Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:34:56 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, apparently Marvel is killing off the X-Men... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So, apparently Marvel is killing off the X-Men...  (Read 1837 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 09, 2016, 12:28:56 AM »

I hadn't really been following up on all the comics news, although I have been buying a lot of older issues of late (see my thread about the closing of Hastings), buuut from what I understand, basically Marvel is killing off the X-Men, they're most wildly successful franchise.  Or at least, that's what the rumors are saying, and from what research (however minute) I've done, it's hard to disagree with them.  

Basically it boils done to this... when they were in financial dire straights, Marvel sold off a lot of the movie rights to their characters, including anything with the word "mutant" in it (that's why Pietro and Wanda are never referred to as mutants in the Avengers film, but that's a whole 'nother subject.)  Now, currently, since Disney bought Marvel, and they (Disney) do not have a very good relationship with Fox studios, things have been very dicey.  This is why, I'm told, Marvel pretty much cancelled Fantastic Four.

Oh, you didn't hear about that?  Yeah, I didn't either, but if you follow comics much, you probably did.  Basically, they did a final Fantastic 4 vs Doctor Doom story, and in the end the team got split up permanently.  

Well, now in the comics there's this thing called the terrigen mist, that's some kind of deadly cloud/chemical that turns regular folk into Inhumans, but it STERILIZES and eventually kills mutants.  So, it looks like they're either going for a "kill off the mutants" or "transform them into Inhumans" story line.

Not fully sure how to articulate how I feel, this video below summaries the situation and kind of captures about it.  The whole situation kind of bums me out.

Anyway, you can learn more about it by watching this..

https://youtu.be/X8KN-r9svlc Small | Large
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 03:52:34 PM by AoTFan » Logged
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 10:55:16 AM »

I dont keep up with any current comics. Every time i check out  something new from marvel i find myself saying "...the hell?".  Im not surprised about xmen, marvel is constantly trying to reinvent and repackage its heroes. I understand that the comic industry isnt what it used to be. Makes me sad sometimes, ill just have to keep collecting back issues.

exterminate all rational thought.....
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 12:31:16 PM »

Well, I think a lot of comic book nerds would be glad to see the X-Men back with Marvel, which is owned by the Walt Disney Company. Maybe, because unlike the other studios, Disney seems to let Marvel do its own thing, which seems to be working so far. As for Fox letting go of the X-Men, that might not be happening soon, as while the latest X-Men film, this year's X-Men Apocalypse, did not perform as well as the previous films in the series, it is still the best performing Marvel series out side of those shepherded by Disney.

As for the X-Men becoming In humans, we may see them again or maybe not. There was suppose to be an In human film in Marvel's phase III, which meant 2018 or 2019, with a rumored Vin Diesel as Black Bolt, but . . .?! that now looks like any In human film will be pushed back to Marvel's phase IV sometime in 2020 or thereafter. Not only because it is regarded as Marvel's riskiest bet yet, but . . .?! because Marvel has a full slate of films scheduled for the rest of phase III.

Black Panther
Avengers : Infinity War, part I

Captain Marvel w/ Brie Larson as the Carol Danvers version of Captain Marvel.
Avengers : Infinity War, part II.

What makes this Captain Marvel somewhat unique is not that there again there will be 2 directors, which seems to work well for Marvel, but . . .?! that both directors are women: Niki Caro and Elizabeth Wood.

And not that Marvel is complaining yet about being owned by the Walt Disney Company. Not the least because the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney's California Adventure is being rehabbed into the Collector's Fortress from Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. And there has always been the rumor out there, that when Disneyland gets another parking garage, which is in the plans to be built, it'll also start a 3rd theme park. And it, at this moment, would make sense for it to have, at least in part, a Marvel theme.

And we will see what we will see!

A couple of addendum.

1st. It is business decisions, like the director or directors, is why the Walt Disney Company has morphed into the largest entertainment company the world has ever seen. Not bad for a company that began with 2 brothers making silent, black-and-white cartoons in their uncle's garage in L.A.

2nd. I'll have more on the 2-part "Avengers : Infinity War" later.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:06:48 PM by BoyScoutKevin » Logged
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, apparently Marvel is killing off the X-Men... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.