Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:53:21 PM
714380 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How am I just NOW finding out they're remaking Stephen King's IT? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How am I just NOW finding out they're remaking Stephen King's IT?  (Read 2470 times)
Chainsawmidget
« on: November 06, 2016, 01:13:55 PM »

Come on, you people are supposed to let me know when bad movies are coming out!

Apparently, this is going to be TWO movies, one set in the past when they're still young and the other in the modern day.  I have no problem with the two movie idea.  That could work. 

My problem is this.   

This is Pennywise. 

(Well, both Pennywises).  There's a comparison for you. 

The old Pennywise worked because it looks like a normal clown.  Maybe slightly off, but you don't think anythings wrong until he actually starts trying to frighten you.  The contrast between his looks and his actions make him even more unsettling.  You could believe this guy could lure kids to him by acting all friendly and they wouldn't see the threat until it was too late.

This guys is just generic nightmare clown #8470.  The design is about as subtle as a punch to the crotch. 

Also, the old Pennywise worked because it was Tim Curry.  This new guy?  He's not Tim Curry.  he's been in the Narnia movies and that maze Runner stuff.  Basically, you haven't heard of him. 

I'm not expecting this to be one of the few good Stephen King adaptations. 
claws
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »

I'm in the minority because I think clowns in general are not scary. For some reason they don't trigger whatever makes people freak out about them. That said I do enjoy IT and I'm actually kind of curious about the remake.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 04:25:22 AM »

non-coulrophobe here too... hard to feel truly scared of a guy in shoes like that tbh

There's been a spate of extremely vague 'nasty clown' stories in the news recently. None of these alledged clowns have been apprehended. Sometimes I wonder just how far into the news media the Hollywood viral machine goes, wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was just some subliminal promotion push for this movie!

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Skull
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 02:11:58 PM »

I'm in the minority because I think clowns in general are not scary. For some reason they don't trigger whatever makes people freak out about them. That said I do enjoy IT and I'm actually kind of curious about the remake.

I don't see clowns scary too

And I also never understood the crying and hobo clowns...

I've always thought 'It' should be remade. The ending don't justified the 3 hour build up.
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 04:31:27 PM »

Tim curry, except no substitutes! Just look at the picture, tim looks more like an alcoholic  clown that you would see at a childrens party, kind of creepy. The other guy looks like WILEYKIT from thundercats! Every time i see that picture i have to shout thundercats hoe! I wonder if the giant spider thingy will be in the remake. They all float down here....

exterminate all rational thought.....
claws
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 08:42:28 PM »

non-coulrophobe here too... hard to feel truly scared of a guy in shoes like that tbh

There's been a spate of extremely vague 'nasty clown' stories in the news recently. None of these alledged clowns have been apprehended. Sometimes I wonder just how far into the news media the Hollywood viral machine goes, wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was just some subliminal promotion push for this movie!

We had a few "horror clown" sightings reported in local media/newspapers the week before Halloween. One 20 year old girl at work was actually crying because she was too afraid to walk home alone after work. I thought that was hilarious, and I had to contain myself from not laughing straight into her face. But I kept the funny to myself because the girl seemed like seriously shaken up by the possibility of running into a clown lol
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:07:39 AM by claws » Logged
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 05:53:35 PM »

wow I feel really sorry for her, that's terrible....

...but you should definitely get one of those crappy cheap clown masks and jump out at her from behind a desk one day TeddyR

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How am I just NOW finding out they're remaking Stephen King's IT? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.