Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:58:39 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Twin Angels/Frogs « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Twin Angels/Frogs  (Read 9835 times)
Chadzilla
« on: April 02, 2001, 12:10:45 PM »

Twin Angels (1995) Volumes 1 and 2 - Hentai Anime in which Virgin Warriors battle Perverted Sex Demons - deja vu all over again and again and again and again and again and again AND AGAIN.  Volume 2 was better than Volume 1, some humor helped, but they were still more than a bit boring. 2 slimes.

Frogs (1972) Slimy Swamp Creatures revolt against Rich Capitalist Pigs in this mostly yawn inducing non thriller.  Sam Elliot leads the cast and Ray Milland is the main heavy.  Lots of stock footage of frogs croaking and staring at the camera (I guess its supposed to be be creepy, it just looks like padding).  The attack scenes come way to late (we're talking 50 or so minutes into a 85 minute movie, ugh) and consists of shots of people screaming edited in with stock footage of snakes, frogs, turtles, etc (Ed Wood did it better in Bride of the Monster).  Lots of footage doesn't add up (the frogs are croaking and lurking in what looks like late afternoon or early evening and the people are standing outside in the dead of night).  Interesting side bar note on Corman Inc's misrepresentation of film in advertising.  The theatrical trailer clearly shows one character buying the farm by going down in quicksand, yet in the movie the person dies from a simple snake bite (after running into some leeches, yech).  Cute cartoon at the end of the final credits is worth seeing, but the rest of the movie is for die hard animal attack buffs only.  You're better off watching Day of the Animals.  1 slime.

Lesson learned from Frogs -  
Lizards are immune to poison gas.
Frogs are natural born leaders for animal revolts.
Spanish Moss is poisonous.
The more taxes you pay the more entitled you are to be Evil.
Don't get into water near fig bucking turtles.
The sound of thousands of croaking frogs can kill you.
FLANGEPART
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2001, 05:09:16 PM »

Just saw the Frogs Trailer on AMC. All you said in shorthand! And at the end, as it zooms in on the frog with the hand in the mouth, the guy says,"Frogs is comming" Bad movie...bad english! Shoulden't that be Frog Are comming? Oh,wait...i don't want to go there...(so thats why their slimy...)SHUT UP, ALTER EGO. See what happens when your mind runs loose?.....gets hit by the truck of absurdity.
Abby
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2001, 06:00:58 PM »

Where's that young lady who asked if she was a freak because she likes B-movies?

This site might make you feel better, and it has a very funny review of Frogs:

Charter Terminal
Andrew
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2001, 06:10:31 PM »

Maybe with CGI and puppets we can finally get a movie about giant man-eating frogs.  I can see it now!

First they ate flies, then bigger flies, then the cat, and now they're going to eat you!

(Brought to you by your local nuclear facility.)

Andrew
Chadzilla
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2001, 06:33:39 PM »

May I suggest this little story by Stephen King?  Rainy Season.  It's in Nightmares and Dreamscapes and features the nastiest frogs you would ever hope to not run across.
Cullen
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2001, 08:42:40 PM »

"And at the end, as it zooms in on the frog with the hand in the mouth, the guy says,"Frogs is comming" Bad movie...bad english! Shoulden't that be Frog Are comming? "

Actually, "Frogs is coming", no matter how bad it sounds, is correct.  It is refering to the movie "Frogs" rather than a group of frogs.  "The Birds" was set up the same way.

As a side note, I've seen both "Frogs" and "The Day of the Animals" (listed in the first post) and "Frogs" is the superior film.

Not that that's saying much...
Abby
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2001, 10:55:53 PM »

I'd have to disagree with you on that. No frog can beat Leslie Nielsen as a racist, sex-crazed jerk who launches attacks on giant grizzly bears.  And that's not taking into account the famous 'flying rats' scene.

I'm currently reading the novel from 'Day of the Animals,' and it's just as funny as the movie.
Apostic
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2001, 12:28:50 AM »

Gonna have to side with Cullen on this one.  Although Day tries to invent a reason for the attacks and has more, uh, unintentional entertainment, Frogs is (are?  I think not.) put together a bit better and has better acting.

However, I've (pardon the pun) disected Frogs over at my own website.  (http://www.jabootu.com/acolytes/bnotes/frogs.htm)  Perhaps if I ever do the same for Day, I might think diferently.

regards,

Apostic
Flangepart
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2001, 12:02:33 PM »

They wrote a book? And, flying rats? So...Rocket J. Squrrel has some evil twins. Cool. I have to check this one out! "Frogs is comming" it is then , followed by "Day of the animals". Brought to you by  PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals. BTY,Andrew, what happened to that Ant(real) PETA site, anyhoo?
Squishy
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2001, 03:36:15 PM »

The "flying rat" scene is a howler (actually they are supposed to be jumping on a victim; in fact they are being jerked violently skyward with wires)--and watch for the bit were poor Joe Deadmeat opens the door of the National Guard vehicle. Ignore the standard "surprise falling corpse" and look at the rear-view mirror on the door. Wave "hi" to the film crew. Hi-i-i.

