Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:09:56 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Suggestions for The Bad Movie Bible? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Suggestions for The Bad Movie Bible?  (Read 8557 times)
Balibari
Dedicated Viewer

« on: March 12, 2017, 04:50:33 AM »

I feel cheeky starting a thread like this when I'm a newbie. But I've lurked for ages, I'm just not a poster.

I'm writing a book called The Bad Movie Bible. It's a coffee table type thing which features 101 movies that are so bad they're good. Specifically it covers the last 50 years. (As much as I love Ed Wood and co I wanted to tap into the post-Hays code and VHS eras more.)

Anyway, I've been working on it for six months and it's due for publication in May. I'm posting because I have two slots left to fill and my brain has finally keeled over. Having watched thousands of bad movies in my life I started watching half a dozen a day as research, and it's finally gotten to me. There are dozens of possibles I could put in but I've kept the standard high and don't want to compromise at the last hurdle, so I'm looking for a final round of suggestions, if anyone is good enough to make any?

The obvious stuff is all in there: Miami Connection, The Room, Troll 2, Samurai Cop, Birdemic etc. But if anyone has any less mainstream favourites they think haven't got the attention they're due, please let's hear them.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:55:30 AM »

From South Africa:
SPACE MUTINY
NUKIE
THE DEMON
LASER MISSION
OPERATION DELTA FORCE

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Balibari
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 06:11:03 AM »

From South Africa:
SPACE MUTINY
NUKIE
THE DEMON
LASER MISSION
OPERATION DELTA FORCE
Thanks very much, this is the sort of thing I'm after.

Is that the 1979 The Demon? Operation Delta Force was already on my 'maybe watch' list so a second recommendation makes it a priority. I interviewed its director Sam Firstenberg about Ninja III recently and he sent me a bunch of cool behind the scenes pics.

(Love Space Mutiny, and Laser Mission is actually in the book. Any movie with a villain who can survive a mountain landing on him is ok by me.)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 10:01:55 AM »

Hobgoblins, Turisk Starwars  TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 10:28:20 AM »

AFTER LAST SEASON. The director tried to have all copies removed form circulation, though. It's a holy grail type experience of awfulness.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 11:21:35 AM »

AFTER LAST SEASON. The director tried to have all copies removed form circulation, though. It's a holy grail type experience of awfulness.

Apparently the distributor for the film told all the theaters showing it to burn their copies because it was cheaper than having them sent back. Not a vote of confidence.

And there's Youtube to the rescue:

! No longer available Small | Large

Gah!!! Make that awful piano stop!!!!

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 12:52:06 PM »

I will offer up... THINGS
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0183881/

! No longer available Small | Large

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 03:05:18 PM »

So many choices . . . for 80's cheese, I highly recommend THE LOST EMPIRE.
For Japanese weirdness, you can't top HELLDRIVER.
And any book on Bad Movies from the 70's MUST include ZARDOZ.

Let me know when this thing is complete!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 03:42:57 PM »

Hellgate (1989)
Nightmare Weekend (1986)
Evils of the Night (1985)

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 05:42:45 PM »

Night of the Demon (1980) -- Bigfoot rips off a guy's wang in one scene. Amazingly demented.

Scream Baby Scream (1969) -- Painter of deformed images has unconventional models. Late 60's awfulness.

Satan's Children (1975) -- Young man gang raped by biker types must prove himself worthy of a Satanic cult.

A*P*E (1976) -- 3D Korean rip off of "King Kong". The ape flips off the Army. Seriously. Awful, but fun.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 10:00:20 PM »

Terrorvision
Son of Dracula (the Ringo Starr version)
Bloodsucking Freaks
Zombie Lake
Dracula vs Frankenstein
R.O.T.O.R.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 01:29:09 AM »

Is that the 1979 The Demon?

Yes it is that film, set in Johannesburg where every murder is punctuated by a shot of the sea - no sea anywhere here. The director was a friend of mine and the cinematographer is a mentor of mine. Buggedout TeddyR TeddyR

Operation Delta Force was already on my 'maybe watch' list so a second recommendation makes it a priority. I interviewed its director Sam Firstenberg about Ninja III recently and he sent me a bunch of cool behind the scenes pics.

The budget on this was so low, they used fireworks as rockets, every time a weapon is raised, there's a audible click and the defence force HQ uses standard TV sets as multi function screens.  Buggedout

Another thing, the main bad guy played by Joe Lara, uses the phrase Afrikaners for Afrikaner land, little knowing that the word 'Afrikaner' means 'African' in translation.  Buggedout Buggedout
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 03:17:07 AM by Trevor » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 03:18:06 AM »

Night of the Demon (1980) -- Bigfoot rips off a guy's wang in one scene. Amazingly demented.

Buggedout Buggedout

Balibari
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 03:42:06 AM »

Is that the 1979 The Demon?

Yes it is that film, set in Johannesburg where every murder is punctuated by a shot of the sea - no sea anywhere here. The director was a friend of mine and the cinematographer is a mentor of mine. Buggedout TeddyR TeddyR

Operation Delta Force was already on my 'maybe watch' list so a second recommendation makes it a priority. I interviewed its director Sam Firstenberg about Ninja III recently and he sent me a bunch of cool behind the scenes pics.

The budget on this was so low, they used fireworks as rockets, every time a weapon is raised, there's a audible click and the defence force HQ uses standard TV sets as multi function screens.  Buggedout

Another thing, the main bad guy played by Joe Lara, uses the phrase Afrikaners for Afrikaner land, little knowing that the word 'Afrikaner' means 'African' in translation.  Buggedout Buggedout
I watched Operation Delta Force last night, it's on YouTube. I had a lot of fun with it, great stuff. Man, Jeff Fahey has never short changed a movie in his life, he gives everything his all!
Balibari
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 03:46:57 AM »

Thanks very much, there's some really promising stuff here.

Maybe i need to revisit Zardoz. Haven't seen if for years but I don't remember it being that bad. But I think Ishtar is quite good so...

After Last Season, R.O.T.O.R, Things and A*P*E are in the book. R.O.T.O.R is in my top 5 bad movies. Things was my go-to worst horror movie ever made until I saw Science Crazed and Ax 'Em. After Last Season... wow. I mean, just, wow.

Now I'm off to find a bunch of these suggestions.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Suggestions for The Bad Movie Bible? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.