Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:15:10 AM
713347 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Evidence (2013): Spoiler Talk « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Evidence (2013): Spoiler Talk  (Read 1366 times)
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 15, 2017, 07:34:26 AM »

The Wife and I watched Evidence (2013) last night -one of two found footage movies with the same name to come out within a couple of year period (this one is about getting stranded in an abandoned desert gas station where the other is a found footage film about camping?).

I had fun with this, but overall, it was stupid.

The good:
At least we get to look at a couple of models lol.
Some nice atmosphere in the desert location.
Some good tension when they discover and explore the gas station.
Some of the movie was not found footage, at least.
Some of the kills are brutal ...and we even see the same kill from 1st and 3rd person.
I didn't expect the reveal and had a little fun trying to guess the killer, but mainly was surprised because it just didn't make sense (motive did, but how it happened did not).

The bad:
The women (in the found footage part) were practically identical. If it weren't for the woman with the Russian accent, I wouldn't have been able to differentiate between any of them (because most of the time it was too dark to tell).
The cops watching the footage.
The cops playing super editors.
Dumb decisions, which are typical of these types of movies. I mean seriously, if you're exploring a dark area and you know there's a killer, conceal yourself, be as quiet as possible, and LISTEN. In a place like that sound travels very well.
The logic. My god. The logic makes no sense (especially the reveal).
The payoff/reveal: no sense.

The plot, quickly summarized (spoilers):
Most of the story is told via cops watching found footage from cameras and cell phones. A couple of fame-wanna-be women (one an aspiring actress; the other an aspiring director) are shooting their life story/before they were famous crap (as if someone would pour through hours of this crap to discover talent haha). After a failed proposal from one of their boyfriends, they take him on a bus trip to Vegas. On the bus we meet a couple of other not-so-interesting red herr...I mean characters.

They realize they're off course and on some dirt road (never adequately explained by the driver on why) just before they run over some barbed wire and crash. They find refuge at a local abandoned gas station/trailer yard, where they stumble around in dark buildings and get picked off gradually by a killer with a welding mask/torch.

The cops are reviewing this footage and following all sorts of red herrings. Funny thing is, they never really figure anything out. The reveal is initiated by the killer(s) themselves via leaking their unedited footage to the media for attention (as the cops have been reviewing the "edited" version only).

So the big reveal is that it was the two wanna be girls who orchestrated this whole thing to make a vid for youtube just for hits. Really? Again, I was caught off guard (I imagine others saw it coming) by the reveal, but mainly because it didn't make a lick of sense.

Some questions raised:

How did they expect to walk out of a bus crash like that. Seems like a big risk that could have easily disrupted their plans. Surprised they weren't maimed or too injured to pull this whole thing off.

How did the bulimia twins overpower the males so easily, especially the big bus driver? (Sure, surprise is always a big factor, but c'mon...one time I could buy, but the second time, no way).

How did the killer(s) maneuver and see so well with that welding gear, while also being so damned silent and fast about putting it on. It's obvious the filmmakers didn't think that through. Ever put a welding mask on? You can't see s**t...especially in the dark!

But, I still liked the experience, as bad as it was.

We plan to follow up by watching the other "Evidence" movie soon.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:51:34 PM by clockworkcanary » Logged

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Nathan45
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 10:38:02 PM »

Good review, I'll take a look at this.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Evidence (2013): Spoiler Talk « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.