Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:15:09 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Author Topic: I'm going back to school  (Read 48441 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2018, 08:43:37 PM »

finally finished the 40 book project - 3 weeks before it's due

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2018, 12:15:20 PM »

Last Friday was my last day at the school — that was a little rougher then I expected it to be, especially after 2 students hugged me after I gave my goodbye address to the class.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2018, 01:27:13 PM »

Congratulations and well done.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2018, 11:50:40 PM »

completely done with 1 class - 3 left

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2018, 11:56:16 PM »

Good for you! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2018, 10:37:57 PM »

I just noticed that I'm over 100% in all my classes

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2018, 10:32:56 AM »

I've been done with completely done my classes for a few days now.

I'm a little upset that the one big thing that really concerned me for a class that was time consuming a section of a portfolio I needed to have done by the end of next semester, the reason that I choose to leave my internship when I did well after I met the hours I needed for it and got my evaluation from my supervising teacher, the teacher decided that it didn't need to be done.

So in theory essentially I left my internship for nothing, but I really needed the extra free time for other things for classes so it kind of worked out.

I'm still a little confused about what needs to go into the portfolio, but I think I figured out what needs to be in it. I'm going to be working on this during my break. I said think because even after I emailed the teacher asking for clarification she said that what I have in there for now is ok and that I need to finish it before the end of next semester - which I think is a cop out.

I also learned this morning that I got a scholarship for next semester.  TeddyR

It won't cover my entire tuition, but it will cover the entire cost of 1 of my classes and a little bit more. I also don't need to buy any books for any classes next semester, which is a small victory.

I'm still waiting for 1 unofficial grade for a class to be posted, but so far so good, with 1 official one being posted already.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2018, 11:49:02 AM »

I've been done with completely done my classes for a few days now.

I'm a little upset that the one big thing that really concerned me for a class that was time consuming a section of a portfolio I needed to have done by the end of next semester, the reason that I choose to leave my internship when I did well after I met the hours I needed for it and got my evaluation from my supervising teacher, the teacher decided that it didn't need to be done.

So in theory essentially I left my internship for nothing, but I really needed the extra free time for other things for classes so it kind of worked out.

I'm still a little confused about what needs to go into the portfolio, but I think I figured out what needs to be in it. I'm going to be working on this during my break. I said think because even after I emailed the teacher asking for clarification she said that what I have in there for now is ok and that I need to finish it before the end of next semester - which I think is a cop out.

I also learned this morning that I got a scholarship for next semester.  TeddyR

It won't cover my entire tuition, but it will cover the entire cost of 1 of my classes and a little bit more. I also don't need to buy any books for any classes next semester, which is a small victory.

I'm still waiting for 1 unofficial grade for a class to be posted, but so far so good, with 1 official one being posted already.

Congratulations on your scholarship!  Thumbup

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2018, 03:22:33 PM »

only 1 grade is officially posted, but using the on-line website and checking the grade section I unofficially finished with over 100% in all my classes

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2018, 03:35:01 PM »

I'm incredibly confused by the portfolio --- it reads like double talk at parts

It says need to get 2 artifacts for X number of things and meet 10 requirements --- which would mean I need to find 20 artifacts

but, in the reading rubric for it says I need to meet 40+ requirements wit 2 requirements for it

I've been working on this thing for hours since I got done with the semester and if the professor bothered to answer about my questions I would feel much more at ease with this thing

I hate it

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2018, 06:50:24 PM »

and now it's official - I got a letter saying I've been awarded the scholarship 😁😁

I scored a major victory today - not getting raked over coals for the cost of two 3 ring binders. I paid under $5 for the total cost of them. Each previous semester I had to pay anywhere from $3 to $5 per binder.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2018, 04:01:40 AM »

Shame you don't live a bit closer to where I am. We have a cupboard where stationary supplies go to die on the off chance that one day they might be useful. There is a stack of assorted ring binders in there and I am sure no one would have minded if I'd liberated a few for you.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2018, 05:41:48 PM »

Bob, saw this and though it might interest you.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2018, 10:31:35 AM »

I'm thankful you thought of me, but I don't need any books this upcoming semester

if I saw this ad when I first went back to school....I would've saved myself a lot of money

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2019, 05:19:17 PM »

I'm inching closer to the finish line: I just applied for graduation at the end of the upcoming semester.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.