Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:59:11 AM
713403 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Are You Giving/Getting for Christmas? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What Are You Giving/Getting for Christmas?  (Read 5606 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« on: December 06, 2016, 02:28:42 PM »

giving:

my dad - 20ish movies (already wrapped)

my brother - 15ish movies and a cool James Bond shirt (already wrapped)

my mom - a $50 Barnes and Noble gift card, and I'm intending to get her a bottle or 2 of wine she loves

a girl I'm trying to get out of the friend zone with - a book and a Hallmark card

an uncle a $40 or $50 movie theater gift card

I haven't decided what I'm getting 4 younger folk (cousins kids) - two kids less then a year old a boy and a girl, a 3 year old boy, and a 5/6 (I can't remember) year old girl

no idea what I'm getting

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 10:49:46 PM »

Giving:

Dad - bourbon
Mom - gift basket
Brother - rum
Sister-in-Law - rum cake
Nieces & nephews - no ideas yet, likely gift cards
Some chick I know - gift certificate

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 09:02:12 AM »

I made my mom a calendar with photos I've taken, I've done that every year since 2006.  So this will be year 11 of me doing that.  I'm thinking of doing a photo gift of some sort for my sister this year again.

I got my brother in law the 30th anniversary edition of the Transformers movie. 

Got my feline nieces and nephew some toys for Christmas. 

Otherwise I haven't done too much shopping yet.  Too many other things were going on with school.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Skull
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 09:39:25 AM »

If I don't give anything awesome I'm going to get my ass kicked...  TeddyR
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 10:01:34 AM »

For all my Democrat friends, a contribution to the Donald Trump 2020 campaign. For all my Republican friends, a contribution to the Fund To Stop Global Warming. What are they giving me? I hope a head-start when they collectively come after me...

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Skull
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 10:16:51 AM »

For all my Democrat friends, a contribution to the Donald Trump 2020 campaign. For all my Republican friends, a contribution to the Fund To Stop Global Warming. What are they giving me? I hope a head-start when they collectively come after me...

I think not posting on that crazy thread would be a great present for us on Badmovie.org :)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 10:50:23 AM »

Wrapped Kristi's presents last night which is normally the point where I stop buying stuff for someone. At that point I'd gotten her a Harry Potter Wizarding chess set (which I had to get her as I found a copy of Knightmare Chess and you need a normal chess set to play that), the illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets, Magic he gathering boardgame & expansion, a model for the X-Wing game, a Lego Jurrassic World set, copy of another bunch of Harry Potter short stories and a limited edition of Star Trek Beyond that comes with some model ships and some Magic the gathering cards as a stocking filler. Must be a couple of other things that I've forgotten about,b ut that should cover most of it.

If anyone ever does an official crossover between Harry Potter and Star Trek I am going to have to buy a bigger house. But anyway,

Older brother & his family: A copy of Ticket to Ride & the 1910 expansion.
Younger brother & his son: Since I got them into playing X-Wing, I bought them some new ships for it.
Younger brothers fiancee: Since she is the non geek of the family she is getting some jewellery and a scarf.
Mum: Woolly cardigan.
Little Sister: Elf on a shelf (just to wind my mum up as she needs to find new places to put it) & some jewellary.
Aunt: Fleece blanket.
Uncle: A bottle of something alcoholic.
Mother in law: No idea at the moment.
Younger sister in law: Dr Who Lego.
Younger brother in law: X-Wing (I know a lot of Star Wars fans).
Other younger sister in law: Expansion set for Betrayal At The House on the Hill.
Nephew 1 & 2: Remote control Sumo Wrestlers.
Nephew 3: Some sort of model.
Neice 1 & 2: A female Superhero school playset and some dolls to go with it.

I know I am getting a new leather biker jacket as I'd to try it on for size and I've dropped heavy hints for a copy of Pandemic: Cthulhu.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 05:54:35 PM »

giving:

my dad - 20ish movies (already wrapped)

my brother - 15ish movies and a cool James Bond shirt (already wrapped)

my mom - a $50 Barnes and Noble gift card, and I'm intending to get her a bottle or 2 of wine she loves

a girl I'm trying to get out of the friend zone with - a book and a Hallmark card

an uncle a $40 or $50 movie theater gift card

I haven't decided what I'm getting 4 younger folk (cousins kids) - two kids less then a year old a boy and a girl, a 3 year old boy, and a 5/6 (I can't remember) year old girl

no idea what I'm getting

so here's what I decided on

the two toddlers are getting this

the 3 year old boy got this awesome toy

and the oldest of the younger folk

yep.........I'm spoiling my cousins kids
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:57:19 PM by bob » Logged

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 07:58:46 PM »

5 days until the big day --- surely more know what you're giving by now

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 08:31:11 PM »

I got my sister an egg squarer. you take a hard boiled egg and put it in this glass thing and now you have a square hard boiled egg. presto
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 08:49:46 PM »

I'm not giving any Bilbos for Christmas though.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2016, 08:53:15 AM »

well.....today is the big day

let us report on what we got

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2016, 11:47:49 AM »

So far I got $75 Amazon gift card, a picture of my dad and I, socks, undies (Trevor is envious Wink ) Wink, a hand knitted scarf, $400 in checks, slippers, some hot sauce, cookies that can be dipped in coffee, a Bart Starr jersey, Packers pjs, a cool Edgar Allan Poe shirt, a  toe nail clipper, a biography of James T Kirk, a Starbucks gift card, a belt, 3 toothbrushes and a Jordy Nelson Hallmark keep sake.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 12:27:54 PM by bob » Logged

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2016, 02:56:37 PM »

Well I did pretty well I feel: Lenovo IdeaPad, a tablet, 3 Doctor Who dvds, Police Squad series DVD, 2 PS3 games, Godzilla and Roddy Piper books, a Mirror Mirror Star Trek mug, several winter hoodies, socks, undies, gloves, chocolates, lounge pants, t-shirts, jeans, bath sets and several gift cards besides. Got my girlfriend a mini-Nintendo classic and a whole bunch of other goodies she wanted.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2016, 03:42:10 PM »

A better year than average.

I got the Lobo Paramilitary Christmas comic, Rick and Morty stuffed dolls, a box of chocolates, and a small bag of Jelly Belly jelly beans, plus a short visit from the woman I love (we watched half of Doris Wishman's Each Time I Kill).

I gave a dual-action personal pleasure device as a gag gift to a friend, and she now claims she has no further need for men, so that was...a good thing?

Yeah, I pretty much hate the holidays.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 11:27:19 PM by javakoala » Logged

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Are You Giving/Getting for Christmas? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.