Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:33:57 PM
714248 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  No 46 (2016) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No 46 (2016)  (Read 3501 times)
Dolan
New Visitor

« on: December 19, 2016, 10:24:47 PM »

This is an Australian indie horror film that I discovered after being told about it by a friend called 'No 46' that was released this year.

The film is about a girl who moves in with her friend to start a new life after her boyfriend had been killed by a stalker. Whilst there, she and her roommates witness ghosts that dwell in the house, No 46, and later encounter two supernatural investigators who's jobs are to liberate the spirits in their home.

The film features no known actors that I could notice.

The full feature has been uploaded onto YouTube by the film's director/writer.

Link: youtube.com/watch?v=0G-rxwb3Wao

Link: imdb.com/title/tt5050842/

After having watched it, I can say that the acting, editing and special effects are on par with Birdemic.

I found the Facebook page for the film with one of the posts saying that a DVD release was to be for March, 2016, however I couldn't find anything else online about it, suggesting that it may have been canceled.

Link: facebook.com/No.46movie/posts/1102408373125338
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 03:24:57 AM »

Somebody smell SPAMQuestion

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Dolan
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 10:29:47 PM »

What do you mean spam?
Is it because this is my first post after joining?
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 11:19:19 PM »

Somebody smell SPAM?  Question

What do you mean spam?

Edit: DAMMIT, thought I proofread this!

Well, it does seem a bit suspicious.  I mean, we've had lots of people pop in here, pretending to "come off the street" so to speak, and casually mention some movie/project whatever and it turns out they're trying to do stealth promotion or some such.  

And what's silly is they don't even NEED to do that.  If someone's who's written/directed/starred in a film or whatever, wants to promote it here, all they have to do is openly say, "Hey, I'm so and so, and I did such and such, if anyone's interested they can check it out at..."

Now, that being said, this movie isn't that great.  I honestly thought I was watching a different film than what was described (probably because, for starters, the title is NOT given in the opening credits.)  The movies starts off following a young boy, his abusive dad, and his mom who seems to have telekinetic/ghost powers or something.  At this point, I was like, "Wait, I thought this was about some girl moving to a new apartment or some such?  Who the heck are these people?"

Anyway, mom dies, boy goes to an institution, and, after a few pointless scenes, mom appears as a ghost and gives him a "gift" of some sort.  Then we get a title card saying "17 years later" and we follow two girls and their doings and I'm like, "WTF?  I spent ten minutes with this kid and now I'm following around this character?"  Admittedly, I skipped around in the film, but the boy (now an adult) doesn't seem show up again until twenty minutes later (maybe even more I don't know.)  

There's a lot of laughable effects and stilted acting to be found, but I admit a few shots weren't too bad... they could have been "jazzed up" some more with scary music and sound effects and stuff.  I mean, there's a scene where CGI, I mean, uh, ghosts are appearing in the hallway that's supposed to be suspenseful, but the editing and pace is just all off.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 01:10:05 PM by AoTFan » Logged
Dolan
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 05:12:25 AM »

What do you mean spam?

Well, it does seem a bit suspicious.  I mean, we've had lots of people pop in here, pretending to "come off the street" so to speak, and casually some movie/project whatever and it turns out they're trying to do stealth promotion or some such. 

And what's silly is they do even NEED to do that.  If someone's who's written/directed/starred in a film or whatever, wants to promote it here, all they have to do is open says, "Hey, I'm so and so, and I did such and such, if anyone's interested they can check it out at..."

Now, that being said, this movie isn't that great.  I honestly thought I was watching a different film than what was described (probably because, for starters, the title is NOT given in the opening credits.  The movies starts off following a young boy, his abusive dad, and his mom who seems to have telekinetic/ghost powers or something.  At this point, I was like, "What, I thought this was about some girl moving to a new apartment or some such?  Who the heck are these people?"

Anyway, mom dies, boy goes to an institution, and, after a few pointless scenes, mom appears as a ghost and gives him a "gift" of some sort.  Then we get a title card saying "17 years later" and we follow two girls and they're doings and I'm like, "WTF?  I spent ten minutes with this kid and now I'm following around this character?"  Admittedly, I skipped around in the film, but the boy (now an adult) doesn't show up again until twenty minutes later (maybe even more I don't know.) 

There's a lot of laughable effects and stilted acting to be found, but I admit shots weren't too bad... they could have been "jazzed up" some more with scary music and sound effects and stuff.  I mean, there's a scene where CGI, I mean, uh, ghost are appearing in the hallway that's supposed to be suspenseful, but the editing and pace is just all off.

If this was a film I had directed or written I probably would distance myself from it.

Yeah the whole subplot at the beginning with the institutionalized child didn't seem that relevant for me to mention but probably I should've made the effort to warn about.

I don't get the need for the red and grey filter for some of the flashback scenes and they could have just some subtitle saying something like "4 years ago".

The IMDb page says the budget was $5000. I'm curious to know how much the cast had even been paid, that is if they even were.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 05:56:44 AM »

I apologize if I misunderstood your intentions,but usually when a first post links to the facebook page,IMDB listing and how to watch it...it stinks of spam.We had a guy come on here-Scarlet Fry-who pretended he was just a casual poster-and even reply to his own posts under a different name! So perhaps you can understand my wariness.

That being said-I still think this stinks of spam. Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Dolan
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 09:01:59 AM »

I apologize if I misunderstood your intentions,but usually when a first post links to the facebook page,IMDB listing and how to watch it...it stinks of spam.We had a guy come on here-Scarlet Fry-who pretended he was just a casual poster-and even reply to his own posts under a different name! So perhaps you can understand my wariness.

The Facebook link was just to show that it was mentioned to possibly have a physical release. I'd remove the link if I was able to modify posts or a mod could also do it.
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 01:13:04 PM »

The Facebook link was just to show that it was mentioned to possibly have a physical release. I'd remove the link if I was able to modify posts or a mod could also do it.

Now, go forth and post elsewhere on this board!  Gettith to know thy companions!  Proveth thou art real and ye shall be granted post editing privileges! 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 04:48:26 AM »

Dolan aint back-spammer. I got a spam nose.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Dolan
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 08:55:49 PM »

Dolan aint back-spammer. I got a spam nose.

I'm here. Just occasionally checking the thread to see if there are new replies, however all of these posts as to whether I'm a spammer I feel are derailing it.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 12:33:44 AM »

Hang around, kid, the place is worth getting to know!
We've had our share of spamosauruses, but overall we're a pretty eclectic and fun-loving bunch.
So . . . you ever see THE COWBOY KILLER?  It's wondrously bad!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2016, 10:29:53 AM »

I see no firm evidence Dolan is a spammer.

But Dolan, you should be aware that your posting pattern---starting off your posting history by hyping a completely unknown microbudget movie---matches tactics used by small-time viral marketers. We've been annoyed by these people before, and that's why older posters are suspicious.

If you stay around and continue posting on other topics people will forget.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Dolan
New Visitor

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2016, 09:49:42 PM »

I see no firm evidence Dolan is a spammer.

But Dolan, you should be aware that your posting pattern---starting off your posting history by hyping a completely unknown microbudget movie---matches tactics used by small-time viral marketers. We've been annoyed by these people before, and that's why older posters are suspicious.

If you stay around and continue posting on other topics people will forget.

Usually if it's a bad film I've seen, I'll post about it but usually I won't watch it unless someone like a friend has recommended it to me.

I just created another thread here if you want to check out about JonTron's reviews of bad films who he and Nostalgia Critic are two people that sometimes influence me in checking those films out.
badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,148296.msg575847.html
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  No 46 (2016) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.