Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:52:00 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Preternatural Experiences? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Preternatural Experiences?  (Read 5968 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 08:45:33 AM »

I also seen "shadow people" hanging over my bed screaming at me.

That happened to me when I was at college: my roommates got fed up with my snoring.  Wink

No-really Trev-I have had that happen to me so many times. It's an unreal experiance for sure. I thought,when I was a kid-it was ghosts. As I got older-I thought they were aliens. It's neither. Its just my f**ked up mind.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 05:24:22 AM »

This is remarkable-if it's true- I don't doubt your honesty.But This sounds like a casebook. It's just too weird. If what you say is true-thats f**kin'crazy. I believe YOU believe. That distrubs me. As it should.Forgive me for not jumping on this bandwagon. I DO believe what you say is true-I just can't wrap my head around it at the moment.I'm sure that happened to you-but I won't bet money that it's not just some kinda hysteria. Folks like to make things bigger than they are. I'm just saying what most folks would. PROVE IT. Then-and only then-will I believe it. Of course you can't-any more than anything I say I saw. We're f**ked.Nobody is gonna believe i saw "flying saucers". I trust you-but most folks won't.

Well, this isn't something I usually brag about but I do mention it when there's a discussion about this kind of topic. These are things that did happen but they didn't happen all at once. It's like, this one thing would occur and then nothing for years. But once you list all the incidents it just sounds crazy.
claws
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 05:52:55 AM »

I was trying to remember more stuff while at work yesterday  TeddyR

My sister with the tiny triangle shaped metal in her lungs also doesn't believe in UFOs. She remembers an incident she now thinks was (probably) a dream. As a child, a strange person appeared in her room at night. Her room was filled with rainbow colored lights while the person was speaking to her. Back then she thought it was real, thinking back she isn't so sure anymore.

When we lived in Louisiana, we used to play in our backyard as kids with neighbourhood kids. The yard connected to a forest. One time while playing there was a sudden bright lighting flash, but no thunder or any indication of an approaching storm. My youngest sister (about four years old back then) was like paralyzed after the flash. Like, she just stood there with her eyes wide open but couldn't move and didn't respond. My oldest sister ran back to the house to get my mother and mom couldn't get her to move or respond either. This went on for several minutes and before my mom decided to take her to emergency my youngest sister "snapped" out of her paralyzation.

Maybe it was some sort of shock reaction to the lighting but it was super weird and we sometimes still talk about this strange incident.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 08:08:37 PM »

I've detailed a lot of the stuff that's happened to me before in previous threads...I've had several what I believe to be ghostly encounters - most of which happened when I was a kid. As a kid, I saw a skeleton like figure hovering outside a window which was located much too far above the ground for anybody to be standing there. Later on, I had an experience which terrified me beyond belief (from discussing it with others online, the closest thing to it seems to be the Wendigo) of a pale skinny super tall figure which seemed to change from an Indian like appearance in the distance to a figure which had an head similar to a deer atop a skinnier Bigfoot-like body. The thing filled me with dread, it gave off the odor of sulfur - like the worst rotten eggs smell you ever experienced - it felt like it was going to chase me almost like it blended with the clouds in the sky as it gave chase - I ran from it faster than I can ever recall running from anything before and just as I thought it was too late, I seemed to come out of where it could get to me as almost I was somehow now in a safe zone as I approached home.  I've read about sightings possibly meaning terrible events will happen in the near future and indeed several terrible tragedies did happen in my small town and some which did affect my own family.

I've had the Old Hag experience - this happened to me while trying to sleep in the daylight hours - with it, I could hear something in the distance climbing the stairs and I just have this overwhelming sense of dread, I just knew something not at all nice was there...then it got even worse, I heard it cackling, heard it scratching the wall as it approached, heard the footsteps slowly approach until suddenly the door to where I was sleeping came open but when I looked I saw nothing there, suddenly out of nowhere I felt it atop me and saw the most horrid looking old hag like woman straddling atop my chest trying to choke the life out of me...it took everything I had in me to scream , to move, to shake this thing off of me as I felt frozen for what seemed forever although it was probably only a few minutes. Finally I was somehow able to scream and move and with everything in me push the crushing weight off of me. Of course I woke up in a sweat and there was nothing nowhere to be seen from thereafter.

I also had an experience with a sheet-like ghost figure that did similar to the Old Hag (this was when I was boarding in the city while attending university) being a weight on my chest and struggling with a sheet-like ghost which seemed to be attacking me in my sleep but when I pulled the sheet off there was nothing there and something pushed me with enough force against the head board to the bed I cut and bruised my hand.

