Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:23:14 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Author Topic: I'm going back to school  (Read 48442 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2018, 05:22:04 PM »

I start up again on September 4.

I have 2 classes with that awful teacher I had last semester and decided that if she screws up horribly again I will file a complaint against her - she literally had all summer to double check links to things to make sure they work.

One unexpected benefit of joining the honor society is that I will be changing auto insurance companies due to a discount. If I keep my current level of coverage my bill will literally be cut in half. If I add a lot more coverage I will save $2 over the same time frame.

I'm going into the field for one of my classes. This should be interesting. I'm a little anxious about this. No where on the school website does it indicate if I have to set up somethings for myself or if the school is for me. Either way, I'm reviewing my books from last semester as a refresher - I figured I couldn't hurt.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2018, 03:14:30 AM »

Best of luck with it. How long do you have left to go now until you are finished?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2018, 08:22:58 AM »

Assuming there are no issues with any classes and everything I need is offered, next May.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2018, 03:26:55 PM »

I'm rereading my digital math textbook and I had to share this.

316zombie
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2018, 05:12:31 PM »

BounceGiggle Cheers
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2018, 06:13:18 PM »

Every semester since I made the decision to go back to school I've been ripped off horribly for the 3 ring binders I had to buy: I just bought 4 3-ring binders for $4 a piece for the upcoming semester and these ones were on sale.  Thumbdown

316zombie
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2018, 06:42:51 PM »

if you need some for next semester and you don't mind" vintage" binders, PM me. i'll send you as many as you need just for the shipping price. i just donated all the genealogy stuff that was in them to ancestry. com, since my and my hubby's family's all have copies now.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2018, 05:08:22 PM »

First day of the new semester was today. Not a good one for me. I kept a textbook from last semester because a teacher said I'd need it for a class I'm currently enrolled in. That is not the case and I bought a book I needed for a class earlier today, hoping I don't need it for something before it arrives. Additionally, the teacher who kept screwing up links last semester did that in both classes I have with her. I've decided I'm already going to file an official complaint at the end of the semester. I really hope I don't have her next semester.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2018, 05:31:27 PM »

This past week sucked. I literally spent 5 days working on an assignment where I had to find information about/read 14 books. My plan was to catch up on the rest of my stuff yesterday but the online server for the school went down. As a result I literally cannot see what assignments I have to do, I literally cannot submit any finished work or work on anything until it's back up. It's still down. All I could do was pick up 2 books from the library I needed for an assignment, but I can't completely remember what I'm supposed to do with the information I read about from them. I'm f**ked. I'm hoping the teachers will understand if I need extension for things that were due last night through the middle of next week.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2018, 06:07:19 AM »

Pretty sure they will be understanding given it is something outside your control and surely all the students are going to be similarly affected.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2018, 05:25:12 PM »

My whole class got an extension for the thing that was due Friday night.  Smile

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2018, 08:00:34 PM »

It has been a hectic last two weeks with school stuff between an assignment that ate up most of my time last week and BlackBoard being down most of last weekend. I've been playing catchup and putting in a lot of extra time this past week to make up for the 2 days BlackBoard was down, but I'm all caught up.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2018, 10:08:55 AM »

my internship this semester will be starting soon...…..should be interesting

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2018, 02:50:26 PM »

Today I submitted an application for an academic scholarship. Even if I do not get one, knowing that I finally have a realistic chance to get one and finally filled out one is a major accomplishment for me. In high school my grades were never the best. At Parkside my grades were touch and go for the most part, but I did make the Dean's List my final semester there. Since enrolling at Gateway I've made the Dean's List every semester, including a perfect 4.0 last semester, and joined the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. I'm older, wiser and finally learned how to buckle down. Here's to hoping.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2018, 03:11:35 PM »

Congratulations and I hope the last stretch goes well. It had been interesting watching your progress here so far.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.