Gotta say I like "Day." Leslie Neilsen as Executive Turned Wild Wilderness Man--screaming defiantly at God in a raging thunderstorm and wrasslin' bears, half nekkid for Jerk's sake--beats out Ray Milland grumping it up in a wheelchair, in my book. The animal attacks--and near-attacks--are very scary at times, more effective than, say, Death By Spanish Moss, or Death By Butterfly Conspiracy.
Abby
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2001, 03:49:57 PM »

Yes, they wrote a book. The notorious Edward Montoro had hoped 'Day Of The Animals' would hit it big like 'Grizzly' (which also has a novel tie-in). Even WB tried to get a piece of the Animal action. So they prepared all sorts of stuff while anticipating a hit. 'Day Of' was pretty much a bomb, though. Oddly, I think it is a MUCH more enjoyable picture than Grizzly.

It's weird ... I was looking for the 'Day of the Animals' book for about two years ... expecting to fork over big bucks upon capture. I found it last week for a few cents more than the original cover price. I've been real busy lately, so I'm reading the book a little each night at bedtime.

But if you'd like to preview some flying rats for yourself, I've got an MPG of that scene on the Girdler site:

Day of the Animals Clips
Chadzilla
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2001, 05:30:08 PM »

Searching for the film crew reflected in windows and such is a favored hobby of mine (sometimes it's the most rewarding part of watching a bad movie, ouch).  Day of the Animals (aka Something is Out There) had two that I knew of.  It's been awhile so I may have the order out of sequence.

#1 - In the diner scene, as the Sheriff worriedly asks for pie ala mode (??), the camera swoops over him to focus on the dog that had, in an earlier moment, nipped at his fingers sitting outside a window looking in (SPOOKY!).  As the camera dollies, if you look to the left, you can clearly it reflected in one of the many framed photographs hanging on the wall.

#2 - As our pathetically underdressed hikers (why are they all dressed so, well, casually for a survivalist hike???) start climbing into their respective helicopters a camera can be clearly seen reflected in one plexiglass door!

Now I have to look in rearview mirrors!  Yikes.

Note:  The shadow of the camera can be seen on the windshield of the jeep the blonde guy is driving shortly before he shoots himself while running through the swamp in Frogs.

I still prefer Day of the Animals, but I have to say Grizzly is my second favorite Girdler movie (my favorite is The Manitou).
Abby
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2001, 06:25:24 PM »

I received a widescreen version of Day Of a month or so ago ... it's really not very different from the original content-wise ... except that it shows TONS OF CAMERA/BOOM SHADOWS ALL OVER THE FOREST.

It does differ in that the print blows away the official video and DVD releases. It's clearer than the DVD, and much more colorful. I always wondered if 'Day of' prints seem overexposed because Gird was trying to show how bright things were during the ozone emergency. Probably not, but I try to give him props whenever possible :)

Also, I've always wondered if those wild packs of German Shepherds in 'Day Of' were intended to be coyotes or something. They all look like police dogs, to me.

By the by, the 'Something is Out There' cut of 'Day' is actually missing about four minutes of footage ... it's the version that commonly airs on TV.

As Gird flick go, 'Abby' is (obviously) my fave. Manitou comes next.
Chadzilla
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2001, 06:44:40 PM »

Okay Abby, where'd you get it?  And is Grizzly available too?  Looks like I'm gonna have to hang around ebay again.  Like I have that kind of money!

Side bar -  Anybody else notice that no one's clothes are torn (and there is no real blood spilled) during the *ahem* coyote attack scenes?

OKAY!!!  ALL RIGHT!!!!  STEP BACK NOW SO NOBODY GETS HURT!!!  I'm gonna whip out my Day of the Animals dvd this weekend and do a review and ship it off to Andrew.  Put that in you Manitou Peace Pipe and smoke it!  :)
Abby
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2001, 06:56:11 PM »

Go check out my Buying Girdler page.

BUYING GIRDLER

Lee Jones just picked up a 16 mm Grizzly. I don't know of any other copies floating around. The Grizz DVD (and the Day DVD)  come from the same prints used for the 80's VHS releases. The widescreen has a much different source.

In the book, everyone's clothes are torn. They mention that fact all the time. And they all have bowel problems. Susan Backlinie is also blinded horribly by the birds before she falls down a bluescreen ... er, I mean ... falls down a cliff. I haven't made it to the wild police dog scene yet. Maybe the book will explain why Christopher George and friends completely ABANDON the professor and the football player ... without a trace of remorse.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Twin Angels/Frogs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.