Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:10:45 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Least favourite Slashers / Giallos? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Least favourite Slashers / Giallos?  (Read 6581 times)
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 13, 2017, 10:28:43 AM »

Me:

Unhinged
The Last Slumber Party
Graduation Day
A blade In The Dark
The Forest
The Mutilator

Yours?

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 11:00:53 AM »

Jason Takes Manhattan

I saw this on tv when I was a kid, it turned off of all horror films until I saw Saw in theaters back in 2004 due to the quality of it

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 04:52:57 PM »

haha, Graduation Day and The Mutilator are in my top 10 slashers. love them both. I mean they're super crappy, but I love them...in fact they're the first 2 blu rays I bought after finally getting a blu ray player last year. and Jason Takes Manhattan is my favourite F13 instalment! heh

least fav slasher is possibly SPLATTER UNIVERSITY. boring, badly mic'd...trying too hard to be quirky/funny. can't stand it

least fav giallo.... probably RINGS OF FEAR aka ENIGMA ROSSO. the lame third part of the 'schoolgirls in peril' trilogy that had, in my opinion, a brilliant first 2 instalments (WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SOLANGE?, and WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS?).

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 04:55:45 PM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 05:23:16 PM »

Good replies thus far.. UNHINGED is awful (and was filmed in my hometown of Portland OR), GRADUATION DAY is really bad too (and that band Felony.. ugh!)..  A BLADE IN THE DARK was pretty overrated IMHO.  THE PREY with the giant mutant with an axe is awful but unintentionally funny in a few scenes.  2000 MANIACS is so dull and stupid, much worse than Lewis' BLOOD FEAST.  PIECES is so bad it's funny.  For the crowning turd, though.. MIDNIGHT I cannot hurl enough insults at. 

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 06:52:44 PM »

The one with Cropsy and George Costanza
voltron

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 06:19:05 AM »

zombie...words cannot describe how absolutely HORRID Splatter University is.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 06:38:49 AM »

Hard to determine the worst slasher as there are so many bad ones. Happy Birthday To Me was painful. As was Horror High. And agreed, Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason Goes to Hell suck on toast.

Speaking of which, I just rewatched Friday part III last night (after many years) ...and it was worse than I remembered.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 08:18:40 AM »

The Gripper, or possbily Gipper. Its been a while since I watched it. You have a serial killer obsessed with Ronald Reagan killing people with an axe.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
voltron

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 01:52:16 PM »

Hard to determine the worst slasher as there are so many bad ones. Happy Birthday To Me was painful. As was Horror High. And agreed, Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason Goes to Hell suck on toast.

Speaking of which, I just rewatched Friday part III last night (after many years) ...and it was worse than I remembered.
Wow. You don't like HBTM? Easily one of faves in a very good way, but that's me i guess. I dig F13th pt 3 because of the cheese.  Smile

claws
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 02:09:55 PM »

Is this an unpopular opinion thread?  TongueOut Wink

It's hard for me to dislike most slashers. I even found entertainment in Scream (1981) and Satan's Blade (1984).

I did have issues with the Friday the 13th remake because I wasn't getting any Jason/Camp vibes at all. It felt more like another Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake to me.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 09:05:17 AM »

Wow. You don't like HBTM? Easily one of faves in a very good way, but that's me i guess. I dig F13th pt 3 because of the cheese.  Smile

Yeah, I'll have to rewatch it at some point and give it another chance. I just remember it was a painful viewing, but then, I've sat through Blood Freak (1972) a few times and survived lol. I did like the motorcycle death, but the ending ...ehh.

I'm a major F13 fan...but parts 3, 8, and 9, although high on cheese, just irked me. Part 3 has the intro to the iconic hockey mask, but what dull cheese it was. Now, part 4, on the other hand, was probably the best (that or part 2).

re: Friday remake: yes it was way too much like the TCM remake. They really dropped the ball on that one, although I do love Jason being more sadistic, running, and setting traps (but the tunnels can go!).

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 04:48:55 PM »

I'm gonna add Saw 7 to this thread. It's the only movie I considered walking out in the theater --- during the f**king opening credits where they gave away the god damn  ending. I kept getting angrier and angrier as the movie progressed.

Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
major jay

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 05:01:22 PM »

Agree with zombie#1 about JASON TAKES MANHATTAN. Cheers
Remember being disappointed with THE HOUSE WITH LAUGHING WINDOWS.

Slinkyturd
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 11:22:52 PM »

ANYTHING by Bruno Mattai. He makes complete garbage so bad, it cannot even be enjoyed for being inept.

Come join my facebook fan group for bad films, "Camp, Schlock, Flops, and B Movies": https://www.facebook.com/groups/186517041720723/
voltron

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 11:31:56 AM »

Short Night Of Gkass Dolls and Black Belly Of the Tarantula didn't really keep my attention for too long. Not BAD per se, just kinda mediocre.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Least favourite Slashers / Giallos? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.