Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:41:12 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Author Topic: I'm going back to school  (Read 48440 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2018, 10:20:30 PM »

I got this at the Dean's List reception yesterday

I was also invited to join an Honor Society. There's some dues involved in joining. I'm not sure if I should join. I'm thinking of emailing my advisor and a teacher to see what they say.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2018, 03:44:18 AM »

If these things have dinners or other events they can be useful for networking and making contacts.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2018, 10:31:26 PM »

After giving it some thought and talking to some people I’ve decided to join Phi Theta Kappa - Alpha Xi Iota Chapter Honor Society —- even though I’m not entirely sure how to pronounce the name of the organization
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:44:31 PM by bob » Logged

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2018, 05:08:08 PM »

I think I might be spending too much time on school stuff because I've had school related dreams the last 2 days  Question Question Question

dean

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2018, 02:13:43 AM »

I think I might be spending too much time on school stuff because I've had school related dreams the last 2 days  Question Question Question

I once did an essay on Vampire myth in the media and as research I watched every vampire movie I hadn't already seen at my local video store.

My dreams were certainly very strange that week...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2018, 10:40:51 PM »

All my midterm grades are posted

I rule

Straight A’s 😁😁😁😁😁

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2018, 04:59:09 AM »

Congratulations. Keep it up.  Cheers Cheers

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2018, 03:34:14 PM »

So much has happened since I last updated this. I'll get into it once I complete the last 2 big projects I need to officially end my semester.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 03:36:38 PM by bob » Logged

316zombie
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2018, 02:05:50 PM »

you are kickin butt, good on you , bob! Cheers
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2018, 05:13:51 PM »

Straight A’s

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2018, 02:28:35 AM »

Well done!  Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2018, 10:34:49 AM »

First of all, congrats! Education is rewarding all on its own (but new/more job prospects definitely help).

Never think you are too old; I dropped out as an undergrad and returned a few years later and finished my BA (and I was a little bit older than my classmates). When I worked at the university library, I'd see many older folks (even ones in their 70s) who continuously kept pursuing more education. It's never too late. I can't wait to retire so I can go back to college just for the sake of it.

Secondly, to the previous poster: that's an awesome Aphex Twin logo/avatar.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2018, 04:17:07 PM »

So this is what I’ve been up to since mid- February:

My math and English classes left me in various states of confusion, especially the math class. My final projects for my both classes took up the bulk of my time the last week and a half of the semester.

I’m all registered for next semester. While meeting with my advisor for classes I learned how to file an official complaint against my math teacher. However, the school is changing servers or something involving where all the online classes are. That is where most of the evidence of against the teacher is, but if somehow everything from my classes last semester is erased by the time I can log into it I guess I won’t file the complaint because it seems stupid to me do make accusations of what happened without any proof if it. Either way, I’m hoping things will be much better next semester as I have this teacher for 2 classes.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2018, 09:08:29 PM »

so nice I did it twice

316zombie
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2018, 07:03:08 PM »

bravo! Cheers
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.