Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:30:59 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: I'm going back to school  (Read 48411 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2019, 04:58:01 PM »

Classes started up again today. Like clockwork there were a few emails in my college email account from other college asking me to join them. I'm still incredibly stressed/hating that portfolio I need to have done by the end of this semester having hit a wall with as far as I can get on my own without any guidance from a professor. I made great strides on during it during my break but I'm stuck, or I did a lot more work for it then I needed to - depending on how much I need to do. I'm still not pleased the professor I had last semester basically punted my questions I had about it last semester. I'm going to email my professor I have for the class that I need to have it done for tomorrow.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2019, 02:40:02 PM »

Here's my early take on my classes so far:

My science class isn't as tricky as I expected.

I can tell already that my Technology and Resource class will be a pain in the butt.

So far, pretty much nothing has been going on my internship class. I've had to fill out a few things and submit them to my professor which she will then use to find a teacher that will let me student teach under his/her supervision. The schedule of assignments she has for the entire class I think is a little ambitious. She has everything set on the assumption she can find a teacher willing to let the entire class working under the supervision of someone by January 21. This was about the same timeline that my internship was supposed so start last semester, about 3 weeks into the semester, and it took well beyond that for my professor to find a teacher that was willing to let me student teach under her supervision.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2019, 05:55:41 PM »

Update:

I'm pretty bored because I'm a week or 2 ahead in my 2 classes unrelated to my internship.

At the same time my internship still hasn't started because the professor, even though it literally said in the syllabus that she would set it up for me, hasn't.  She also decided that even though part of the schedule is to contact her by  a certain date to let her know I'm having issues and she'd get the ball in motion was optional. She told me it's on me on feed back from an assignment week or so ago.

As a result I've been sending out "please let me internship here" emails. I'm filing a complaint against her. This is dumb and I'm p**sed off. I'm also pretty sure I'll be scrambling all semester with my non internship classes cuz of the time commitment I need to meet,  just like last semester. f**king dumb.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2019, 06:06:32 PM »

Sorry to hear that Bob. Hope you get it sorted out.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2019, 09:09:38 AM »

If you told me when I was in high school just scraping by with mainly C's that I'd be getting scholarship down the road I would've said you're nuts.

This happened yesterday at a ceremony.

I'm still very much ahead in 2 classes, but in a state of constant confusion in my Technology and Media Resources course.

I'm getting the ball rolling on finally starting my internship. The polar vortex has made it impossible for individuals to access their school district email at home, so the email exchange I have been doing with a principal has been at a stand still.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2019, 09:36:57 PM »

This arrived in the mail today

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2019, 09:20:55 PM »

Congratulations and well-done!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2019, 11:14:42 PM »

Tomorrow I will be interviewed by the principal of the school I'm hoping to finally start my internship at. I think this is kind of weird because I was just let in last semester after that school found a teacher willing to let me work with her. Whatever.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2019, 08:58:20 AM »

My internship finally starts tomorrow. This is way different then last semester as I will be rotating between 3 classrooms under the supervision of 4 different teachers. Additionally, I will be helping to  supervising recess --- something I did maybe 10 total times last semester.

Naturally I have a lot of things related to the internship class, which I literally cannot start until the internship began, due Monday night because my professor who was supposed to set this up for me a while ago didn't. Essentially, I will be spending a chunk of tomorrow just doing things related to this class.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2019, 08:47:02 PM »

I've been at the internship for 8 days now and it's been interesting.

I've definitely gained more patience, something I've sorely lacked.

It's kind of weird rotating between three classrooms.

I've also noticed that the special education students I've been working with are more affectionate then the group of third graders I worked with last semester.

Also, on my first day I saw a fight on the playground --- which was most unexpected.

I'm very much ahead in my other 2 classes.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2019, 03:25:02 AM »

Also, on my first day I saw a fight on the playground --- which was most unexpected.

I started that one  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2019, 10:12:09 PM »

Today I finally found where a bathroom is in the school - granted, not the staff one but I’ll use it if need be

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2019, 07:29:23 PM »

I've been incredibly busy with my classes.

My professor for my internship class is still useless. A huge chunk of my grade my internship class is based on her supervising me in one of the three classrooms I'm rotating between. I emailed her 3 weeks ago to set a date and time and didn't receive a replay. I emailed her again last week and have not received a reply.

I am to mail her the hours I've been at the school last month. I had all my cooperating teachers sign the form with the hours filled in for each day I was there. No where has the teacher provided the specific labeling I am to use for mailing address for the college where her office is.

Today I got a certificate in the mail saying that I graduated my program last December. I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm learning towards emailing my advisor because I'm pretty sure this was a mistake.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2019, 03:22:45 PM »

this morning a 2nd grader used the f-word directed at me....I'm still kind of shocked by this

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2019, 02:47:41 AM »

this morning a 2nd grader used the f-word directed at me....I'm still kind of shocked by this

Buggedout Buggedout

I once had a student fall asleep on me in class - I lecture about 3 times a year - but I never have had any f bombs dropped on me.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 06:41:55 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm going back to school « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.