaborate alternative scenarios to explain our deaths.)  
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 10:40:53 PM by AoTFan » Logged
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 04:48:12 AM »

As always, B-movies leads the way:

Super Mario Bros the movie predicted 9/11

! No longer available Small | Large

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 06:34:08 AM »

^haha wtf Wings wrote brilliant songs that are clearly by the same person who wrote Beatles songs. Mcartney is one of the greatest songwriters of all time and it extends to things he records to this day. and he performs in the same manner.

Anyway, I'll say this about 9/11 conspiracy theories: our government did prior to 9/11 know and still does know events like this are possible. I remember listening to Howard Stern on 9/11 and him saying "we knew something like this was gonna happen".

There had been an attempted millenium bombing that was miraculously broken up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_millennium_attack_plots

and of course the USS Cole.

Our government did make an ostentatious lack of effort on either the foreign policy front ( we used to have a BASE in Saudi Arabia. wisely after 9/11 they closed it) or in terms of what we now know as homeland security.

It's not the same as saying they made it happen or even they let it happen but...

another example: my stepmother worked in tower 2 and got out alive. She and others in her office were taken to a warehouse or sorts that had been set up after the 93 attack (which she also lived through).

You can't help but ask why, if they thought enough to plan on this warehouse place for the possibility of a follow up, were they not pursuing prevention in other areas? Clearly they knew it was a possibility. thats pretty lame isn't it. we couldn't stop them from knocking your building down but we set up this...room like gee thanks

I would compare that to Pearl Harbor:  Roosevelt knew an attack of some sort was coming and warned the troops on the ground - but he was NOT expecting an air attack, more like a large-scale sabotage operation.  Same way with the Towers: we knew they would be hit again after 1993, but no one expected they'd be hit with jumbo jets.

Skull
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 10:37:40 AM »

I would compare that to Pearl Harbor:  Roosevelt knew an attack of some sort was coming and warned the troops on the ground - but he was NOT expecting an air attack, more like a large-scale sabotage operation.  Same way with the Towers: we knew they would be hit again after 1993, but no one expected they'd be hit with jumbo jets.

I'm not sure about Roosevelt. US Ships were attacked by German U-boats and the FBI found a Nazi spy network - way before Pearl Harbor. Oddly, with all that aggression from Germany, Roosevelt decided to move his fleet of ships to Hawaii in early 1941 and later in July, the US ceased oil exports to Japan. So I do think (strongly believe) Roosevelt wanted to go to war with Japan and was pushing Japan.

Please note: after Pearl Harbor, FDR speech was a declaration of war against Japan (only Japan!). On December 11, Germany and Italy declared war on the USA; than Congress issued a declaration of war against Germany and Italy later that same day.  I don't think FDR wanted to go to war in Europe. (Why? another topic I guess)

As for 9/11... well when we sit down and think about it, yeah this sort of thing was bound to happen. But we had no evidence that such a massive suicide attack was possible because it never happen before. And since the 1960's a Muslim hijacker would take the craft to a middle eastern nation and ransom the hostages.  On the other hand, American military did experience attacks from Kamikaze Pilots in WW2 so it's hard to believe that nobody was prepared for this type of an attack. And this is why we got so many conspiracy theories. The truth is, the 9/11 was made possible because of Bill Clinton's policies and Bush made no effort in changing them until after the 9/11 attack. (I know this should go to the *famous and annoying thread* but this is why Hillary Clinton should never be president.)

« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 10:39:56 AM by Skull » Logged
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 04:40:53 PM »

Actually, the Pacific Fleet was always stationed at Pearl.
FDR desperately wanted to get the USA in the war against Hitler - hence all his aid to the British - but public opinion just wasn't there.  He was going to try to make the case after declaring war on Japan, but then Hitler declared war and saved him the trouble.

Two excellent books: THE NEW DEALER'S WAR: FDR AND THE WAR WITHIN WORLD WAR II by Thomas Fleming (he REALLY takes a wrecking ball to FDR's reputation as a war leader) and PEARL HARBOR: THE FINAL CHAPTER, written by the officer who led the investigation into the attacks during the war and interviewed all the principals, but didn't publish his book until 50 years later.  I may not have the title right; that one's in my library at school.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 05:24:37 PM »

Roosevelt knew an attack of some sort was coming

that's pretty sinister I mean his whole job is to protect the life and livelihood of Americans and hes deliberately putting them in danger. To do what: help communist China?
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 07:14:32 PM »

He knew that the Japanese were not going to pull out of China, and intercepted radio traffic indicated that they were planning some sort of attack.  Remember, China at that time was not Communist but under the rule of a Nationalist government that was a close ally of the USA.  Japan brutally invaded them in 1937 and killed over 300,000 civilians in the Rape of Nanking.  FDR believed that the survival of Western Civilization depended on the defeat of the fascist powers, and was trying to turn public opinion in the direction of intervention without much success.

To his credit, he did send several warnings to Pearl Harbor, including one on the night before the attack marked WAR WARNING: URGENT that the two base commanders ignored.  But no one believed the Japanese capable of staging an air raid of that magnitude 4000 miles from their home islands.   One inside source later said: "FDR expected to get hit but not to get hurt."

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 07:18:28 PM »

a cynic might say he wanted to grow the state via military, couldn't convince any Americans to embrace empire and so he decided to force Japan's hand
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 10:41:25 PM »

A patriot might say he saved the world from fascist domination.   TeddyR

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A Serious Topic for my Blog Tonight . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.