Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:36:51 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FRANKENSTEIN films « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FRANKENSTEIN films  (Read 3576 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: October 11, 2016, 11:47:25 PM »

TCM has been showing them, but they've just about run out of good ones...  Thumbup Smile  
Missed most of this the other night, it was on, right in the middle...  TeddyR  
FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN (1943)  

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:37:21 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 05:09:59 AM »

I been watching them all.  Smile  Thumbup Even the worst are better than the s**t we see on TV now.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »

I just watched Frankenstein Created Woman. Easily the worst Hammer horror I've seen.  It's watchable but seems to have no arc, no point, and then it just sort of ends. Terrible film.
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 02:28:59 AM »

Lady Frankenstein(1971)....one of the best B movies of the Frankenstein legend...

Small | Large
TheBrain49
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 12:47:51 AM »

I recently watched one called "Frankenstein: The True Story". I can't post links, but a Google search will find it on YouTube. It was a made-for-TV 2 parter that comes out to a little over 3 hours. It has some well known English actors from the 60's and 70's.
claws
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 05:27:05 AM »

I just watched Victor Frankenstein (2015) the other day. Despite being one of the biggest box office bombs of 2015, the film wasn't actually bad. There's only so much one can do with the story of Frankenstein, and VF at least tried to breath some fresh air into the classic tale. I thought it was great they didn't go with the overstyled cgi/dark/comic/superhero-ish plot/setting and visuals like I, Frankenstein, Priest and the Underworld franchise. VF feels modern and old school, has likeable characters and is at times intentionally amusing. Recommended.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 05:36:06 AM »

I recently watched one called "Frankenstein: The True Story". I can't post links, but a Google search will find it on YouTube. It was a made-for-TV 2 parter that comes out to a little over 3 hours. It has some well known English actors from the 60's and 70's.

I saw that on TV back in the early 70's!

Easily one of the worst is FRANKENSTEIN ISLAND (1981)-

Small | Large

I just watched Victor Frankenstein (2015) the other day. Despite being one of the biggest box office bombs of 2015, the film wasn't actually bad. There's only so much one can do with the story of Frankenstein, and VF at least tried to breath some fresh air into the classic tale. I thought it was great they didn't go with the overstyled cgi/dark/comic/superhero-ish plot/setting and visuals like I, Frankenstein, Priest and the Underworld franchise. VF feels modern and old school, has likeable characters and is at times intentionally amusing. Recommended.

I agree on I,FRANKENSTEIN...awful!  Making the monster a buff superhero was a bad idea all around.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
dean

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 05:46:25 AM »

I made a lesson on Frankenstein films for a bunch of 15 year olds a while back. Had to resist the urge to throw Frankenhooker in there.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 09:59:57 AM »

Hard to top this one though...

FRANKENSTEIN CONQUERS THE WORLD(1965)

Small | Large

VenomX73

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 11:46:43 AM »

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)
Small | Large

Young Frankenstein (1974)
Small | Large

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
major jay

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 04:26:48 PM »

As a kid I remember being so excited to see FRANKENSTEIN 1970. It had Karloff as the mad scientist. Sadly it turned out to be a total borefest.

Small | Large

Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 04:52:01 PM »

A lot of Hammer fans knock this one, but I happen to love it:

EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN(1964)

Small | Large

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 11:28:35 PM »

The first two HAMMER films were on tonight, as expected.  I plan to stay up to watch GOKE: BODY SNATCHER FROM HELL... why don't they show these cool films earlier??? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 09:42:37 PM »

The first two HAMMER films were on tonight, as expected.  I plan to stay up to watch GOKE: BODY SNATCHER FROM HELL... why don't they show these cool films earlier??? 
I don't know.  There's a certain appeal to watching those types of movies on the So-Late-It's_Early Show. 

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FRANKENSTEIN films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.