Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:18:16 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  WOODSTOCK (1970) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WOODSTOCK (1970)  (Read 3428 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: November 18, 2016, 12:35:39 AM »

WOODSTOCK (1970) was on TCM last night starting at 12:45 am... it ran way past the time allotted for it.  I'm certain it was because TCM had scheduled the original film ('til 4am) but actually showed the much longer "director's cut" which I think was released in 1994 (and ran until around 4:30 am).  Frankly, though the musical performances are what I was looking forward to watching after not having seen the whole film before, it was the interviews with attendees and town residents that make that film interesting and compelling.  It's really quite wonderful. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 12:58:22 AM »

It's a great movie-I love it.
I always thought ShaNaNa were fantastic then-not at all like the lame TV show.It seems odd that this kind of music was kinda "oldies" even then,though at the time,it was only about 10 years old! Yet as far as musicially-it was a universe away from Jimi Hendrix and such.

Small | Large

Incidently,we lived in Marlboro,NY at the time,and my Ma took my 2 year old brother Richie to it. Me,a and my other 2 brothers were at home with the baby sitter-we watched Chiller Theater on TV that night! She came home early-she missed Hendrix-because of the rain-and cuz she had the baby,with her.

Small | Large

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:00:36 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 12:27:57 PM »

It's a great movie-I love it.
I always thought ShaNaNa were fantastic then-not at all like the lame TV show.It seems odd that this kind of music was kinda "oldies" even then,though at the time,it was only about 10 years old! Yet as far as musicially-it was a universe away from Jimi Hendrix and such.
SHA NA NA sang "At The Hop" and I remember thinking that maybe some of the attendees were 7 or 8 when it reached #1 in 1958...!  I may have enjoyed SHA NA NA better than any of the other musical acts in the film (except RICHIE HAVENS).  And I LOVE many of the acts that were in this longer version! 

Incidently,we lived in Marlboro,NY at the time,and my Ma took my 2 year old brother Richie to it. Me,a and my other 2 brothers were at home with the baby sitter-we watched Chiller Theater on TV that night! She came home early-she missed Hendrix-because of the rain-and cuz she had the baby,with her.
I remember. 

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 05:11:57 PM »

I have the director's cut DVD.  I try to watch it about once a year. Great film.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 07:35:47 AM »

When I was a kid, I read about the Woodstock festival in MAD Magazine.  It all looked like a lot of fun.  When I asked my mother if she was at Woodstock, her answer was no, she wasn't.  One, she was barely old enough to drive, let alone go to a big music festival.  And two, we live in Australia, not America.   TeddyR

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 12:20:58 AM »

WOODSTOCK's on TCM right now... "Director's Cut" ... though TCM is doing "31 Days of Oscar" it was the original release that earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Documentary Feature. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 02:18:07 AM »

When I was a kid, I read about the Woodstock festival in MAD Magazine.  It all looked like a lot of fun.  When I asked my mother if she was at Woodstock, her answer was no, she wasn't.  One, she was barely old enough to drive, let alone go to a big music festival.  And two, we live in Australia, not America.   TeddyR

My Ma DID go to Woodstock!
We lived in Marlboro, NY-she took my 2 year old brother Richie  .This nice black black lady named Annie watched me ,Glenn and Mike .

We watched CHILLER THEATER!

Small | Large

(that opening always scared the s**t outta me.)

Ma came home early when It started raining bad-she had Richie.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  WOODSTOCK (1970) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.