Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:15:34 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Popular stuff you have no clue about « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Popular stuff you have no clue about  (Read 1664 times)
claws
« on: March 14, 2017, 02:21:40 PM »

Age related most likely, and lack of interest in certain things keep me stumped and wondering whenever I check my social media newsfeed. I could easily google but in most cases I won't because 99% of the viral trend stuff just looks and sounds stupid or uninteresting. Anyway, feel free to post about popular stuff you are clueless about. Here's mine:

The CW - no idea what this is.
reddit - I've been there once but it is so confusing and I have no desire to go there again.
"I'm pretty when I cry" Fictional Character - Facebook keeps annoying me with that page in my ads for months. I don't care how popular it is, it just sounds stupid.
snapchat
music after 2000s
Instagram - It's basically Facebook with hashtags?
"bae" and "fam" - Solved. I actually just found out this stands for "babe" and "family"  Lookingup
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 03:58:11 PM »

"Game of Thrones"
"The Walking Dead"
Most TV shows
Most video games
Don't know the differences between video game consoles and can't figure out why someone would need or want one if they had a desktop computer
All current popular music

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 04:07:57 PM »

Modern video games or gaming systems.

Pretty much any music after the 90's.

Most tv shows.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 11:02:17 AM »

I think it's amusing that out of disdain I used to pretend not to know who pop culture figures were, but I've long since passed into this state of honestly not knowing them anymore. I was looking through some EW's at a friend's house and I thought...I....don't know these famous people.

It was great.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 11:30:53 AM »

This thing called laundry Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 02:21:07 PM »

Modern actors -- Every day, I log onto imdb.com and look at the five front-page birthday people. With each passing year, I recognize fewer and fewer people.

Smartphones -- I have a Trac-fone that can text, but that's about it. No internet, no apps, no bells and whistles. I know the names of some major smartphone apps, but danged if I understand the purpose (other than data mining for profit).

Sports -- Where I work, you pretty much see wall-to-wall nods to various teams from all types of "Murican sports (baseball, American football, and basketball). I recognize a few, but what little interest I had in sports faded away with Joe Namath and Roman Gabriel (who had a great bit part in "The Chiorboys").

Music and films after the early 90's -- I recognize the names of certain singers and film titles (since modern culture won't allow you to avoid this junk completely), but I have mostly zero knowledge of beyond that. Once in a while, I stumble across something that I like, but rarely. Hell, I just got around to watching "Burn After Reading", and I LOVE Coen Brothers' movies.

TV -- I haven't had cable in at least 10 years. Other than things I can't avoid, I am clueless about 97% of what's popular. I do find a few current series to be interesting, but get sick and tired of the soap opera nature of most of these shows. Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead are prime examples. I hope someone puts a bullet in Rick and Carl's freaking heads, and the series is cancelled. GoT will hopefully end in a couple of years, based on what the producers are saying.

Current politics -- Don't know, don't care. Still think presidents should stay in office 6 years, then taken out and shot after the new president is selected from the phone book. Same with Congresspeople, except they only get 5 years to rule.

Current topical humor -- Since I don't watch news or TV or cable, I am constantly either mystified by specific cultural humor, or forced to look it up if it sticks in my craw. Yes, people DO look at me as if I just crawled out from underneath a rock sometimes. People who know me just leave me out of a lot of conversations so they don't have to explain the mythology behind the latest cultural soundbite.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
claws
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 04:17:23 PM »

I'm with you on the humor. This week friends on facebook posted gifs of a cactus without explanation but everyone knew what it was about - except for me.
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 10:51:55 AM »

Tv shows - i dont watch tv, so i dont know anything about the latest crap or any of the crazy antics that reality stars are up to, but  I can talk about saturday morning cartoons and macgyver all day!

Modern music - i love music. Im constantly sifting through old music and i always find some jem that i never heard.  Ill flip through stations when im driving amd i usually end up listening to talk radio. Its very very rare that i hear something new that i like. Music may actually be worse than tv.

Football - boring. A bunch of men playing grab-ass.

Social media - i have absolutely no interest in it, something seems evil about it. ( this place is nice though)

Stock market/economics - dont know dont care. The only thing i know is that i dont make a lot of money and i pay too much tax.

Modern actors and actresses - who has time to keep up with the newest 20 something with a perfect face. Theyll be forgotten within a year anyway.

Eskimo women - someday....

exterminate all rational thought.....
akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 12:37:36 PM »

TV - Haven't watched in a long, long time.

Famous people - I honestly have no idea.

Sports - To give you an idea how little I've ever cared about sports: It wasn't until about fifth grade when I learned that football wasn't just something made up for movies.  When I found out people actually did that in real life, I was like, "Why?"  I've still never figured it out.

Fashion - I wear a shirt, and pants, and shoes.  Somehow, the combination of those is important ... I guess?

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 09:09:06 PM »

Star Wars--haven't seen one.
Star Trek--it's got Bill Shatner and that's all I know.
Most music, pre-mid'80s. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Archivist

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 04:41:39 AM »

Game of Thrones.  All of my friends have either read the books, watched the series, or both.  But for some reason I have no interest in it. 

I even have a copy of the first book, loaned to me by a friend who promised me that it was 'amazing'.  Have I got past the first ten pages?  No.

Another friend told me, "Game of Thrones is as cool as ... uhhh ... Donnie Yen fighting ten guys while a bunch of Japanese schoolgirls scream with excitement in the background."  But even that sumptuous simile was not enough to entice me to actually watch it.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Popular stuff you have no clue about « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.