Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:42:27 PM
714252 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The "Most Frustrated You've Ever Gotten At A Piece Of Technology" Thread! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The "Most Frustrated You've Ever Gotten At A Piece Of Technology" Thread!  (Read 2184 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 02, 2017, 06:21:52 PM »

I still have a headache from the computer catastrophe I had to deal with.
I'd tell you guys all about it but I don't think I can muster up the willpower right now.
You guys give your stories first and hopefully I can give mine tomorrow.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 09:37:29 PM »

Building a 3d model in Autocad, where it would freeze for a good few minutes at a time. Building a huge house in Revit would cause it to crash, admittedly that was due to my part for installing multiple high pixel count objects (I had it crash on me I believe 4-5 times in a day, yay!)

yeah no.
Skull
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 03:20:46 PM »

Building a 3d model in Autocad, where it would freeze for a good few minutes at a time. Building a huge house in Revit would cause it to crash, admittedly that was due to my part for installing multiple high pixel count objects (I had it crash on me I believe 4-5 times in a day, yay!)

Try using Autocad when window's 95 was introduced and the brains behind autodesk decide to have the program run on windows, instead of dos... OMG, it kept crashing every 2 mins!

The most frustrating thing I've done over Christmas break was to buy my daughter an xbox one for Christmas and assumed the settup was like anyother game console. I felt like shooting myself because of roblox. We downloaded Roblox and it was running. The next day the damn thing wouldn't log in because it kept saying the xbox was linked to the account and you can go to the settings to unlink it. It was like walking in a circle inside an empty room.

Turn on the xbox, go to the program, and it said 'log in' then I logged in said I was linked to the account and I'm log in. Even though I'm still in the log in window. I made an a new account and it won't allow us log in because the account is linked to the xbox. I've looked up the settings and there was nothing I can to to unlog the account. I've deleted the program and reinstalled the program - BAM! (that's my head hitting the wall)... the new downloaded program still says my xbox was linked to the account.

The only way my daughter could pay roblox was in my xbox one account, but I would have to log in a passcode every time (becuase she is too young for easy access to my credit card). I couldn't do that.

I've looked it up on google and found somebody having the same issue as me (and there is one!!!) - the solution was 'toss the xbox in the trash!  Hatred

A few hours later (yes I did a lot of repeats - with no results). I found out I had to unlog my daughters account and have my account the only one active, then I was able to log in and then inside the roblox program I could unlink it to the xbox and log in her account.

I've also gave my daughter 10 dollars to the roblox account, but I've paid this money thru my laptop... only to find out later that the 10 dollars is not acceptable to the xbox. I need to log in the xbox and pay money thru the xbox for the account on the xbox to have the money (even though the xbox and the laptop are the same account). Annoying because I would have to go into my daughters account and unlink her account and log myself in and give her account money... Then I'm giving roblox 20 dollars instead of 10 dollar... I think it would be cheaper to buy a 50 dollar device....
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 01:39:10 AM »

I have all of you beat: I smashed my malfunctioning laptop over the December break and I do mean smashed. Glass everywhere.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 01:00:42 AM »

One time, I slammed my fist down on top of a scanner/printer.  And yes, I did break the glass. 

It was during a period where every other printing job kept jamming and I got angry and frustrated trying to figure out why it wasn't working.  Turns out apparently the paper I was using was too heavy, because when I switched to a lighter weighing paper, it worked just fine. 

BUT

Here's the kicker.  I actually thought about this beforehand.  And I went online to the HP website, looked up my model, and I'm PRETTY sure it told me the paper I was using was within specs.  Now, it's possible I misread the site, but I really don't think I did. 

Well, before switching the paper, I tried it again, and again, and well, anger took it course.  I broke the screen.  Then, I decided to switch to lighter paper, and viola!  It worked. 

Now, here's the second dumb part (distant second from me thinking slamming it with my fist would help anything, but still.)  When I ran out of ink months later, I bought a new cartridge put it in, and it told me it had to "align" the cartridge in order for it print, and for that I need... you guess it! The scanner part to work.

My question is WHY??!?  Why did it need the scanner to align the printer cartridge, when all I want to do is print?  There were (and I assume still are) several stand alone printers that don't have scanners in them that work just fine.  So, why the hell didn't they design the two components on this to work separately? 

Anyway, I couldn't get the damn to print after that, so it became a big paperweight. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The "Most Frustrated You've Ever Gotten At A Piece Of Technology" Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.