Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:42:59 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Weird Movies... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Weird Movies...  (Read 19933 times)
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« on: November 11, 2016, 07:48:56 PM »

Discuss your favorite weird movies or scenes from films. You can post clips if you wish. I will begin with this gem.

https://youtu.be/bvDk7Cz5Vhk

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 09:53:42 PM »

Sorry, I know nothing about the genre.  TongueOut I hear some guy out there has a pretty comprehensive list of them, though...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 07:18:03 AM »

I'll add Mulholland Drive, The Game and Eyes Wide Shut to the list

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 10:45:52 AM »

Ah, what the hell. Here's my channel's playlist. Should be several hours worth of clips and trailers on there.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL390FFE167C40276A

! No longer available Small | Large

Louison
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 12:39:52 AM »

Aah, I have quite a few of these.

1. Eraserhead (David Lynch)
2. El Topo (Alejandro Jodorowski)
3. The Holy Mountain (Alejandro Jodorowski, and even weirder than the other one)
4. Mirrormask (Dave McKean - Weird, almost nightmarish, but without lack of certain beauty. I mean... yeah, weird.)
5. Zazie dans le métro (French movie from Louis Malle. Hilariously weird, but masterly directed.)
6. The Zero Theorem (Terry Gillian, and almost all his movies, by the way.)
7. Existenz (David Cronenberg. Got mixed reviews, but I enjoyed it.)
8. Naked Lunch (David Cronenberg again. A masterpiece of the weirdness. Only the bug makes me sick.)
9. Scanner (David Cronenberg, yes, sorry, once again. Not that weird compared to the other two. However, the exploding head remains THE cult scene from his entire work.)
10. La Cabina (Antonio Mercero. Short Spanish jewel shot during the early seventies, which passed through the censors of Franco's dictatorship God knows how.)
11. Cloud Atlas (Tom Tykwer, Lana and Andy Wachowski. When weird also means great beauty.)
12. Blue Velvet (David Lynch. Brutal and disturbing weird, but good story and masterly directed nonetheless.)
13. El ángel exterminador (Luis Buñuel. Very disturbing movie. But not as weird as the one that follows.)
14. Un chien andalou (Luis Buñuel. God, now, that's weird. Cult scene: the eye and the razor blade. Ough!!)
15. Delicatessen (Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Weird for sure, but unprecedentedly good. I believe it is reviewed in BadMovies.org. I must disagree with the web-master. That's definitely not a bad movie.)

And I still have more which I cannot think about at the moment. I'll try to refresh my list once in a while.

Smile
Archivist

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 05:19:40 AM »

A recent weird movie is the independent film Upstream Color (2013).  Almost singlehandedly written, produced, directed, shot by and starring Shane Carruth, it is a remarkable and bizarre movie that screened at the Melbourne International Film Festival.  I've watched it many times and still get a thrill out of it.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 04:14:46 PM »

I stopped posting links to my site's reviews here since I seldom got any clicks, but since a few of you are interested in weird movies, you can check out our latest review (main text not by me):

http://366weirdmovies.com/257-swiss-army-man-2016/

Small | Large

(slightly NSFW)

Not a deep cut, but if you haven't seen it yet and you like weird movies you should track it down.

Archivist

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 06:03:20 AM »

I stopped posting links to my site's reviews here since I seldom got any clicks, but since a few of you are interested in weird movies, you can check out our latest review (main text not by me):

http://366weirdmovies.com/257-swiss-army-man-2016/

Rev, that movie looked like all kinds of weird.  I couldn't bring myself to watch what looked like a cross between Castaway, Weekend at Bernie's and Brokeback Mountain.  Interesting review, though.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 02:33:56 PM »

THE LOVED ONE (1965) certainly should be on that list

As should THE NINTH CONFIGURATION (1980)

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 07:10:16 AM »

Ghosts Of Edendale(2004)

Strange film about a home hosting ghosts from Tom Mix's ranch that still show up for some debauched fun even at the current owner's expense..

Small | Large
voltron

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 10:15:36 PM »

Definately agree with Eraserhead. Lynch's movies are always on the twisted side.
I don't really consider Eyes Wide Shut 'weird" but it is eccentric and it's one of my top 10.
I think Gummo belongs on the list.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
dean

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 04:05:31 AM »

Two weird movies I've seen in the last few years that have stuck with me (there's more but these come to mind)

The Distance:

The Legend of Kaspar Hauser: (perhaps NSFW)

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 08:51:22 AM »

Our featured weird movie for Thanksgiving at 366 Weird Movies is one you all should know: BLOOD FREAK.

http://366weirdmovies.com/258-blood-freak-1972/

https://youtu.be/VoU4TT8-frU

(Trailer is NSFW for gore/violence)

This Wednesday's pick is one that is mentioned on this thread.

I'd like to see THE DISTANCE, but it's rare, and I have a huge stack of recommendations to plow through anyway.

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 06:43:12 AM »

It is difficult to beat Jodorowsky when it comes to weird. One recent movie that left me baffled is The Lobster.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 07:36:06 PM »

http://366weirdmovies.com/10-weirdest-movies-of-2016/

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Weird Movies... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.