Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:20:45 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Author Topic: I'm going back to school  (Read 48464 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« on: January 20, 2017, 09:00:41 AM »

In a little under 2 weeks I'm officially going back to the university where I graduated from in May of 2008. This was my plan after I quit my horrible job last month. It is my intention to get certified to teach elementary education. This isn't all about money, although that is a part of it. This is about the persuit of happiness. I'm excited and can't help but feel a little old while doing this.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 09:14:57 AM »

Good luck, I hope this makes you happy!  Thumbup Cheers

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 05:46:32 PM »

I'm back at school, mainly because I'm continuing my edumakation while seeing if I can get a job with CAD.

yeah no.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 09:01:24 PM »

Best of luck, BOB!  It's funny how education is more interesting when you're just a bit older...   Thumbup Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 12:45:32 AM »

If it makes you happy..... it can't be that bad!

if it makes you happy... then why the hell are you sooooooooooo sad?     Twirling
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 11:06:04 PM »

Tution skyrocketed since I was there last.  Bluesad

I'm gonna see if I can get some grants since I know I'm far from the traditional student. My GPA from my younger days rules out any chance of a scholarship.

The university requires a minor to go along with the elementary education major for some reason, thus I'm taking Shakespeare Tuesday and Thursday mornings 8-9:30.

After that I'll complete the English minor since one of my majors from back then was a different English degree.

I'm taking an entry level teacher education course that meets once a week 3:30-4:30  on Thursday afternoons. That will require 20 off campus hours to complete.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 09:44:03 PM »

Congrats!

I'm back in school now myself, I'm in my second semester of law school.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 12:11:43 PM »

I finally met with the only advisor for the teacher education department yesterday after we didn't connect because she needed hand surgery and I never got an email she sent setting up a  meeting weeks ago for some reason.

I learned that I can't get any scholarships or grants because I graduated already. There are no more spots open in the teacher education class I was looking at. After I explained to her that I'm not taking out any loans she strongly encouraged me to enroll in a community college to get an associates degree in instructional assistant.

For now I'm planning on still taking Shakespeare, assuming I can register for it (she didn't lift my flag for that yet) and got the massive book for the class, it couldn't because hurt my chances of finding a job with that on my resume and I'm not sure what to do now. It's too late to enroll in the community college.

I'm not sure what my plan is now. I know I need to find a job.   Bluesad

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 01:51:56 PM »

A lot has gone on with this in the few days the site has been down. Even if I wanted to take Shakespeare I can't because the adviser I met with never lifted my flag.  Question  I'm in the process of officially being accepted into the community college. Even though the end game of getting the associates degree and the career paths it will open up for me isn't exactly what I want I feel it's my only choice because I'd end up being super deep in debt again and have to take out student loans again able forced to take horrible jobs to pay it back. It's ludicrous that I would have to get super into to debt to do ideally what I want to make a better life for myself.

I'm planning on taking two classes in the summer but I'm going to have to wait and see if what my advisor thinks and hope he/she isn't a giant douche like my old one.

dean

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 12:03:10 AM »

In a little under 2 weeks I'm officially going back to the university where I graduated from in May of 2008. This was my plan after I quit my horrible job last month. It is my intention to get certified to teach elementary education. This isn't all about money, although that is a part of it. This is about the persuit of happiness. I'm excited and can't help but feel a little old while doing this.

I switched over to become a high school teacher, just recently graduated. Currently looking for work but the term has only just started here so will relief teach in the meantime. Not sure what age ranges elementary school is (not American) but its a crazy profession from my experience so far (which I enjoy). Good luck!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 08:53:12 PM »

So I'm in!

Transfer credits wiped out a lot of what I would've had to take.

I'm starting with 2 classes in the summer with two classes that should be easy as I ease back into school.

In the fall I'm planning on taking four classes, one of which is evil -- I'm looking at you College Math. The other three shouldn't be too difficult.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 01:49:44 AM »

but its a crazy profession from my experience so far (which I enjoy). Good luck!

That sounds like what my teachers had to say about [trying] to teach me.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 09:42:24 PM »

I just noticed that the college I'm going to start in the summer finally got the last of the transfer credits in and I'm pretty sure the 2 classes I'm taking in the summer I don't need, had to print things off to double check.

It woul'dve been nice if they got that s**t done before I had a meeting with an advisor last month.

I need to head tot he college for other things ...gonna see if I can a quick appt, I gotta get this s**t done...and if there's nothing available in the summer I need -- she's gonna need to guide me through how to drop them and get out of paying for em.

And now I'm all p**sed off.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 02:18:33 PM »

so I'm not taking any summer classes --- turns out my transfer credits eliminated the need to take the two I was looking at

I'm not sure how or why but some of what I took years ago erased the two psychology classes I had to take

I also don't need to take any electives -- so basically I just need to take what's in the program, which is nice

I'm a little unsure about having to take online classes, but most of what I'm eyeing for September is only offered that way

the kicker is addition being online, literally all of them have TBD as when they will be taking place during the week which is a little strange

I have an advising appointment next week to register for the fall and hope she has information about the times for the classes

Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2017, 05:16:38 PM »

Good luck mate I've been thinking about going back to school myself

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.