Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:13:35 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Guardians of The Galaxy, Vol. 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guardians of The Galaxy, Vol. 2  (Read 2387 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« on: December 07, 2016, 09:50:37 PM »

We've got some more footage from Marvel's upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy sequel.  I think this is a rare case of a sequel being better than the first. 
Small | Large

Marvel's Extended Cinematic universe knows how to bang them out.  If only DC could figure out their formula. BounceGiggle

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 06:37:59 AM »

Marvel's Extended Cinematic universe knows how to bang them out.  If only DC could figure out their formula. BounceGiggle
If DC did movies half as well as Marvel did, then they'd be doing them at least twice as well as they are now. 

Seriously, I think Elektra was a better movie than Batman vs Superman... but this topic isn't about them.  This is about Guardians and so far, it looks GREAT!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 07:19:39 PM »

I'm curious how much they'll be involved in the next few Avengers films.

Guardians, I feel, was a film everyone thought would tank and it was fantastic.  But of course, Gunn is a great writer/director.

dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 12:44:30 AM »

Baby Groot is single handedly trying to save 2016 ;)

Looks fun, just wish Gomorra had more going on in the trailer (seems a little sad the only female main cast member is relegated to 'look how much he wants to bone me' and has as far as I can remember zero dialogue.)

Other than that it looks great!  Thumbup Thumbup

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 03:02:40 AM »

Wink Wink

Looking forward to it: I walked out of Guardians with a huge silly  TeddyR on my face.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 03:44:45 PM »

Guardians, I feel, was a film everyone thought would tank and it was fantastic.  But of course, Gunn is a great writer/director.

This is all guesswork based on what I know from the comics, but if that's a potential spoiler for you, then just skip on ahead.

I expect we'll be finding out in GotG2 that Quill's father is Adam Warlock, and he has the Soul Stone in his possession (the stones appear to be color swapped from the comics, and the one from Doctor Strange appears to be the Time Stone). I think it's reasonable to expect Thanos to put in more of an appearance and possibly make off with the Soul Stone or the Power Stone (the Orb from GotG1). He may also show up in Thor: Ragnarok and acquire the Space Stone (the Tesseract) from Asgard. He certainly also needs to visit Earth to pick up the Mind Stone and the Time Stone. Getting the Reality Stone (the Aether) from the Collector probably requires no more than a closing credits scene.

Not sure how many he will have by the next Avengers movie, but that's clearly the direction things are headed.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 06:24:37 PM »

There's nothing I like more than tossing trivia into a thread, so let's get tossing.

Do you like the old time comedy of . . .
Bob and Bing
Abbott and Costello
The 3 Stooges
Rocket and Baby Groot

I hadn't notice this, but whoever pointed this out, and I forget who, is correct. The comedy of Rocket and Baby Groot you see in the trailer is very much like the comedy of these other old time comedians, especially Abbott and Costello.

What I did notice that the characters know how to walk the walk and talk the talk, and that is because of the . . .
Casting: they got the right actors in the right parts.
Writing: they got someone who knows how to write.
Directing: they got someone who knows how to direct.
Scoring:

Get out your old cassette tape players.

Besides Sweet's Fox on the Run, which you hear in the trailer, other songs will include . . .
Jay and the Americans' Come a Little Bit Closer
Fleetwood Mac's Chain
and David Bowie will have another of his songs in the film.

And it is in the hands of someone who knows how to take it to the next level.

Just as the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney's California Adventure will become Guardians of the Galaxy Tower of Terror, so the rumor has it that the Universe of Energy at EPCOT will become a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 09:56:47 PM »

This is all guesswork based on what I know from the comics, but if that's a potential spoiler for you, then just skip on ahead.

I expect we'll be finding out in GotG2 that Quill's father is Adam Warlock, and he has the Soul Stone in his possession (the stones appear to be color swapped from the comics, and the one from Doctor Strange appears to be the Time Stone). I think it's reasonable to expect Thanos to put in more of an appearance and possibly make off with the Soul Stone or the Power Stone (the Orb from GotG1). He may also show up in Thor: Ragnarok and acquire the Space Stone (the Tesseract) from Asgard. He certainly also needs to visit Earth to pick up the Mind Stone and the Time Stone. Getting the Reality Stone (the Aether) from the Collector probably requires no more than a closing credits scene.

Not sure how many he will have by the next Avengers movie, but that's clearly the direction things are headed.
I'm fairly certain that's where it's headed.  I'm pretty much certain we'll see Thanos in GotG and Thor.  There's also Spider-Man and Black Panther on the horizon.  I've not heard anything related to him appearing in them in any capacity but I'm sure there'll be a post-credits scene thrown in.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Guardians of The Galaxy, Vol. 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.