Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:29:20 PM
714191 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, I'm learning Python! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Well, I'm learning Python!  (Read 1810 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 09, 2016, 12:32:36 AM »

Taking a course for it later this month from a local business group that's offering the course for FREE.  They also said they're going to be working with local business groups to help those who do well match up with jobs, so who knows?

Anyway, been doing some "pre class" assignments, and been studying the language.  I've had some programming before, I did Turbo Pascal when I was FIRST in college, some Java the second time in college (circa 2005), and a little of Visual Basic.  As with a lot of programming, I pick up the concepts usually pretty easy, but often get tripped up with formatting rules and such.  

So, anyone hear here a programmer?  Be cool to "talk shop" with ya.  :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 06:24:43 PM by AoTFan » Logged
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 06:55:22 AM »

Gee, I've been learning Python since the 1980s. Monty Python, that is.  Twirling

I haven't done any actual programming since BASIC died out. I was pretty good with that, but I never branched out into other programing languages. I regret that a bit. Good luck with it.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 01:11:23 PM »

I had a semester of HTML, Visual Basic, Visual C++ in undergrad.  Along with some exposure to Java.  Some of it stuck. 

I've taught myself a little bit of UNIX/Linux shell scripting, just enough to be dangerous. 

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
AoTFan

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 06:28:24 PM »

I had a semester of HTML, Visual Basic, Visual C++ in undergrad.  Along with some exposure to Java.  Some of it stuck. 

I've taught myself a little bit of UNIX/Linux shell scripting, just enough to be dangerous. 

Oh yeah, forgot about HTML, did some of that in my Web Design class as well.  :)

I gotta say, to me, the easiest of all the ones I've done is Visual Basic. From what (and considering it was only a semester, probably very little) I did with it, you basically start out putting something together visually, then you jump "behind the scenes" to make it work how you want to.  To me that was just far easier to conceptualize and grasp then say, Java, where it's do a flow chart, put in one line of code at a time, watch as your program not work, spend an hour just finally realize you put a damn colon in the wrong place, repeat. 

Problem is though, I'm not really sure if there's ultimately that much you can do with VB....

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, I'm learning Python! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.