Aside from that, I've seen some strange unexplained lights in the night sky but I can't really say they were UFOs at all, just lights that seem to appear out of nowhere and suddenly disappear. Also saw a few lights and smoke-like red and/or blue vapor in the sky while fishing that looked like something might have exploded in the sky but there was no noise of any kind associated with any of it.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 08:41:18 PM »

I've had the Old Hag experience - this happened to me while trying to sleep in the daylight hours - with it, I could hear something in the distance climbing the stairs and I just have this overwhelming sense of dread, I just knew something not at all nice was there...then it got even worse, I heard it cackling, heard it scratching the wall as it approached, heard the footsteps slowly approach until suddenly the door to where I was sleeping came open but when I looked I saw nothing there, suddenly out of nowhere I felt it atop me and saw the most horrid looking old hag like woman straddling atop my chest trying to choke the life out of me...it took everything I had in me to scream , to move, to shake this thing off of me as I felt frozen for what seemed forever although it was probably only a few minutes. Finally I was somehow able to scream and move and with everything in me push the crushing weight off of me. Of course I woke up in a sweat and there was nothing nowhere to be seen from thereafter.

That was an almost word for word match for the Old Hag encounters a friend of mine used to have, right down to the cackling and the dread at knowing she was approaching. I've known of people who believe the Old Hag is actually real. I once said I wouldn't mind experiencing her just once, and he said no you wouldn't.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2017, 09:32:29 PM »

No you wouldn't....it felt like a battle for my life.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 01:51:26 PM »

I wrote about this family anecdote in a sort of personal history project of mine in early 2006. In fact, this is what I put there....

My grandfather’s godfather was a lawyer who had a reputation for honesty and diligence, and he and his wife had a large family of children. Their youngest child, a little girl, came  eight years after her next-oldest sibling, and she was doted on, almost like a grandchild. One day at dinner on Sunday afternoon, the little girl, age five, startled her loved-ones by saying, “Isn’t it sad how this is the last time we’ll all eat together this way?” 

Her father asked her what she meant, but the girl got vague and self-conscious. Even though her words were dismissed as a child’s way of talking, it did dampen dinner a little, and the family discussed the comment behind the little girl’s back. Everyone was probably anxious for the next Sunday to come so that they could all be together and prove the words wrong, but that didn’t happen.

On Wednesday, the little girl fell ill with diphtheria, then a serious childhood disease, and late on Saturday she died. The Sunday before was, as she foretold, the last time they all ate together around the table.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2017, 11:03:03 AM »

This isn't exactly a preternatural experience but it was funny if you were there to see it.

In June 1996, the summer before twelfth grade, I was driving around late at night with my friend Rob and this girl from Kentucky named Bethany, with whom he was semi-going out, and it was, like, late, past one or so, and we were aimlessly driving through absolutely lightless Midwestern farm country, when Rob, who'd been knocking back Mountain Dews all night, cheerfully announced with all the tact for which teenage boys are noted, that he needed to see a man about a snake.

So we pulled over and since this was the middle of nowhere, nothing around, he hopped out and walked a bit off the road to pee in the bushes, and Bethany half jokingly said we should drive off and leave him for a few minutes, but I said I had something better.

So I took out this tape that had Tubular Bells on it, the Exorcist music, and played it REAL LOUD, knowing Rob had been terrified by that music since he was a toddler, and as soon as he heard it blaring in the night, he turned around and ran full tilt at the car screaming, "Oh my God, drive, drive, drive!" And he was still like "hanging out" and peeing while he ran toward us arms pumping at his sides to get more speed going, it was....omg I never thought I'd hit pay dirt like that.

Bethany and I were laughing so hard I couldn't have driven even if we were in mortal danger.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2017, 07:08:51 PM »

I've heard stories from family and close friends (hasn't happened to me) of having been visited at night by the spirit of a loved one who recently passed - of it having helped these people feel better and assured their loved one was in a better place...

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2017, 07:35:07 PM »

Yeah, I've heard of those too. A friend of mine felt he came awake one night and had a conversation with his deceased brother, in which his brother described his sudden death as "I took too much and just went to sleep." While my friend acknowledged that this was likely a dream, it did give him a certain peace. The house where that dream/visit/whatever occurred truly did have some incredibly odd goings-on there, one of which happened to me. (Not worth re-telling, trust me, not dramatic and it'd take a long time to set up the explanation.) The house itself was only built in the 1980s, so it wasn't old or seemingly sinister, though the way it was sited atop this sharp hill with a long flight of stairs leading to the front door was a little crazy.

I've had dreams about talking to lost loved ones, but in my case I don't think they were anything but dreams coughed out by a grieving mind. I also think that while, okay, when people see ghosts and aliens as they're coming awake, it could be because they're in a half and half state that leaves them open to that, but a more likely explanation would seem to be you're physically awake but your mind is still partly dreaming.

