Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:40:49 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  That shotgun-to-the-face realisation « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: That shotgun-to-the-face realisation  (Read 1650 times)
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 26, 2016, 05:14:04 PM »

Yeah, so I watched my first Polonia Brothers movie recently.

But somehow, that's not what this is aboot.

While I was watching it I thought, "This actually isn't as bad as I was expecting, [though still unsatisfying] maybe better than The Forest? Ah, probably not..."

" maybe better than The Forest? Ah, probably not..."

"better than The Forest?"

Then it hit me

Because basically, after Sinister, Dark Skies, etc. I'd thought the wide theatrical releases were no longer the anal cavity of modern horror, and technically that might be true.

But here's the problem - two genuinely scary movies in one year may have been a massive improvement for wide theatrical horror, but it's all been downhill from there. I've been so relieved it isn't the old The Ring/"Saw" imitator garbage, I didn't notice as it slowly, ever so slowly turned into a difference kind of garbage.

From Oculus, which was very watchable but still Absentia for dummies-

- to Ouija, which was good in the sense the script actually put effort into it-

-all the way down to The Forest, which is barely noticeably more entertaining than a f***ing Polonia Brothers movie-

- thats with me ignoring "99% guaranteed garbage" like remakes and sequels; wide theatrical horror has again been reduced to "at least one tier below Sci-Fi Originals"!

Its... if wide theatrical horror gives me such little enjoyment, maybe I need to stop watching cinema releases.

I don't know...
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 07:58:15 PM »

I'm partial to the works of Ikuzo Studios myself. While the production values are just as low, & most of the characters & lines are overdeveloped compared to the Polonia Bros underdevelopment, You can see the cast & editors of Ikuzo having fun, which lends something to the story.

In my home town, we have Fabian Rush who's known for Pantheon Black, and the web series Alien Face Bashers, and Drew Bolduc, whom I'm hoping might use me for a sound guy in the near future.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  That shotgun-to-the-face realisation « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.