Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:13:27 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Trying to find a couple horror anthologies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trying to find a couple horror anthologies  (Read 4885 times)
Tubbz77
New Visitor

« on: October 14, 2016, 12:32:54 AM »

So here I go...... so I used to watch a lot of tv as a kid and would always come across horror movies late at night. There are two particular horror shorts that I remember watching but yet figure out where they came from. So the first description I can remember I believe is from a horror anthology. In the story a man is a criminal and is escaping from I think the cops. He escapes into a swamp area and is wounded. A hermit comes across him( I believe African American) and revives him some how. As the story goes along I believe the criminal finds out he knows the secret to eternal life. In the end of the story he betrays the hermit but is caught and the hermit tells him he gave him eternal life, ties him down and chops off his limbs. The criminal ends up in the hospital as a parapalegic. The second short I can some what remember are only a few scenes. I believe is also part of a horror anthology. First scene I remember is a kid looking out the window and has these special binoculars and can see x ray vision. He ends up seeing a man with a different kinda heart and thinks he's a monster or a vampire, I can't remember. The others scene they end up killing him and cutting out his heart and the kid was right he was a monster. Well that's all......help
316zombie
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 11:56:20 PM »

i think the first scenario is from tales from the hood? second one seems familiar, i'll see if i can find it...
Tubbz77
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 08:46:10 PM »

Bluesad Wish it was tales from the hood, love that movie, but thats not it. The movie was set in the 80's or 70's or possibly the early  90's.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 06:23:46 PM »

Bluesad Wish it was tales from the hood, love that movie, but thats not it. The movie was set in the 80's or 70's or possibly the early  90's.

You are correct. At first I thought it was "Tales from the Hood," too, but . . .?! as you said it's not. The darn thing is I think I've seen it, as well, but . . .?! I just can't remember the title of the anthology. Though, I am thinking it might not be a film anthology as such, but . . .?! one of those TV anthologies made for TV, and good luck in your search.
zeronx
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 12:28:48 PM »

I think the first once is from From a Whisper to a Scream

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_a_Whisper_to_a_Scream_(film) Cheers
zeronx
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 12:32:23 PM »

I also think the second may be

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0683224/
Tubbz77
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 01:39:13 AM »

Yes it was the film "from a whisper to a scream" that is awesome. Thank you. That has been driving me crazy for years
Tubbz77
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 01:45:33 AM »

Wow 2 for 2. Zeronx you are good. Don't know how ya did but ya did, thanks. Mystery solved
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Trying to find a couple horror anthologies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.