Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:03:19 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  I Set 'Em Up, You Knock 'Em Down Part II « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I Set 'Em Up, You Knock 'Em Down Part II  (Read 9574 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 09, 2017, 08:22:30 PM »

Okay, yes, this has been a looong time coming, but I've had a lot of things going on and this kind of got shoved to the back burner.  But, we're back.

To recap the rules: I'm going to write a short scenario in a narrative and/or script style format, setting up the scene and a dialog train.  When I stop, the scene will be set up perfectly for a comedic one liner.  I'll provide a sample joke to get you going, then you come in with YOUR best line.  The winner (as chosen by me) gets free karma!  Or heck, I might just give karma to anyone who makes me laugh..

Anyway, here you go!

(Scene: interior HOSPITAL.)

(A group of intern students huddle in front of a doctor as he presents a picture of a patient on the wall. The patient is female, with pale skin, dark hair, and looks like she's comatose.)

Doctor (speaking solemnly): And our next patient here is one Emily Rousseau.  She's been a guest at our facility for nearly a decade.  Years of abuse and trauma that she suffered as a child has caused her mind to fragment into several dissociations-

(Student raises hand)

Doctor: Yes?

Student: You mean, other personalities?

Doctor: Well, as you know, we do not use the phrase "multiple personality disorder" anymore.  We call it "dissociative identity disorder" now, as it seems more fitting.  But, yes, within Mrs Rousseau, there at least four distinct identities, each with their own set traits and characteristics.  In addition, we've counted at least five other "alters" that seem to have one or two distinct traits but fall far, far short of being anything recognizable as a real person.

(end scene)

My quip:
Student: Oh, you mean, like characters in a Michael Bay film?

Alright, now it's your chance to do better!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 06:44:05 PM by AoTFan » Logged
Pacman000
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 11:45:09 AM »

Okay, yes, this has been a looong time coming, but I've had a lot of things going on and this kind of got shoved to the back burner.  But, we're back.

To recap the rules: I'm going to write a short scenario in a narrative and/or script style format, setting up the scene and a dialog train.  When I stop, the scene will be set up perfectly for a comedic one liner.  I'll provide a sample joke to get you going, then you come in with YOUR best line.  The winner (as chosen by me) gets free karma!  Or heck, I might just give karma to anyone who makes me laugh..

Anyway, here you go!

(Scene: interior HOSPITAL.)

(A group of intern students huddle in front of a doctor and he presents a picture of a patient on the wall. The patient is female, with pale skin, dark hair, and looks like she's comatose.)

Doctor (speaking solemnly): And our next patient here is one Emily Rousseau.  She's been a guest at our facility for nearly a decade.  Years of abuse and trauma that she suffered as a child has caused her mind to fragment into several dissociations-

(Student raises hand)

Doctor: Yes?

Student: You mean, other personalities?

Doctor: Well, as you know, we do not use the phrase "multiple personality disorder" anymore.  We call it "dissociative identity disorder" now, as it seems more fitting.  But, yes, within Mrs Rousseau, there at least four distinct identities within her, each with their own set traits and characteristics.  In addition, we've counted at least five other "alters" that seem to have one or two distinct traits but fall far, far short of being anything recognizable as a real person.

Student: How about animals? Are they recognizable as animals? Plants? Rocks?
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 01:47:09 PM »

Student: "I bet she has a b***h of a time getting enough tickets for Broadway shows."

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  I Set 'Em Up, You Knock 'Em Down Part II « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.