Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:42:26 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: I'm going back to school  (Read 48435 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2017, 07:57:03 PM »

I've been pretty exhausted since midterms...........but I am completely finished for the semester

I gave it my all and feel I did very well in all my classes

my grades aren't official...........but I know for a fact I finished with over 100% for one class using the check my grade tool on the schools online site

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2017, 12:56:06 PM »

I just finished my third semester of law school last night after taking my last final.  Civil procedure.  Fun. 

I'm not expecting straight As but hopefully my grades will be decent enough this semester. 

Now to get ready for semester 4.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2017, 02:37:25 PM »

I'm just waiting on a grade for 1 of my classes to see how I did in all of my classes

the waiting is driving me nuts, more so then in my first college go around because I put in a lot more time for my studies this time around and am hoping all the extra effort shows up in grades

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2017, 09:45:56 AM »

all grades are posted and...

A, A, A, A-

#accomplished

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2018, 01:09:06 PM »

I start up again next Monday and am concerned that I have not received one of the books I need yet. I suspect this is because the campus bookstore accidently cancelled my order for the text and I was forced to reorder it. This is dumb.

sprite75

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2018, 02:47:01 PM »

I start up again next Monday and am concerned that I have not received one of the books I need yet. I suspect this is because the campus bookstore accidently cancelled my order for the text and I was forced to reorder it. This is dumb.

I'm waiting for one more book to show up then I'll have all my printed case books for semester four.  I got a notice yesterday that the last one was being shipped. 

Otherwise one class is using an online textbook service, and in another class the professor said he was just going to send us the material he wants us to read electronically - mainly PDFs and the like.  I like that because it cuts down on the weight and I can read materials at the gym on my iPad.

I'm still waiting for my grades to be posted.  I guess they have until a week from Saturday to post them but I hope they'll get posted sooner.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2018, 04:29:57 PM »

I'm waiting for one more book to show up then I'll have all my printed case books for semester four.  I got a notice yesterday that the last one was being shipped. 

Otherwise one class is using an online textbook service, and in another class the professor said he was just going to send us the material he wants us to read electronically - mainly PDFs and the like.  I like that because it cuts down on the weight and I can read materials at the gym on my iPad.

I'm still waiting for my grades to be posted.  I guess they have until a week from Saturday to post them but I hope they'll get posted sooner.

I got 2 digital books this semester

I ended up buying one of them because it was incredibly cheaper then renting it for some reason

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2018, 10:18:53 AM »

I still don't have the book, classes start today

I'm thinking of not paying tuition until I get the book

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2018, 08:10:08 PM »

not even a week into this semester and I've made the decision to never use a digital book for a class again

I am having massive issues with the highlighter tool -- damn thing has a mind of it's own and seemingly never works when I want it to

Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2018, 07:46:55 AM »

I took the plunge and signed up to 3 PDQ courses (Personal development qualification - They're basically an entry level qualification that just shows employers that you understand the basics of a field and are willing to learn) this year...I just got fed up of looking for Jobs and constantly being declined because I was missing one skill or another so I took the plunge on a level 1 management course (Just to help strenghthen my current management position as when I joined I had no experience and nothings been offered TeddyR), A teacher training course (Because my dream job is a film lecturer at my local university and while this qualification almost certainly WONT get me that right off the bat it'll at least open the door to opportunities that are currently unobtainable) and an IT course...because even though I've been heavily using computers since I was about 7 years old (Im the head of department at a post production house) I actually have no direct accreditations in IT which has always been a great source of pain to me...that last ones a little bit different because while it is classed as a PDQ I can pay extra to have it turn into a level 3 full blown qualification (Basically the equivelent of a UK A-level)

At the minute im trying to catch up with the post-christmas mountain of work and catch ups that always inevitable accumulate over the season but im hoping to kick in with these starting next month  TeddyR

sprite75

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2018, 06:55:20 PM »

The grades have started to come back in from last semester and so far they've been higher than I was expecting.

I seriously thought of ordering this shirt...

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2018, 08:12:07 PM »

I am being driven up a wall one class. The issue isn't with the material, it's with the teacher. All of my classes are online. With this in mind the bulk of the links leading to things I needed to read or use as a reference for an assignment weren't working. I emailed the teacher telling her about this 5 days ago. I never heard back from her, but she found the time to go online to grade things.

I ended up spending one day tracking down similar things on my own.

I'm now very behind in my other classes, which are significantly easier.

This class is now borderline impossible. The same 2 websites with links leading to this or that that were direct links no longer work and there's used in literally every lesson plan for the rest of the semester. I'm thinking of trying to find a way to file a compliant against the teacher if this doesn't get fixed soon or dropping the class.

This is impossible pretty much at this point to keep up with what I'm supposed to be reading, the bulk of which is links to this or that. I've spent the last 4 days nothing but trying to do what I can for this class

It's not just me, others in the class have had the same problems with the links.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2018, 08:50:10 PM »

this arrived in the mail yesterday

TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2018, 05:49:05 PM »

irony - not sure about going to the Dean's List Reception because it starts during the time I set aside for school stuff

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2018, 07:59:20 PM »

I am being driven up a wall one class. The issue isn't with the material, it's with the teacher. All of my classes are online. With this in mind the bulk of the links leading to things I needed to read or use as a reference for an assignment weren't working. I emailed the teacher telling her about this 5 days ago. I never heard back from her, but she found the time to go online to grade things.

I ended up spending one day tracking down similar things on my own.

I'm now very behind in my other classes, which are significantly easier.

This class is now borderline impossible. The same 2 websites with links leading to this or that that were direct links no longer work and there's used in literally every lesson plan for the rest of the semester. I'm thinking of trying to find a way to file a compliant against the teacher if this doesn't get fixed soon or dropping the class.

This is impossible pretty much at this point to keep up with what I'm supposed to be reading, the bulk of which is links to this or that. I've spent the last 4 days nothing but trying to do what I can for this class

It's not just me, others in the class have had the same problems with the links.

it's taken me long, long time to recover from that --- but I'm no longer drastically behind in my classes

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.