Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:02:44 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  RIP Carrie Fisher « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: RIP Carrie Fisher  (Read 8359 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 09:02:36 PM »

Bummer
I just heard her mom, Debbie Reynolds joined her. Bluesad

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 09:10:24 PM »

Bummer
I just heard her mom, Debbie Reynolds joined her. Bluesad

God, f**k you 2016.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
AoTFan

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 12:28:00 AM »

Holy crap!  I just read that Carrie Fisher's MOM Debbie Reynolds died of a stroke today.  WTF.

If I wasn't agnostic, I'd say God really has it in for that family.  Bluesad
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 04:14:41 PM »

I have something in my eye now (no I don't need a hankey)

Across the Star Wars and #videogame world, the passing of Carrie Fisher has hit hard. Princess Leia is an icon, one of the most recognizable and well-known characters in the history of cinema, and Carrie Fisher brought her to life in a way that is deeply embedded in the memories of #StarWars fans.

And now those fans are saying goodbye and thank you. Impromptu gatherings in Star Wars: The Old Republic have been popping up for fans to express their sadness at the passing of a legend--and their gratitude for what she gave us.

Celebrations and get-togethers on Alderaan and House Organa in The Old Republic will undoubtedly be ongoing as 'Star Wars' fans celebrate the life of Carrie Fisher and the unforgettable character she gave us.

Small | Large

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 02:07:22 PM »

Damn it. I heard she was in stable condition.
s**t. I guess this makes her the first person from the Star Wars original cast to die.

It is tragic, obviously, but I can't help but wonder if they finished shooting all of her scenes for the next Abram's Star Wars film.
If not then he's either going to be forced to cancel the films, replace Carrie, or rewrite it so Princess Leia doesn't appear at all.

Before someone calls me insensitive I'm more upset by the fact that an actor that played an iconic role is dead.
I value human life more than a movie. (Excluding the lives of sex traffickers and ISIS but that's another can of worms)

No, you are not insensitive. In fact, I think all us here on the board find you a very sensitive person, but, it is a subject that Hollywood has to deal with. It has had to deal with it in the past, and no doubt, it'll have to deal with it in the future. While all the suggestions are possible, they--with all due respect--are most likely unlikely. Since she has finished all or the majority of her work for Episode VIII, the most likely scenario is a major rewrite of Episode IX, with the writers trying to find some way to explain her lack of appearance in that episode. And El Misfit is correct. Of the major characters in Episode VI she is the 4th of the actors to portray them to die.

One final comment. Lord, 2016 hurts, and it hurts bad. One of the only things that makes it somewhat bearable is that 2017 will be worst. For all the actors we know and love are getting older, and as they get older in 2017. We will hear more of them pass on to that great Entertainment in the Sky. R.I.P!
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 03:03:49 AM »

Damn it. I heard she was in stable condition.
s**t. I guess this makes her the first person from the Star Wars original cast to die.

It is tragic, obviously, but I can't help but wonder if they finished shooting all of her scenes for the next Abram's Star Wars film.
If not then he's either going to be forced to cancel the films, replace Carrie, or rewrite it so Princess Leia doesn't appear at all.

Before someone calls me insensitive I'm more upset by the fact that an actor that played an iconic role is dead.
I value human life more than a movie. (Excluding the lives of sex traffickers and ISIS but that's another can of worms)

No, you are not insensitive. In fact, I think all us here on the board find you a very sensitive person, but, it is a subject that Hollywood has to deal with. It has had to deal with it in the past, and no doubt, it'll have to deal with it in the future. While all the suggestions are possible, they--with all due respect--are most likely unlikely. Since she has finished all or the majority of her work for Episode VIII, the most likely scenario is a major rewrite of Episode IX, with the writers trying to find some way to explain her lack of appearance in that episode. And El Misfit is correct. Of the major characters in Episode VI she is the 4th of the actors to portray them to die.

One final comment. Lord, 2016 hurts, and it hurts bad. One of the only things that makes it somewhat bearable is that 2017 will be worst. For all the actors we know and love are getting older, and as they get older in 2017. We will hear more of them pass on to that great Entertainment in the Sky. R.I.P!

WARNING! FORCE AWAKENS SPOILERS!

Exactly. Unless Princess Leia dies in Episode VIII they'll be forced to do a rewrite.
I kind of doubt it though since Han Solo already died in Episode VII and it'd be weird to kill off another character so soon.
Not to mention Leia was the only living parent of Kylo Ren, who has one of the more interesting character arcs.

When an actor dies at a time like this not only does the world mourn their loss but it also means a story can be permanently damaged by bad timing.
Could you imagine if Mark Hamill died in that car crash back in 1977? Episodes V and VI would have never existed since replacing the actor that played the main character
wouldn't go over well at all.

I even heard that the Joker was supposed to have a huge role in The Dark Knight Rises but they had to rewrite it following Ledger's death.
Heath reinvented the entire character and turned the Joker into one of the best villains in cinematic history, replacing him was not an option.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was true either since, in my opinion, Dark Knight Rises fell flat on its face by the third act of the film giving a disappointing
conclusion to the Nolan Batman trilogy.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 10:09:07 AM »

...until there are so few of them left that the number of them passing dwindles.  Bluesad

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  RIP Carrie Fisher « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.