Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:33:50 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Eli Roth's CLOWN (2014) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Eli Roth's CLOWN (2014)  (Read 1656 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: January 14, 2017, 05:17:08 AM »

Since the demise of Hastings, I have been reduced to renting movies at RedBox, which has a pretty limited selection, compensated only by a fairly high turnover rate.  So when I spotted CLOWN, I thought it might be worth a view, and I was right.

Kent is a realtor whose son is about to celebrate his 8th birthday.  Unfortunately, the clown they had booked canceled at the last minute, and so Kent is left trying to come up with a last-minute replacement.  What should he find in the basement of the house he is selling but an ornate wooden trunk containing a classic clown suit?  So he dons it, heads out to his son's party, and the kids love it.  They eat it up . . . so to speak.

But then he discovers that he cannot get the clown suit OFF.  Even the red rubber nose is stuck to his face.  He is also uncontrollably hungry, but normal food doesn't seem to touch his appetite.  To borrow a phrase from Carl the Llama:  "His stomach was making the rumblies . . .that only children would satisfy!"

That's right, it's not really a clown suit at all.  It's the skin and hair of an ancient Icelandic demon that preys exclusively on children, and the only way to stop it is to either feed it five children - one for each month of winter - or else cut its head off.  Because, you see, the suit is slowly changing Kent into the demon.  Needless to say, this causes some friction in his marriage as well as some difficulties in his relationship with his son.

Blood, gore, and rampant child devouring, combined with some excellent makeup effects, make this a delightfully creepy and effective horror film. And - well, a killer cannibal clown/demon rampaging through a Chuck E Cheese's - that's just bonus material there!! LOL
4.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 07:05:40 AM »

...it's not really a clown suit at all.  It's the skin and hair of an ancient Icelandic demon that preys exclusively on children, and the only way to stop it is to either feed it five children - one for each month of winter - or else cut its head off. 

It's off-the-wall stuff like that (skin of an Icelandic demon?) that makes or breaks a bad movie.  BounceGiggle

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 01:06:23 PM »

I had ignored this movie because I assumed it was just a movie about some psycho dressed as as clown and killing people, a john wayne gacy type thing. unsuspecting people getting stranded somewhere and being killed one by one. (yawn). The icelandic demon thing has peaked my interest, this movie in now on my list. I like eli roths movies but ive been really bored with the violence for the sake of violence movies for awhile.

exterminate all rational thought.....
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 08:21:35 PM »

I gotta hand it to Indy on this one. It is a pretty good movie. Just silly enough to keep a smirk on your face, but it's told in a fairly straightforward manner without dragging. And, yes, the highlight is the whole bit at Chuck E. Cheese. I can't believe they allowed their name to be connected with this movie, but I'm glad they did.

This is one I think I'd actually like to own. Not sure how often I'd watch it, but it deserves to be supported.

Seriously, don't go into it thinking it is going to be a laugh-fest. It is a horror film that just happens to have a few smile-inducing scenes.

Thanks for pointing this one out, Indy!

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Eli Roth's CLOWN (2014) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.