Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:44:03 AM
714195 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  suicide squad « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: suicide squad  (Read 6761 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 01, 2017, 06:44:19 PM »

I think somebody already posted this, sorry. I finally got around to watching this and it was not worth the 1.50 that was spent from redbox! c'mon! this was one of the most anticipated/hyped movies of the year! First of all: I am not a will smith fan. yeah, Ill admit he has had some decent movies. When i heard he was in this movie, it made me less interested. So whats that first thing i see in this movie? Will smith! To be fair, his character was played well. This movie just seemed confused. It didnt know if it wanted to be campy or dark and serious. I really didnt like any of the characters. I guess harley quin was the selling point. I was not impressed! She reminded me of the cartoon version a little. I just thought she was lame, actually all of the characters were lame! Some had potential, but there was nothing dangerous or threating about these villians. killer croc looked good but was a stereotype. Captain boomerang? Really? you mean his boomerang is what makes him one of the most dangerous people on earth? "nooo, not the boomerang!". The joker was LAME!! For me, seeing more of him in the movie would not have made it better. The governor/ boss lady played her role very well, she was the only one that came off as evil. Though, I thought the enchantress looked really cool. 

exterminate all rational thought.....
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 03:52:45 AM »

I never thought that it was that bad...more like absolutely mediocre and really forgettable. I know that there is an extended cut out there, which is supposed to make things better, but I just have no motivation at all to watch it.

akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 07:59:04 AM »

This movie is ass.  Smelly, hairy, dirty hobo ass that's not been washed or even wiped in months.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 04:27:23 PM »

It wasn't a great movie, but I liked it more than any of the other movies DC has done in a loooonnnnggg time.

I will say I like Enchatresse's look better before she took her final form though.  The kind of whispy goth ghost looking thing was much cooler than her just standing there dancing in a funny headdress. 
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 03:23:36 PM »

This movie was already made a couple of years ago and done much better: the animated Arkham Asylum -better portrayal of Dead Shot, Harley, and Amanda Waller, plus a few other characters not in the live action movie.

Captain Boomerang is one of the Flash's more lame villains. His animated counter part is lame, too and in the live action, his character served no real purpose. I would have rather seen any of his other villains, personally.

I wish the general public would appreciate the animated films more; as far as DC is concerned, the animated films are always better than their live-action counter parts (see Batman The Animated Series Subzero story over Batman and Robin for earlier examples).

I too found the live action film rather meh. Amanda Waller was good, and that's about it. I hated this version of the Joker. Harley was bleh and needed to eat some sunflower seeds or something. Plot didn't make sense (how many times do we need to see the Gubmunt failing to control a powerful weapon they created/facilitated and how many world-ending things in the sky do we need?).

Basically, Amanda Waller needed to deploy the Suicide Squad to correct a problem from her creation of the Suicide Squad. Also the Flag character sucked, too.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Markk
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 01:08:40 PM »

Total waste of time... Probably the most disappointing movie of the year.. Only Harley Quinn was worth watching..
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 12:48:58 PM »

I finally got around to watching Suicide Squad, and it wasn't terrible. Of course, I had low expectations going into it, which made it easier to watch. I'd say it was at least as good as Man of Steel.

It was by no means brilliant, but it was certainly watchable. I'd give it three slimes.  Smile Drink TongueOut

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 01:37:55 PM »

I wish the general public would appreciate the animated films more; as far as DC is concerned, the animated films are always better than their live-action counter parts (see Batman The Animated Series Subzero story over Batman and Robin for earlier examples).

Last year I re watched the Batman animated series with the movies included and I have to agree, it's a million times better than any of the crappy superhero films that we can see nowadays (the Christopher Nolan trilogy was quite good tho). Batman Subzero it's particularly awesome... the ending with Mr Freeze learning about his wife? Pure win.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 07:13:51 AM »

If you thought Suicide Squad was bad, check out The Asylum's knock off, "Sinister Squad." It makes the " real" movie look like the Royal Shakespeare Company 😊

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 08:39:08 AM »

Fun fact: The editing was outsourced to a trailer house. That's why the whole thing looks like a f**king trailer for the movie you're already watching.

Jim H

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 09:26:46 PM »

Honestly one of the worst theatrically released films I've seen in the past 20 years.   Just awful.  Awful characters, awful plot construction, visually dreadful, it's just amazingly bad.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 04:32:44 PM »

Honestly one of the worst theatrically released films I've seen in the past 20 years.   Just awful.  Awful characters, awful plot construction, visually dreadful, it's just amazingly bad.

And bad enough to spawn a sequel Suicide Squad 2, with many of the same cast members back from the 1st one, and with the addition of Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam. An uncertain release date, but, as it has just been announced, some time in 2020 or 2021.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 11:25:31 AM »

And bad enough to spawn a sequel Suicide Squad 2, with many of the same cast members back from the 1st one, and with the addition of Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam. An uncertain release date, but, as it has just been announced, some time in 2020 or 2021.

Didn't Dc get James Gunn (after Disney fired him)  to be the director for the sequel. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2018, 04:16:50 PM »

Didn't Dc get James Gunn (after Disney fired him)  to be the director for the sequel. 

Yes, or, that is my understanding. Which should be interesting to see what he can bring to the series. And it'll be interesting to see who Marvel Studios gets to direct Guardians of the Galaxy III, or, whether they just decide to scrap the series in its entirety.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 11:10:41 AM »

Last I heard, James Gunn was "in talks" with Warner/DC to direct "Suicide Squad 2," but nothing is concrete yet.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  suicide squad « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.