Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:58:59 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Katzman or Arkoff who ya got? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Katzman or Arkoff who ya got?  (Read 2012 times)
major jay
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 13, 2017, 05:21:56 PM »

Here's an edited rundown of films they produced
Katzman: THE GIANT CLAW, EARTH VS THE FLYING SAUCERS, THE WEREWOLF, ZOMBIES OF MORA TAU, JUNGLE JIM SERIES, IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA, HOT RODS TO HELL, CREATURE WITH THE ATOM BRAIN, THE BOWERY BOYS/EASTSIDE KIDS SERIES
Samuel  Arkoff: THE DAY THE WORLD ENDED, EARTH VS THE SPIDER, X THE MAN WITH X-RAY EYES, INVASION OF THE SAUCER MEN, VOODOO WOMAN, MUSCLE  BEACH PARTY, DR GOLDFOOT AND THE BIKINI MACHINE, HIGH SCHOOL  HELLCATS
They're both legends, but who's your favorite? It's a tough choice, but I gotta go with Katzman. He backed more sci-fi and horror than Arkoff. 

major jay

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:52:02 PM »

So I'm the only one sailing this boat?  TeddyR

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 05:38:15 PM »

Katzman wins on sheer "Let's make this happen!" gusto while Arkoff had better people and, often, his stuff looked better.

Katzman edges slightly ahead because of gusto.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 12:01:47 PM »

I want the OP to continue to post on topics that interest. I may not reply to the post, but I do read all the new posts. As for the original post . . .

Total films produced
Arkoff 143
Katzman 241

Films seen
Arkoff 20%
Katzman 2%
Arkoff wins that battle.

Films liked
Arkoff 59%
Katzman 80%
Katzman wins that battle. Maybe because I have seen fewer of his films.

As for who wins the war, looking at both men, I see that they don't make men like that anymore in Hollywood, and that makes me sad.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 04:57:43 PM »

This IS tough!
Katzman did more-but more isn't always better! He DID do Lugosi's Monograms...but most were barley watchable.He did do lotsa great,fun movies-no doubt about that!
Arkoff-I can watch his stuff-off ALL genres-all day long.He did all of the AIP Price/Poe films,plus his Phibes films;blaxploitation
classics like ABBY (1974) the BLACULA movies and my favorite Pam Grier film-COFFY (1973),my favorite biker movie the WILD ANGELS (1967)-plus!-my favorite AIP scifi of all time-IT CONQUERED THE WORLD !Arkoff wins for me.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Katzman or Arkoff who ya got? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.