Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:14:09 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I drove past a disaster half an hour after it happened today « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I drove past a disaster half an hour after it happened today  (Read 2847 times)
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 21, 2017, 04:56:44 AM »

This morning, I was on my way to work with my business partner.  We entered the freeway, only to find the traffic slower than usual.

As we continued, traffic became slower and slower.  At first I thought it was a traffic accident, and was trying to gauge the speed of the different lanes to figure out where it had happened.

Police cars came screaming up through the traffic, making us pull aside to let them through.  Traffic came to a standstill, and that was when we saw the helicopters.

First there was only one.  Then two.  In total, there were  five helicopters, and traffic moved at a glacial rate.  It showed us that something bad was afoot, so I asked my business partner to look up breaking news on her phone.

She suddenly exclaimed that a plane had crashed into a major shopping centre that was on the edge of the freeway, only half an hour ago.  It was like a bomb went off, taking out a part of the building and sending debris flying on to the freeway.

We managed to get through before they closed off that section of the freeway.  But five people died in that crash, and cars were destroyed in the fire.  As we drove past the shopping centre, a cloud of smoke still hung in the air.

My heart goes out to the people who lost their lives, and their families.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-21/five-passenger-plane-crashes-near-melbournes-essendon-airport/8288964

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 07:25:38 AM »

That made the news here in Texas this morning.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 08:11:49 AM »

That made the news here in Texas this morning.

And here a while back: very sad.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 09:46:01 AM »

I once heard a plane crash. They're awful. Glad the timing was such that you were all right. Poor victims.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 10:00:39 AM »

Yeah I saw that too on the news this morning

A couple weeks ago we had a semi catch fire on the highway near the family farm.  My uncle had to take a tractor up to push the bales off so they could put them out.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 12:01:21 PM »

me too I was driving by a skatepark! wakka wakka wakka (it's a trick)

dean

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 06:30:59 AM »

Considering I've been driving past that spot a ton this last week I'm suprised I wasn't in the area when it happened. The stupidest thing though is that since it happened near the freeway people were apparently stopping to have a look which is ridiculously stupid, especially since it's so busy in that spot most of the time.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Archivist

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 12:43:06 AM »

Considering I've been driving past that spot a ton this last week I'm suprised I wasn't in the area when it happened. The stupidest thing though is that since it happened near the freeway people were apparently stopping to have a look which is ridiculously stupid, especially since it's so busy in that spot most of the time.

It boggles my mind that people would stop to have a look at that crash.  For readers who don't know the area, the accident happened right on the edge of the a freeway.  It's a 80kph zone, which is about 50mph?  And it's a freeway, you don't stop on a freeway.

It was really surreal.  The depth of the tragedy didn't really strike me until the end of the day, when I was able to read the news reports.  At that time, all we could see was a conga-line of slow traffic, the sky filled with helicopters, police cars in abundance and a thin cloud of grey smoke over the building.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 05:59:47 PM »

Oh, Lord...
I submit my sympathy, Compadre. Another reminder 'there but for the grace of God goes me."

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 03:49:22 PM »

I just remembered, a few years ago there was a crash a couple miles from my house that killed a political candidate.  He was also a pilot and he was flying back home from a political event when he crashed.  It was on the same road my brother lived on so my Grandma kept asking if he had seen the crash.  It was about a mile away from his house.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I drove past a disaster half an hour after it happened today « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.