Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:05:44 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: I'm going back to school  (Read 48443 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2018, 07:43:18 AM »

I'm rereading my digital math textbook and I had to share this.

BounceGiggle TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2018, 04:51:41 PM »

My internship starts tomorrow and my sleep schedule will be altered. I'm not a morning person, but because it took the college about a month to find a school for me and the schools background check took about a week for them to complete I'm kind of stuck with the hours because I need to get 72 before the semester ends. I'll be a zombie for a bit until my body gets used to it.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2018, 05:20:29 PM »

I've been really busy since the internship started. The teacher who is my supervisor is great. There is a lot of Star Wars stuff in her room along with a literal "Rock Wall" pictured below.

My body has adjusted to being much more active earlier in the day then it was before the internship stared and my sleep schedule has been altered. The big draw back besides needing all the hours in a short period time, as I mentioned above, is that the hours I'm doing the internship were what I had set aside for my school stuff, and this case my other classes. It's been tricky getting the timing correct. The last two weeks I had a big thing due each week that I turned in literally hours before they were due as a result of the time crunch.

I've been ok at managing it so far, but now is the mid point in the semester -  every semester after the midpoint I get a lot more things that need to be done for all my classes.

I also have a big project which involves be getting involved in a community activity where I don't get paid for my services that I haven't started yet. It only requires two hours of my time but it's been pretty difficult to find something that would qualify for this per the criteria. I'll figure it out.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2018, 03:17:44 PM »

today was pretty awesome - I finally got to do something besides just sit, observe and take notes

I got the worst behaved kid in the class to focus on what he was reading, not be distracted by other students behavior, got him to sound out words he was having trouble with and had him explain what we were reading (I was reading along with him)

extra bonus points because we were reading a Star Wars book

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2018, 03:00:27 PM »

today I helped 2 students with math

I think this really well considering I do not like math and working with 2 students at once was a little tougher then I expected

also on my way out of class today some of my 3rd graders hugged me  Smile Thumbup

and one of the teachers at the school was really impressed that I'm also taking 3 classes on top of the internship

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2018, 05:48:44 PM »

today was nice - I taught a student what an aisle is  Smile

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2018, 09:11:42 AM »

I've been really tired the last 2 weeks because of the hours I need for the internship combined with the college taking much longer then I would've liked to find a school for me. I think I'll make the 72 hours. But, I'm still struggling with the time management for my other classes as this internship has ate pretty much all the time I used for school stuff the past year. I just didn't have time to finish things until a few hours before they were due and I hate that.

I found something for my community project which I need to contact the person in charge it.

I'm also almost done with my 40 book project which has been a real time eater, but an enjoyable one for the most part.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2018, 02:24:31 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

Aisle give you + 1 karma for that  Wink

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2018, 04:39:28 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

Even though it is only Tuesday Trevor, I am going to give you my most groanworthy pun of the week award. :P

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2018, 07:14:56 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

Even though it is only Tuesday Trevor, I am going to give you my most groanworthy pun of the week award. :P

TeddyR TeddyR

Thanks: those terrible puns - end my bed Eengrish - come courtesy of five years in an English Public School.  Smile

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2018, 08:03:52 PM »

TeddyR TeddyR

I love me some bad jokes and puns  TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2018, 04:49:57 PM »

Today I got the entire class to be in awe and shocked at me. Usually I  keep my voice at a quiet level, taking a lot of notes and helping the students with whatever - usually reading and math.

Today I saw the worst behaved student in the class was not keeping his hands to himself and was punching another student or play fighting, I couldn't tell. As this as going on the entire class was very loud and my supervising teacher was organizing something at her desk and couldn't see what was going on because of where she was sitting. I raised my voice, so it was above that of the class and said keep your hands to yourself. He stopped and my supervising teacher was impressed at my actions.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2018, 08:52:25 AM »

Over 100% - in all my classes, just need to finish strong -- then I can catch up in sleep when I'm done.

I'm all registered for next semester. I'm disappointed that I won't have a class with my favorite teacher and have 2 with the one who I've had issues with. Oh well.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2018, 03:08:46 PM »

my supervising teacher thought this was my last week, it isn't I decided that will be next week, and told the class

some of the students wrote me good bye letters

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2018, 01:34:54 AM »

Today I got the entire class to be in awe and shocked at me. Usually I  keep my voice at a quiet level, taking a lot of notes and helping the students with whatever - usually reading and math.

Today I saw the worst behaved student in the class was not keeping his hands to himself and was punching another student or play fighting, I couldn't tell. As this as going on the entire class was very loud and my supervising teacher was organizing something at her desk and couldn't see what was going on because of where she was sitting. I raised my voice, so it was above that of the class and said keep your hands to yourself. He stopped and my supervising teacher was impressed at my actions.

Thumbup Thumbup

I once had a student fall asleep in a lecture I was giving: I actually had to tap on the desk before he woke up. I didn't think that I was THAT boring a speaker  Buggedout

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.