I also was a small part of what I guess was a sort of shared mass hysteria....sadness, something, that happened when I was part of a little group in 2001 that hopped a fence to get into a cemetery one night to leave some things on the grave of a boy who'd recently died, whom I didn't know well but the others did, and I'm not going to say what overcame us soon after was "otherworldly" but it was very strange the way this sense of gloomy terror seemed to hit us all back at a house, like a delayed reaction. It was like crowd behavior, or a shared infectious overreaction that was downright creepy.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2017, 06:46:31 AM »

I've had dreams about talking to lost loved ones, but in my case I don't think they were anything but dreams coughed out by a grieving mind.

My Dad passed in 2008 and I went through a horrible time after that: I actually genuinely considered suicide but those plans were abruptly and permanently put on hold when my very special sister adopted an orphaned child and shortly thereafter, discovered she was three months pregnant. When I held those kids in my arms at their christenings, I realized that I had to be there for them.

I visited them a few years later and my sister suggested I drive back to my hotel over this mountain pass www.chapmanspeakdrive.co.za and up there, I stopped and let Dad go as his passing had haunted me in visions and guilt for years prior.

This was a "lifting of a weight" feeling which felt great until the high winds up there nearly blew me over the cliff.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 08:53:03 AM »

Not something that happened to me personally, but my best friends family when I was 12 or 13, Mark.

His dad Johnny was in the merchant navy. One night, while at home he'd woken up and said he'd saw an old couple standing at the bottom of his bed. They were dressed in old fashioned clothes and the man was cradling his head as if it was in pain. Some time later he was cleaning out his attic and found an old photo album of his wifes family that he hadn't seen before. Flicking through it he freaked out when one of the pictures was of the old couple he'd seen. His wife identifed the couple as her grandparents. He was disturbed enough to demand the album was removed from his house as he never wanted to see it again.

On his next trip out to sea, he ended up in a port in England, I think it was either Southhampton or Portsmouth. The ship he was on was too big to berth at the port so a little motorboat was used to ferry the man to and from the ship. While him and his friend were waiting for the boat to come in and take them back to the ship a bunch of around a dozen off duty soldiers came along and demanded he gave them the fish and chips he was eating. When Johnny refused a fight broke out and he ended up on the ground with a bunch of guys kicking and stamping on his head. An ambulance came along, and they took Johnny to hospital and put him on life support, but when his wife saw him she said he was gone, and was just like a balloon having air pumped in and out of him, but the fatal injuries were all ones that had been inflicted on his head. Sandra (his wife), always swore afterwards that her grandparents had been trying to warn him.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 12:34:46 PM »

I've had a bunch of preternatural experiences over the years; some of them are posted here....

http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=31908

When these things occurred, I probably would've ascribed them to a popular view of such phenomena; today, I believe them all to be demonic.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 04:00:37 PM »

i really make an effort to not believe in ghosts and spirits because it kind of freaks me out.

story#1
at about 5 years of age in the middle of the night, my room was filled with a red light. i remember being so afraid laying there in my bed, so afraid that i couldnt move. i screamed and screamed "mom", but she didnt her me. the light became more intense and the room was slowly spinning and contorting, i covered myself up to hide with a blanket but it was so scary and intense, even under the covers. i decided to get out of the room, but only with the blanket over me and crawling. the door didnt want to open even though it was unlocked, i fought that damn door! the crawled through the house under the protection of the blanket and up the stairs to the second story where my mom slept. my mom didnt hear me calling even though it was dead silent in that house. when i finally made it to the top, she was awakened by a strange sound and grabbed a shotgun and pointed it at me. she called out my name, i heard her and responded. it was dark and had i not responded, she would have blown my head off. i was always told that the "red room" was a nightmare but i was wide awake when i experienced this.

exterminate all rational thought.....
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2017, 04:28:26 PM »

story #2
about 12 years old when i was awakened by a pressure on my chest and heavy breathing. what i can only describe as a shadow man with one glowing green eye and one glowing red eye laying on top of me. all i could hear was this heavy breathing, its like it was inside my head, but i couldnt breath myself. i was suffocating but i couldnt move or make a sound. it was face to face. i will never forget the red and green eyes, there was no detail in them, they were like two little christmas lights. then all of a sudden; the two eyes split and shot across the room in opposite directions and the shadow thing was gone and i could breath. it felt like a full grown man was sitting on my chest then got up. understandibly i was shaken and felt violated. i would always see shadow people out of the corner of my eye in that house. many weird things would happen and i would often see solid black animals. there was one week when my mom opened the front door, there was this huge black snack just sitting there, the next day there was a storm and a tree fell on the house trapping us inside, then a couple days later the stove blew up. many times, if we had company and talked about it, one of the family dogs would squeal in pain for no reason. i remember finding a cat in the woods hanging from a noose and regurlarly found dead animals around the house. there seemed to be a negative energy about the place. thinking back around that time, i was a troubled youth with very unhealthy thoughts. i think that place was affecting me. very amityvillish.

exterminate all rational thought.....
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Preternatural Experiences? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.