Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:46:38 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  New MacGyver series on the way. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New MacGyver series on the way.  (Read 5997 times)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« on: March 21, 2016, 05:17:56 PM »

Isn't this sacrilege though?

In the ’80s, action television shows were everything. From Magnum, P.I. and his sweet-ass Ferrari to The A-Team and their inability to hit anything with their machine guns, it seemed like the viewing public just couldn’t get enough of primetime explosions and car chases. One of the coolest of these shows was MacGyver, the series which proved that all anyone needed to be a badass hero was a mullet and access to chewing gum, twine, and a BIC pen. CBS is bringing back the series, which debuted in 1985, and has cast an X-Man as the title character.

Lucas Till, who portrayed Alex Summers, a.k.a. Havok, in X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days of Future Past, and the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse, will take on the role of Angus MacGyver for the network’s reimagining of the classic series, Deadline reports. The pilot, written by Paul Downs Colaizzo and Brett Mahoney and directed by David Von Ancken, has also cast Joshua Boone as Hunter, MacGyver’s best friend from high school.

The new MacGyver series will — you probably guessed it — be a prequel of sorts to the original show. 25-year-old Till will portray the problem-solver as he’s recruited into the show’s clandestine organization for his ability to prevent bad things from happening by using only household objects and rudimentary science and physics. (Okay, some of it was pretty advanced. College level.)

One thing that is yet to be seen is whether Till’s version of the character will maintain Richard Dean Anderson‘s trademark hockey hair that he sported through most of the series’ seven-season run. But, if you saw the Canadian horror movie Wolves (pictured above), you’ll know how well Till can rock a ridiculous coif.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 04:44:47 PM »

A handsome young man, who seems to have had a fairly successful career as an actor. Born in 1990, he has been in show business since he was about 13. Though, I have yet to see any of his performances. The show would have to be a prequel, as he looks much too young to portray the same aged character as Richard Dean Anderson, when he portrayed that character. While I am familiar with the "old" "MacGyver," it was not a show that I watched that frequently. Thus, this is a show that I am also unlikely to watch with any great regularity. The most interesting question I have is since Richard Dean Anderson is still alive, is he going to play any part in this version?
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 01:27:19 AM »

I hope this show bomb it will never be just like or better than the original MacGyver. Hatred
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 10:02:23 PM »

Here's the trailer for the new show...

Small | Large

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 02:29:46 PM »

Did anybody catch the last new MacGuyver?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-vTTRRIBuk
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 04:07:59 PM »

Did anybody catch the last new MacGuyver?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-vTTRRIBuk

I'm afraid not, but . . . who wears purple pants?!
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 05:25:26 PM »

I never seen it but looking at the commercials it sucks never ever be as great as the original MacGyver.
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 08:18:58 AM »

Saw the first episode...couldn't stand it.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 07:28:41 PM »

Saw the first episode...couldn't stand it.

So it is just like the original MacGyver!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist! No offense to MacGyver fans).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Neville

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 11:17:21 AM »

Hated the pilot and the first episodes, but things got better with every new episode. Didn't like the last one, though. They re-introduced Murdoc as a moron that wouldn't stop talking, specially about how great MacGyver is. Are they turning them into lovers this time around?

Just kidding. Or not.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  New MacGyver series on the way. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.